• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][OFFICIAL] dotOS 3.1 for the Galaxy A3 2016 | a3xelte | SM-A310xx

Search This thread

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015

dariotr

Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2016
Schauenburg
I tried to install your rom but I always get this error:
Zip Treble compatibility error!
Invalid zip file format!

I have twrp 3.3.0-0. I also tried to install dotOS 2.5 UNOFFICIAL from your download link and it seems to work so I don't know what is wrong really.
It looks to me like TWRP is detecting your device as treble compatible but it is not. Have you changed anything on your partitions? In any case reflashing stock with odin (will wipe all your data, better do a backup before) should fix this.

yashirho

Jul 31, 2009
Hi need help please i flash dots 3.0 rom but have emergency calls only on my a310f what Can i do to fix that please

anonymous4272

Feb 13, 2018
Hi Guys
I wanted to move over from revolution os to this, but just wanted to know if this rom has all 8 cores working, cos revolution os had that

dariotr

Recognized Developer
Mar 30, 2016
Schauenburg
2019-07-07
- More SELinux fixes (Stricted)
- Remove old implementation of Keydisabler and use Lineage Touch HAL instead (Stricted)
- dotOS 3.1 with many UI improvements and new features
- June 5 Security Patch
- Camera deadlocks are gone now (at least when using default Snap Camera) by fixes in the camera wrapper (danwood76)
- Updated stock vendor blobs (danwood76)
- Improve WiFi battery consumption by enabling the capability of the WiFi firmware to scan efficiently in the background in the framework-res overlays (danwood76)
- Add missing magnetometer config file in vendor/etc/yas_set.cfg (danwood76)

This update won't get rolled out via OTA for the next time as many changes in the dotOS team are happening now. I can only tell that much that we could get automated daily builds soon.

Brummbude

Jun 10, 2012
Root

Hi,

How do I gain root access to the ROM? SuperSU is not working and the ROM itself does not have any options...

msamarakoon

Jul 25, 2019
Cannot install

I got flashed dots 2.5 successfully in my a3xelte. but when i'm trying to flash 3.1 follwing message appear in TWRP and flashing is aborted. I tried several times after wiping partition data, system, cash and dalvik but failed. I also tried 20190326 initial update, but same message. please advice
Installing zip file 'sdcard/dotoS-P-v3.1-a3xelte-OFFICIAL-20190707-1039.zip'
checking for MD5 file ...
skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Warning: No file contexts
E3004: This package is for device: a3xelte, a3xeltexx, a3xelteub, a3xeltedo: This device is.
E: unknown command [log]
updater process ended with error:7
Error installing zip file 'sdcard/dotoS-P-v3.1-a3xelte-OFFICIAL-20190707-1039.zip'
updating partition details...
...done

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
I got flashed dots 2.5 successfully in my a3xelte. but when i'm trying to flash 3.1 follwing message appear in TWRP and flashing is aborted. I tried several times after wiping partition data, system, cash and dalvik but failed. I also tried 20190326 initial update, but same message. please advice
Installing zip file 'sdcard/dotoS-P-v3.1-a3xelte-OFFICIAL-20190707-1039.zip'
checking for MD5 file ...
skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Warning: No file contexts
E3004: This package is for device: a3xelte, a3xeltexx, a3xelteub, a3xeltedo: This device is.
E: unknown command [log]
updater process ended with error:7
Error installing zip file 'sdcard/dotoS-P-v3.1-a3xelte-OFFICIAL-20190707-1039.zip'
updating partition details...
...done

You need to update to the latest TWRP:
https://eu.dl.twrp.me/a3xelte/

Reactions: msamarakoon

ceugen

May 18, 2018
digitizer bug

Hello dariotr,

Thanks for the rom, it is stable, fast and battery friendly.

There is just one bug that bugs me:

During a phone call, I am able to bring the display on by pressing certain buttons when it is off.
It seems that the phone accepts input during a phone call, you can test this by calling someone while covering the sensor located in the upper part of the device.
After that just tap the screen where the keyboard button is.
The screen will turn on, and the keyboard will be on-screen.

The annoying part is that the above steps are done by the human ear acting as a thumb. :D

dehdar1999

Jul 9, 2019
Lamerd
Nice work thank you! ?

Please fix vpn (L2TP/IPsec PSK) connection issue.
and NFC problem , NFC don't enable easily (should restart to on/off NFC)

THANKS YOU
sorry for my bad English.

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Please fix vpn (L2TP/IPsec PSK) connection issue.
and NFC problem , NFC don't enable easily (should restart to on/off NFC)

THANKS YOU
sorry for my bad English.

NFC takes around 10 seconds to enable, it is very reliable on my phones and always enables/disables without issue.

What issue are you having with VPN? Can you provide logs (both a logcat and a kernel dmesg will be required).

Regards,
Danny

Reactions: dehdar1999

dehdar1999

Jul 9, 2019
Lamerd
thanks bro , VPN problem solved by reinstall rom , and NFC too. :eek:

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

NFC takes around 10 seconds to enable, it is very reliable on my phones and always enables/disables without issue.

What issue are you having with VPN? Can you provide logs (both a logcat and a kernel dmesg will be required).

Regards,
Danny
thanks bro , VPN problem solved by reinstall rom , and NFC too. :eek:

sstassin

Aug 26, 2008
Hi and thank you for your work.
I am always very impressed by people doing this kind of very difficult work.
And i am also very grateful to be able to have an updated version of Android on our "old SM-A310F" :)

Just a question, since the 07/07 update i am facing a slower display.... the screen is less reactive ....
Does anyone is facing the same problem ?

Ragards

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Hi and thank you for your work.
I am always very impressed by people doing this kind of very difficult work.
And i am also very grateful to be able to have an updated version of Android on our "old SM-A310F" :)

Just a question, since the 07/07 update i am facing a slower display.... the screen is less reactive ....
Does anyone is facing the same problem ?

Ragards

It will be fixed in Darios next release.

Strcited and I fixed a lot of bugs in our HWC implementation so the next release will be smoother and quicker.

Regards,
Danny

Reactions: s3korn and aelfinn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Logo.png

Galaxy A3 2016 | a3xelte | SM-A310xx
    OFFICIAL | Android 9.0
    Download

Changelog:
    Code:
    [COLOR="Teal"]2019-07-07[/COLOR]
    - Remove old implementation of Keydisabler and use Lineage Touch HAL instead (Stricted)
    - June 5 Security Patch
    - Camera deadlocks are gone now (at least when using default Snap Camera) by fixes in the camera wrapper (danwood76)
    - Improve WiFi battery consumption by enabling the capability of the WiFi firmware to scan efficiently in the background in the framework-res overlays (danwood76)

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-05-16[/COLOR]
    - Update vendor security from 2018-07-30 to 2019-02-01
    - Switching to NFC force download mode in libnfc-sec-hal.conf to improve reliability although turning on can take longer (danwood76)
    - More SELinux fixes (danwood76)
    - Fixed kernel issue from stock that the device was not charging sometimes (danwood76)
    - May 05 2019 security patch (danwood76)

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-04-10[/COLOR]
    - Fixed Tethering and Hotspot by enabling CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_CT in the kernel defconfig (danwood76)
    - Much more kernel improvements (danwood76)
    - Cleaned up ramdisk
    - April 05 2019 security patch

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-03-29[/COLOR]
    - More SELinux fixes (danwood76)
    - Touchkeys are now also disabled when the display is turned off (danwood76)

[COLOR="Teal"]2019-03-26[/COLOR]
    - Initial Release
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Installation instructions:
    1. Make sure you have TWRP installed on your device to be able to flash the rom.
    2. Download the latest build from the link above and copy it to a place where you can find it later.
    3. Optionally download GApps for using the Play Store and other Google related services from here: https://opengapps.org. Choose ARM as architecture and 9.0 as the OS version. The size of the GApps package is upon to you how much apps you want to have preinstalled. Copy this zip aswell to a place where you can find it easy later. If you download it with Chrome or with the Google Drive App it should be by default in the Download folder.
    4. Turn your phone off and press Volume UP + Home Button + Power button at the same time until the splash screen appears. Then your device should boot into the recovery. There you wipe following partitions: Data, System, Cache, Dalvik if this is your first install. All of your installed applications get lost by this. Your photos, videos etc. won't get deleted if you haven't ticked the box for internal storage. As the kernel also supports F2FS i would change the filesystem for the cache partition from ext4 to f2fs for a better system performance. Now go to the main TWRP menu, click on install and go to the place where you have placed your zips and first select the rom and then click on the left button if you have downloaded the optional GApps package to add another zip to the queue. Now swipe the slider at the bottom to install and reboot the phone to the system. The first boot can take a while and after booting you could experience some lags because of the GApps initialization but they should disappear after some time.
    4. Now you have successfully installed the rom and you're ready to use dotOS on your device. Congratulations! :D

Bugs:
    - VoLTE (isn't working on samsung devices and won't work anytime in the future too)
    - HWC isn't enabled yet (could lead to a bit performance decrease in apps with alot of layers)

XDA:DevDB Information
    dotOS 3.1 for the Galaxy A3 2016, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series

Contributors
    dariotr

Credits
    @danwood76
    @Stricted
    @alexax66

Source Code:
    https://gitlab.com/dariotrombello
    https://gitlab.com/Exynos7580
    https://github.com/DotOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: dotOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-22

Created 2019-03-22
    Last Updated 2019-07-11

Discord
    I've created a new Exynos 7580 Discord because the old one from the Lineage 15.1 project got deleted. I regularly share testing builds here. Join if you want :D. If you have any questions or problems with the ROM, write them also there.

https://discord.gg/TEfC5hA

Building
    You can find a guide for building dotOS for the Galaxy A3 2016 here: https://github.com/dariotrombello/local_manifests
    The ROM is now out official with working OTA Updater. Changelog from the last unofficial build:

- Widevine L1 is working now for a better quality when streaming movies etc. via Amazon Prime or Netflix (thanks to danwood76)
    - A few more SELinux fixes
    2019-07-07
    - June 5 Security Patch

This update won't get rolled out via OTA for the next time as many changes in the dotOS team are happening now. I can only tell that much that we could get automated daily builds soon.
    thank you the rom is so smooth, i am happy to use it as my daily phone. but i have a problem with camera, my camera is so laggy, i tried install the other camera app and still got the same issue. i have to reboot the phone to use camera normally, so far my problem just with camera. The other things is so good

The camera can crash when using google camera, you are best using the default camera app from the ROM.

A reboot will solve the crash and make it work again.

Unfortunately the bug is in the closed source HAL and only Samsung has the code for that.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

In general, firmware 8.1 and Android 9 are good, but in the new builds, the 8.1 line and Android 9 come with a reduced write right, the gallery does not display photos and videos from the memory card, and some applications do not have access to the storage, for example, ultronotes.apk (early line builds 8.1 problems nebylo) when will it be fixed?

I cannot reproduce this issue in the latest DotOS build.

Are you sure you don't have a corrupt SD card?