• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][OFFICIAL] dotOS 3.1 for the Galaxy A3 2016 | a3xelte | SM-A310xx

Search This thread

dariotr

Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2016
Schauenburg

Logo.png

Galaxy A3 2016 | a3xelte | SM-A310xx
OFFICIAL | Android 9.0
Download

Changelog:
Code:
[COLOR="Teal"]2019-07-07[/COLOR]
- More SELinux fixes (Stricted)
- Remove old implementation of Keydisabler and use Lineage Touch HAL instead (Stricted)
- dotOS 3.1 with many UI improvements and new features
- June 5 Security Patch
- Camera deadlocks are gone now (at least when using default Snap Camera) by fixes in the camera wrapper (danwood76)
- Updated stock vendor blobs (danwood76)
- Improve WiFi battery consumption by enabling the capability of the WiFi firmware to scan efficiently in the background in the framework-res overlays (danwood76)
- Add missing magnetometer config file in vendor/etc/yas_set.cfg (danwood76)

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-05-16[/COLOR]
- Update vendor security from 2018-07-30 to 2019-02-01
- Switching to NFC force download mode in libnfc-sec-hal.conf to improve reliability although turning on can take longer (danwood76)
- More SELinux fixes (danwood76)
- Fixed kernel issue from stock that the device was not charging sometimes (danwood76)
- May 05 2019 security patch (danwood76)

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-04-10[/COLOR]
- Fixed Tethering and Hotspot by enabling CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_CT in the kernel defconfig (danwood76)
- Much more kernel improvements (danwood76)
- Cleaned up ramdisk
- April 05 2019 security patch

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-03-29[/COLOR]
- Touchkeys are now also disabled when the display is turned off (danwood76)

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-03-26[/COLOR]
- Initial Release
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Installation instructions:
1. Make sure you have TWRP installed on your device to be able to flash the rom.
2. Download the latest build from the link above and copy it to a place where you can find it later.
3. Optionally download GApps for using the Play Store and other Google related services from here: https://opengapps.org. Choose ARM as architecture and 9.0 as the OS version. The size of the GApps package is upon to you how much apps you want to have preinstalled. Copy this zip aswell to a place where you can find it easy later. If you download it with Chrome or with the Google Drive App it should be by default in the Download folder.
4. Turn your phone off and press Volume UP + Home Button + Power button at the same time until the splash screen appears. Then your device should boot into the recovery. There you wipe following partitions: Data, System, Cache, Dalvik if this is your first install. All of your installed applications get lost by this. Your photos, videos etc. won't get deleted if you haven't ticked the box for internal storage. As the kernel also supports F2FS i would change the filesystem for the cache partition from ext4 to f2fs for a better system performance. Now go to the main TWRP menu, click on install and go to the place where you have placed your zips and first select the rom and then click on the left button if you have downloaded the optional GApps package to add another zip to the queue. Now swipe the slider at the bottom to install and reboot the phone to the system. The first boot can take a while and after booting you could experience some lags because of the GApps initialization but they should disappear after some time.
4. Now you have successfully installed the rom and you're ready to use dotOS on your device. Congratulations! :D

Bugs:
- VoLTE (isn't working on samsung devices and won't work anytime in the future too)
- HWC isn't enabled yet (could lead to a bit performance decrease in apps with alot of layers)

XDA:DevDB Information
dotOS 3.1 for the Galaxy A3 2016, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
dariotr

Credits
@danwood76
@Stricted
@alexax66

Source Code:
https://gitlab.com/dariotrombello
https://gitlab.com/Exynos7580
https://github.com/DotOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: dotOS

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-03-22

Created 2019-03-22
Last Updated 2019-07-11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190330-105254_System_Updates.png
    Screenshot_20190330-105254_System_Updates.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 5,913
  • Screenshot_20190330-105400_System_Updates.png
    Screenshot_20190330-105400_System_Updates.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 5,794
  • Screenshot_20190330-105756_Quickstep.png
    Screenshot_20190330-105756_Quickstep.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 5,839
  • Screenshot_20190330-105805_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20190330-105805_Einstellungen.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 5,681
  • Screenshot_20190330-105823_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20190330-105823_Einstellungen.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 5,763
  • Screenshot_20190330-105837_Quickstep.png
    Screenshot_20190330-105837_Quickstep.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 5,686
Last edited:

dariotr

Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2016
Schauenburg

Discord
I've created a new Exynos 7580 Discord because the old one from the Lineage 15.1 project got deleted. I regularly share testing builds here. Join if you want :D. If you have any questions or problems with the ROM, write them also there.

https://discord.gg/TEfC5hA

Building
You can find a guide for building dotOS for the Galaxy A3 2016 here: https://github.com/dariotrombello/local_manifests

Last edited:

dariotr

Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2016
Schauenburg
The ROM is now out official with working OTA Updater. Changelog from the last unofficial build:

- Widevine L1 is working now for a better quality when streaming movies etc. via Amazon Prime or Netflix (thanks to danwood76)
- A few more SELinux fixes

Last edited:

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
The ROM is now out official with working OTA Updater. Changelog from the last unofficial build:

- Widevine L1 is working now for a better quality when streaming movies etc. via Amazon Prime or Netflix (thanks to danwood76)

Although we now have Windevine L1 our phone is not supported on Netflix or Amazon Prime (it is not on stock either).

There are some hacked versions of Netflix floating about but I don't think you really need HD on our tiny screen :).

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Widevine L1 is even supporting 4K, isn't it?

L1 just enables a more protected version of DRM, it is carried out in a secure area of the CPU (mobicore). So yes it supports higher resolutions but neither Netflix nor Amazon support non certified phones, you may be able to get round it by changing the build fingerprint. I've not tested it because I have no need for HD video on a 4.7" screen :D.

Reactions: s3korn and dariotr

Kyukazai

Feb 9, 2019
Bug, or Problem?

Man, help me. I installed the Dot OS 3.0 (Pie) version, until I was able to use it for about 5 - 8 hours, but suddenly he started to stop the interface making me unable to use the phone, first I formatted it thinking it was just a bug , but it remained, I went back to version 2.5 of DotOS (Oreo) but still still giving the same problem ...: /

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Man, help me. I installed the Dot OS 3.0 (Pie) version, until I was able to use it for about 5 - 8 hours, but suddenly he started to stop the interface making me unable to use the phone, first I formatted it thinking it was just a bug , but it remained, I went back to version 2.5 of DotOS (Oreo) but still still giving the same problem ...: /

What exactly is the issue?

Did you wipe /data /system and erase the cache before installing?

Can you provide a logcat of the error?

Reactions: Wiltoncandido

Kyukazai

Feb 9, 2019
What exactly is the issue?

Did you wipe /data /system and erase the cache before installing?

Can you provide a logcat of the error?

The issue is the same, the UI interface always stops running and the phone stuck for 45 seconds, after I stop the UI and restart it, the phone stay normal, after aproximately 1 - 2 minutes the problem return and permance in a loop

Yes, I did have a full wipe, data, system, cache, internal storage, etc...

Where I can get the logcat?

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
The issue is the same, the UI interface always stops running and the phone stuck for 45 seconds, after I stop the UI and restart it, the phone stay normal, after aproximately 1 - 2 minutes the problem return and permance in a loop

Yes, I did have a full wipe, data, system, cache, internal storage, etc...

Where I can get the logcat?

You can produce a logcat using this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

Did you install gapps?
If so try a full clean flash but without installing gapps.

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Yeah, I tried this and works! The phone back to work perfectly. So much thanks :victory:
But, it's possible to install the xposed with this ROM?

You should be able to install the latest opengapps with DotOS without issue.

I don't think there is official Xposed for Pie, and I have heard that the unofficial is very unstable.
Why do you need xposed?

Reactions: Kyukazai

Kyukazai

Feb 9, 2019
You should be able to install the latest opengapps with DotOS without issue.

I don't think there is official Xposed for Pie, and I have heard that the unofficial is very unstable.
Why do you need xposed?

Yeah, I see the unofficial, I will stay in Oreo, but thanks for the answer :D

I need the xposed for the modules: LTweaks, Gravity Box, Xposed Edge.
XD

comkioxd

Jan 9, 2018
Found a little bug

When you drop down the notification panel whilst in landscape and try to close it by tapping in the blank space below the "no notifications" text or around it, the menu bugs out, showing the tiles for a split second and then closing all together.

mansyrdem

Nov 29, 2018
keep going..

Hello. I have been following dot OS for a long time. I've noticed that during both the trial of both stable and android pie .. The location is wifi hidden. I enter the user name and password manually, but does not recognize it. Although it appears to be a registered wifi network, the connection happens. everything is ok when wifi is removed from the modem interface. We wish to have a small share ..

Kyukazai

Feb 9, 2019
Router bug

I noticed a bug when I try to connect the router along with the mobile data, it just does not turn on.

Good Job man, and thanks so much for this great ROM ;). You're the best.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Logo.png

Galaxy A3 2016 | a3xelte | SM-A310xx
    OFFICIAL | Android 9.0
    Download

Changelog:
    Code:
    [COLOR="Teal"]2019-07-07[/COLOR]
    - Remove old implementation of Keydisabler and use Lineage Touch HAL instead (Stricted)
    - June 5 Security Patch
    - Camera deadlocks are gone now (at least when using default Snap Camera) by fixes in the camera wrapper (danwood76)
    - Improve WiFi battery consumption by enabling the capability of the WiFi firmware to scan efficiently in the background in the framework-res overlays (danwood76)

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-05-16[/COLOR]
    - Update vendor security from 2018-07-30 to 2019-02-01
    - Switching to NFC force download mode in libnfc-sec-hal.conf to improve reliability although turning on can take longer (danwood76)
    - Fixed kernel issue from stock that the device was not charging sometimes (danwood76)
    - May 05 2019 security patch (danwood76)

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-04-10[/COLOR]
    - Fixed Tethering and Hotspot by enabling CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_CT in the kernel defconfig (danwood76)
    - Much more kernel improvements (danwood76)
    - Cleaned up ramdisk
    - April 05 2019 security patch

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-03-29[/COLOR]
    - Touchkeys are now also disabled when the display is turned off (danwood76)

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-03-26[/COLOR]
    - Initial Release
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Installation instructions:
    1. Make sure you have TWRP installed on your device to be able to flash the rom.
    2. Download the latest build from the link above and copy it to a place where you can find it later.
    3. Optionally download GApps for using the Play Store and other Google related services from here: https://opengapps.org. Choose ARM as architecture and 9.0 as the OS version. The size of the GApps package is upon to you how much apps you want to have preinstalled. Copy this zip aswell to a place where you can find it easy later. If you download it with Chrome or with the Google Drive App it should be by default in the Download folder.
    4. Turn your phone off and press Volume UP + Home Button + Power button at the same time until the splash screen appears. Then your device should boot into the recovery. There you wipe following partitions: Data, System, Cache, Dalvik if this is your first install. All of your installed applications get lost by this. Your photos, videos etc. won't get deleted if you haven't ticked the box for internal storage. As the kernel also supports F2FS i would change the filesystem for the cache partition from ext4 to f2fs for a better system performance. Now go to the main TWRP menu, click on install and go to the place where you have placed your zips and first select the rom and then click on the left button if you have downloaded the optional GApps package to add another zip to the queue. Now swipe the slider at the bottom to install and reboot the phone to the system. The first boot can take a while and after booting you could experience some lags because of the GApps initialization but they should disappear after some time.
    4. Now you have successfully installed the rom and you're ready to use dotOS on your device. Congratulations! :D

Bugs:
    - VoLTE (isn't working on samsung devices and won't work anytime in the future too)
    - HWC isn't enabled yet (could lead to a bit performance decrease in apps with alot of layers)

XDA:DevDB Information
    dotOS 3.1 for the Galaxy A3 2016, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
    dariotr

Credits
    @danwood76
    @Stricted
    @alexax66

Source Code:
    https://gitlab.com/dariotrombello
    https://gitlab.com/Exynos7580
    https://github.com/DotOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: dotOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-22

Created 2019-03-22
    Last Updated 2019-07-11

Discord
    I've created a new Exynos 7580 Discord because the old one from the Lineage 15.1 project got deleted. I regularly share testing builds here. Join if you want :D. If you have any questions or problems with the ROM, write them also there.

https://discord.gg/TEfC5hA

Building
    You can find a guide for building dotOS for the Galaxy A3 2016 here: https://github.com/dariotrombello/local_manifests

2019-07-07
    - June 5 Security Patch

This update won't get rolled out via OTA for the next time as many changes in the dotOS team are happening now. I can only tell that much that we could get automated daily builds soon.
    thank you the rom is so smooth, i am happy to use it as my daily phone. but i have a problem with camera, my camera is so laggy, i tried install the other camera app and still got the same issue. i have to reboot the phone to use camera normally, so far my problem just with camera. The other things is so good

The camera can crash when using google camera, you are best using the default camera app from the ROM.

A reboot will solve the crash and make it work again.

Unfortunately the bug is in the closed source HAL and only Samsung has the code for that.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

In general, firmware 8.1 and Android 9 are good, but in the new builds, the 8.1 line and Android 9 come with a reduced write right, the gallery does not display photos and videos from the memory card, and some applications do not have access to the storage, for example, ultronotes.apk (early line builds 8.1 problems nebylo) when will it be fixed?

I cannot reproduce this issue in the latest DotOS build.

Are you sure you don't have a corrupt SD card?