[ROM][9.0][OFFICIAL] Kraken Open Tentacles Project [beryllium][2019-05-04]

mamutal91

Jul 15, 2017
Brazil
github.com

Code:
 /*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */
Based on Android 9.0

About
Our proposal is giving the best of clean Android experience, without forgetting few useful personalizations!

GApps
DON'T FLASH GAPPS, The OpenGApps project is already included.

What's working
Yours Working in the build

Known issues
---

Instructions
Download the latest build
Reboot to recovery
Flash the latest build
Reboot

Github Source
Telegram News
Telegram Chat

ROM Firmware Required: 9.x Pie

Last edited:

mamutal91

Jul 15, 2017
Brazil
github.com
Another useless rom, yey

Nothing original, same changes as others with another name, more bugs and less users. Seriously, what's the matter of this?

Also,
I appreciate your input, but first, I'd like to let you know a few things.

The project is based LOS, with few changes. You say that you have more bugs, it shows how you do not understand anything at all.
The second thing that is very important, and maybe you still do not know ... but I'll tell you: DOWNLOAD IS NOT MANDATORY!
You may not believe it, but I swear it's true ... just use it, who wants it!

I still appreciate your opinion

asifzbaig

Dec 16, 2013
Delhi
Few question before I try this another beautiful work:

- Security Patch version? I am already on June patch, don't want to go behind
- Kernel name and version? F2FS supported on Data partition?
- You mentioned OpenGapps, please mention which build it is, Mini, Micro, Pico?
- Since its based on LOS, I can't expect but any Pixel goodies added in the mix? Like launcher, dialer, contacts, theme, fonts, Lockscreen?
- Any Q-Styles added? Text Lock clock, battery icon, battery stats in QS panel like "upto 3am" texts.
- Any specific Mod/settings you added other than derived from sources?

At last, Thank you for work!! ?

Reactions: Sendertrii

Ziegenjupp

Mar 27, 2010
hi, is there a way to have the network traffic counter moved to the right? for me its under the notch and the only statusbar items i allow tonshow are wlan, mobile data and battery. in the screenshot u cant see that the number is under the notch, i can only see the arrows. and wheres the clock or how can i enable clock in statusbar?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: nikz106

mamutal91

Jul 15, 2017
Brazil
github.com
Few question before I try this another beautiful work:

- Security Patch version? I am already on June patch, don't want to go behind
- Kernel name and version? F2FS supported on Data partition?
- You mentioned OpenGapps, please mention which build it is, Mini, Micro, Pico?
- Since its based on LOS, I can't expect but any Pixel goodies added in the mix? Like launcher, dialer, contacts, theme, fonts, Lockscreen?
- Any Q-Styles added? Text Lock clock, battery icon, battery stats in QS panel like "upto 3am" texts.
- Any specific Mod/settings you added other than derived from sources?

At last, Thank you for work!!
I'll update the security path today
Kernel Derp by akhil, with f2fs support
OpenGApps variant nano

saintjimmy1984

May 13, 2018
A little suggestion : you and all other devs, please stop including gapps in your roms ok ? I preffer microG or BitGapps minimal tweaked gapps installed. Also hate google phone app and messages by google. Be original ! I would really like to see a aosp rom with OOS ported dialer.

Reactions: nosiobadx

nosiobadx

Jul 18, 2016
Mexico City
A little suggestion : you and all other devs, please stop including gapps in your roms ok ? I preffer microG or BitGapps minimal tweaked gapps installed. Also hate google phone app and messages by google. Be original ! I would really like to see a aosp rom with OOS ported dialer.
I think this guy has a point, we've come to have 5 to 10 different ROMS which only difference is the name, I'm not being rude nor ungrateful for devs work, all ROMs should have it aggregate value, that would make them different from each other, also some of us left stock ROMS due to OEM crappie apps and Google stuff, so it should be optional to flash or not gapps, that's our choice to make.

Don't come with "then you do your development and crazy sh1t" , just take it as an advice and feedback

Reactions: Sendertrii

nikz106

Jun 26, 2010
Rajkot/Bangalore
Thank you for the amazing ROM .. it's superfast, responsive.. amazing battery till now and even game performance is blazingly smooth.. I definitely recommend all to try this ROM .. it surely deserves some attention..