• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][OFFICIAL][LINK WAS FIXED!] Pixel Experience [MARKW][AOSP]

Search This thread

Dack13

Sep 27, 2019
Hi all,

I've just installed the last ROM and I have to say that it looks great, very fast and the overall experience is really good.
But I'm having trouble with the notifications led, which is not working when receiving notifications. Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks

eliccs

Feb 3, 2012
Wuhan
weibo.com
A modded phone. Interesting... Did you do it yourself? How was it? Where did you source the memory module?

I bought it in the second-hand market.On taobao.com you can upgrade the memory of many mobile phones.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

I think he's bot a a note 4 or one of the unlicenced Redmi 4 ( not prime, so no real markw)

It's a real markw,I have used markw 3+32 before

davidnw

Dec 25, 2010
Melbourne
Hi all,

I've just installed the last ROM and I have to say that it looks great, very fast and the overall experience is really good.
But I'm having trouble with the notifications led, which is not working when receiving notifications. Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks
I just tested mine. The notification light does not indicate a received message. I checked the log and could find no error messages. I think the indicator is operated by the lightServices service, it starts with no error.

Looking at the system log I noticed error messages about the app Carrier Services not found. I installed the app and error messages stopped. I don't know how useful it actually is.

I am very happy with this ROM. Thanks to the developers.

drawun

Jul 18, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I bought it in the second-hand market.On taobao.com you can upgrade the memory of many mobile phones.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

It's a real markw,I have used markw 3+32 before

Ops. Just saw your location. I guess if they can mod iPhone over there, a lowlife markw won't a problem.
Did you solder it yourself though? It's pretty hard I think. Obviously skills and tools are needed.
A soldering iron and solder won't do :good:

eliccs

Feb 3, 2012
Wuhan
weibo.com
Ops. Just saw your location. I guess if they can mod iPhone over there, a lowlife markw won't a problem.
Did you solder it yourself though? It's pretty hard I think. Obviously skills and tools are needed.
A soldering iron and solder won't do :good:

It had already be moded before I bought it,not very expensive compared to the 3+32g version.I can only do the battery replacement thing:D:D

View attachment 4830783

Last edited:
Reactions: drawun

Driftingbender

Oct 1, 2019
Improvement of sound mi

on redmi 4 pro in the settings did not find the item "IMPROVEMENT OF SOUND MI".
How to install it or how else improves sound?
:eek:

NickJared

Sep 10, 2017
Hey, I just flashed PE+ and I don't how to make DTS Headphone X or Dolby audio work. Does the new Illuminated kernel support them? If not could you make the effort to include it for next release? Thanks, mate.

davidnw

Dec 25, 2010
Melbourne
on redmi 4 pro in the settings did not find the item "IMPROVEMENT OF SOUND MI".
How to install it or how else improves sound?
:eek:
I think the list you mention are of changes to Android code not necessarily new features. You could check the source code to find out exactly was changed. Most of the code changes do not have detailed explanations.

To have a look at what these changes are like see the LinageOS code change site. https://download.lineageos.org/gts210vewifi/changes/

frakka

Feb 11, 2019
Hi!
After last 09/24 update, Bluetooth calling stop working.
I can't enable any Bluetooth paired device to phone calls. Music works fine.

Screenshot_20191008-185025.jpg

Before last update my bt hearphone and car audio works fine.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 Prime utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

frakka

Feb 11, 2019
Hi!
After last 09/24 update, Bluetooth calling stop working.
I can't enable any Bluetooth paired device to phone calls. Music works fine.

View attachment 4838641

Before last update my bt hearphone and car audio works fine.

Seems to been a temporary issue.
Now bluetooth calls works fine, no phone reboot nor any tricks, it simply started working after some hours and some pairing/unpairing of my hearphones. But now "Phone calls" are enabled for alla devices.

Thank you for your work!

Blackfire69

Jan 3, 2019
Love this ROM, but i have a small issue, its about the network... Its slower than MIUI, i dont know this ROM have bad signal. Please solve this, except this, everything is good

Kubaczepiec

Mar 19, 2018
New kernel

Hi your rom is amuzing, but it is posible to have new linux kernel 4.9. I read that the SN625 have linux kernel 4.9.

Bixxyxr

Jun 11, 2018
headphone problem

with the version 2019/09/24 22:05 PixelExperience_Plus_markw-9.0-20190924-2205-OFFICIAL.zip
when I receive a call and the headphones are connected I do not hear the voice in the headset. I am forced to remove and reconnect the jack and then I receive the interlocutor's voice
:confused:

dngr503

Nov 12, 2014
with the version 2019/09/24 22:05 PixelExperience_Plus_markw-9.0-20190924-2205-OFFICIAL.zip
when I receive a call and the headphones are connected I do not hear the voice in the headset. I am forced to remove and reconnect the jack and then I receive the interlocutor's voice
:confused:

Partly confirm. Sometimes I can answer the call via headphones successfully, and sometimes not. Cannot identify proper trigger for that.
Also after several days of uptime of a phone I experience mobile network degradation. After phone's reboot everything becomes OK.

Nevertheless, it's really a amazing rom.

frakka

Feb 11, 2019
Hi, can you confirm that this ROM uses its built-in DNS servers, instead of those provided by DHCP servers?

EDIT:
Solved, was due to "private DNS" (DNSoverTls) enabled.
Set this function to "off" I can use my own DNS servers again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FMOzKgPvLPaWB_b4AbFukRos8nB8%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGtwTyCR.png%3Fraw%3Dtrue

Pixel Experience for Redmi 4 Prime [OFFICIAL]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    FM Radio
    WiFi Hotspot
    VoLTE
    VoWiFi
    Cast
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Fingerprint reader
    Button remapper
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

IF YOU WANT TO SAY THANKS OR SUPPORT THE DEVELOPER, HERE IS THE DONATIONALERTS LINK:
    DONATIONALERTS

Download Link:
    SourceForge

Translation
    Help with project translation

Credits & Thanks:
    jhenrique09
    Razziell
    SonicBSV

Pixel Experience Team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Contributor: Granrage
    Source Code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/Granrage/device_xiaomi_markw
    Kernel: https://github.com/Granrage/android_kernel_xiaomi_markw
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be On latest Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-09-05

Created: 2019-09-05
    Last Updated: 2020-02-11
    The download link was fixed!
    In the last update of Pie Plus "PixelExperience_Plus_markw-9.0-20190905-1622-OFFICIAL" the notification bar is not working, touching a notification the systemUI craches. Please fix this

Re-install the ROM by the clean way with wipes and also don't forget to format data. There is no bug with notification bar!
    why create new thread?

what is the difference between PIE and PIE plus edition?

is it okay to dirty flash latest pie to latest pie plus?
    1) You can easily saw that there kinda different nicknames "Granrage_VL" vs "Granrage". I don't have any access to my old account. That's why I've created new thread.
    2) Kinda hard to say, now team PE provides two editions of Pixel Experience: Standart(Pie) and Plus(Pie). Standart is just a clean PE without any extra settings and other stuff. Plus is a version with extra settings and some other stuff. But also there is no big difference(on rom side, not a device, for device there was a lot of changes) between old PE and PE Plus, only new PE Standart edition don't have extras.
    3) No, you better install it by the clean way to avoid any bugs. Too much changes in code.
    Sorry for the late reply.
    I hope that my answer was helpful, that's kinda hard to to explain the difference between this two versions.
    You also can find some videos on YouTube to understand the difference.
    So im trying to flash it but every time I try to I get an error 7 and this text "e1001: failed to update system image". Anyone knows what is it? I really want to flash exactly this rom. :(