[ROM][9.0][OFFICIAL] Kraken Project [POTTER]

Search This thread

io_gh0st

Sep 27, 2011
Colombo
Is Kraken dead?

Nope. There has been an update a while back. Maybe the OP forgot to update the thread?

Either way, take a look at the Kraken Telegram channel. You'll find everything there.

Edit: talking about updates, there has been a new one today! Guys, check the Telegram group. I'm at work right now, so I cannot post the details ATM.

Last edited:

Hymix

Apr 28, 2016
Any way to get fingerprint navigation working? I can read my fingerprint to unlock etc, but can't see any way to use it to navigate and free up my screen space.

milanthkr

Sep 28, 2019
I like this ROM a lot. Everything is buttery smooth and I haven't encountered any app crashes or forced closes since installing this ROM yesterday. The only issue I have is that the compass doesn't work for my phone (XT1687). Is there any way to get it working on this ROM?

brunobm

Oct 8, 2014
I stop working on several models of wifi router do not want to connect

I also had problems connecting to my home WiFi, although I could connect to all the other wi-fi's I tried. I couldn't fix this by messing with the router settings, but managed to connect by setting a static IP on my phone for that network instead of letting the router assign one randomly.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

This rom is just great. It has been running flawlessly on my 2gb variant. Great battery, at least as fast as stock Oreo, has great camera options...

Just had a weird problem that just happens on first boot that might discourage people: On the setup screen on the first boot, I had no nav buttons, or bar or gestures on fingerprint sensor. So I couldnt go back from any menu I opened... After the setup screen I had to got to settings and find the option to turn on the nav buttons, while not being able to close anything or go back in the settings. After about five minutes of using the phone, the Moto actions showed up in settings and I could use the fingerprint sensor gestures again for nav (which I think are great!).

This first minor problem is now irrelevant to my daily use, so Im just really glad to be able to use a Pie ROM on this phone working so well.
So thank you to all developers that worked on this rom!!

Last edited:

lpulido

Jul 29, 2013
The rom is absolutely amazing and woks flawlessly!!

I've also got problems connecting to routers. The problem is with password protected networks, I could only connect to open routers.
Going back because I couldn't even connect setting static IP.

Erick_Summer

Sep 11, 2016
Mexico
Someone has had problems connecting to a Wi-Fi network, it connects but says there is no internet, probe if it was my router but no, my other devices and it has and with the rom no.

some_one17

Nov 16, 2016
Here I have the solution that does not connect in Wi-Fi networks, the administrator uses it in the telegram group, just flash the file using magiks Install image> boot> magisk> reboot and voila, they will have Wi-Fi. : D

Hi, i have the same issue.. Could you explain it better please?? Or pass some link to a post for reference??

Thanks

WishiXD

Dec 12, 2018
Github / Download Link Down

Github Project / Download Link are down :( since Yesterday , can you please fix Them ? Im really looking forward to try this rom. Thank you !

ArjenNL

Aug 13, 2012
Kraken development has ceased

According to a post on their Telegram channel, the Kraken development has ceased and the Rom is abandonware. It has been rechristened aosp-forking. It will remain open but no rom builts will be provided. A shame really, I liked it, for both futures and stability.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

Code:
     /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

About:
    Our proposal is giving the best of clean Android experience, without forgetting few useful personalizations!

GApps:
    DON'T FLASH GAPPS, The OpenGApps project is already included.

What's working:
    Yours Working in the build
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    VoLTE
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues:
    DTV
    Encryption

Instructions:
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build
    Reboot

Special Thanks:
    LineageOS
    OpenGApps
    ViperOS
    AospExtended
    crDroid
    DirtyUnicorns

Downloads:
    * Download Kraken *

* Github Source *
    * Telegram News *
    * Telegram Chat *

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Firmware Required: 8.x Oreo

XDA:DevDB Information
    kraken-project, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    eduardobastier93, Vache
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 8.x Oreo
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-05-27
    Last Updated 2019-06-09
    Very nice rom, fast, clean, smooth.

Tested in 32/2GB. (Another rom that don't bootloops with latest/may patches) wiiiii :laugh:

To anyone interested kraken is pure AOSP.

keep rocking!
    Changelog:

= Source =

* June security patch
    * Translations updated
    * Google apps updated
    * Lawnchair updated
    * Add extended Qs
    * Add extended volume panel
    * Theming improved
    * Others fixes

= Device =

* Kernel based on new Omni kernel HMP (credits for Vache)
    * Adjusted for smoother vibrations

Note: Clean flash is required.
    This ROM is perfect! I do though because of my setup have to restart my phone every 2-3 days to shake the cobwebs out and keep it as lag free as possible. But otherwise this is the first Pie rom where I can open up Google Maps and it doesn't cause total lockup or Spotify and not have the LMK kill it when it felt like it. Or call up Assistant and not wait 2 minutes for it to come up! Running the 2/32 variant (at least delays my need to find a 3/32 X4 or 4/64 G5+ on eBay)

Will the new update make things even better (I know, clean flash)? Also, will there be at some point adding the only feature I think is missing? The ability to natively unlink ring and notification volumes?

Excellent work!
    Thanks for this awesome rom. Very stable and has the right amount of customization. It's been my daily driver for since the latest update.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone