• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][OFFICIAL][LINK WAS FIXED!] Pixel Experience [MARKW][AOSP]

Search This thread

Cook3R-HU

Nov 5, 2019
Hi, firstly thanks for the rom, it gives a new life for my markw. Everything smooth and runs fine but i found some bugs.
1. When using the camera at night with flash, sometimes it takes the photo after the flash and everyting is dark on it.
2. sometimes it cannot access GPS (especially with waze, i have to start gmaps to found gps signal then waze works fine too)
3. i didnt find pocket mode for double tap unlock. Is there any way to enable it because sometimes it wake up in my pocket.

THE passenger

Jun 17, 2013
Tehran
Bugs

hello guys. i had some problems with this Rom on redmi 4 prime. here is list :
1- showing network speed won't work sometimes and i had to restart my phone to fix.
2- using Bluetooth earphones make network unstable, for example when i watching YouTube or twitch , I get buffer loading Everytime i using my earphones.
3- i can't use my earphones at HD audio configuration at Bluetooth setting. when i switching to normal mode it works.
Anyone's had any suggestions or solution ?
Device: Redmi 4 prime (markw)

kavana

Dec 3, 2006
Shanghai
PixelExperience_Plus_markw-9.0-20190924-2205 doesn't support USB Ethernet through OTG, and the old version PixelExperience_markw-9.0-20190618-1752-OFFICIAL support this feature

It is very useful let markw to be a music streamer through USB Ethernet

davidnw

Dec 25, 2010
Melbourne
The lockscreen is showing the temperature in Fahrenheit, how do I change it to Celsius ?

Later edit,

A couple of hours later it shows Celsius ! Maybe complaining about it caused it to be embarrassed.

Next morning it is back to Fahrenheit. Maybe it is POMD - phase of the moon dependent.

Last edited:

keiany

Mar 30, 2011
Esfahan
Thanks for your great ROM

I have problem with IR sensor. I can't use it

Could you fix it please?

Anyone can use remote controller with this ROM?

keiany

Mar 30, 2011
Esfahan
I am on Pe plus0924 , everything works perfect ,including IR sensor.

Thanks for your reply

Which application are you using?
I have installed anymote smart remote which i was using in stock ROM to control my LG TV
But i can't

Update:
I've tested the IR with an camera and i saw that my IR sender is working. However i don't know why i can't control my TV

Thanks for the great ROM

Last edited:

Deheya

Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for your reply

Which application are you using?
I have installed anymote smart remote which i was using in stock ROM to control my LG TV
But i can't

Update:
I've tested the IR with an camera and i saw that my IR sender is working. However i don't know why i can't control my TV

Thanks for the great ROM
Firstly, Not all IR device was supported, And i am using the remote control from xiaomi, installed from google. Play store. Try it , wish you good luck.

Reactions: keiany

keiany

Mar 30, 2011
Esfahan
The ROM is so great

I used mi remote too so i can remote my TV now

However i have problem with handsfree connection. Sometimes it can't be recognized after using some special application and i should only restart the device until i can use it again

I have problem with battery too. It uses more battery in comparison of MIUI ROM. Stock ROM had great feature for controlling battery usage which this ROM hasn't

marv_t

Apr 20, 2020
Excellent ROM. The best firmware I've tested. Works like a charm. Good job. Thank you!

Renzolino

Mar 17, 2016
Giugliano
this rom is extraordinary.
The only thing I noticed and I would like to understand why, the battery charges very slowly and reaches 99%.
If I force the charge even when turned off, it restarts and starts again, in loop.
Do you know?
thank you

deathtothespy

Jul 25, 2015
i'm having some trouble installing the rom. I'm on miui global 10.2.2.0. I have twrp 3.3 something. I downloaded the rom from the link in the first post. I had to remove the assert from the updater-script because it didn't recognise my device (although it's the markw). It happened to me the last time i installed, but i went back to miui because i needed to. Anyways, when trying to flash from twrp it get an error code 7: saying that it can't unmount /system. I have entered the directory from adb shell and /system is there, both in the dev/block folder and dev/block/bootdevice/by-name etc.
What could be going wrong?

danny1004

Mar 3, 2017
Really great and smooth rom,thank you...by the way will there be an Android 10 Version too

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FMOzKgPvLPaWB_b4AbFukRos8nB8%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGtwTyCR.png%3Fraw%3Dtrue

Pixel Experience for Redmi 4 Prime [OFFICIAL]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    FM Radio
    WiFi Hotspot
    VoLTE
    VoWiFi
    Cast
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Fingerprint reader
    Button remapper
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

IF YOU WANT TO SAY THANKS OR SUPPORT THE DEVELOPER, HERE IS THE DONATIONALERTS LINK:
    DONATIONALERTS

Download Link:
    SourceForge

Translation
    Help with project translation

Credits & Thanks:
    jhenrique09
    Razziell
    SonicBSV

Pixel Experience Team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Contributor: Granrage
    Source Code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/Granrage/device_xiaomi_markw
    Kernel: https://github.com/Granrage/android_kernel_xiaomi_markw
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be On latest Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-09-05

Created: 2019-09-05
    Last Updated: 2020-02-11
    The download link was fixed!
    In the last update of Pie Plus "PixelExperience_Plus_markw-9.0-20190905-1622-OFFICIAL" the notification bar is not working, touching a notification the systemUI craches. Please fix this

Re-install the ROM by the clean way with wipes and also don't forget to format data. There is no bug with notification bar!
    why create new thread?

what is the difference between PIE and PIE plus edition?

is it okay to dirty flash latest pie to latest pie plus?
    1) You can easily saw that there kinda different nicknames "Granrage_VL" vs "Granrage". I don't have any access to my old account. That's why I've created new thread.
    2) Kinda hard to say, now team PE provides two editions of Pixel Experience: Standart(Pie) and Plus(Pie). Standart is just a clean PE without any extra settings and other stuff. Plus is a version with extra settings and some other stuff. But also there is no big difference(on rom side, not a device, for device there was a lot of changes) between old PE and PE Plus, only new PE Standart edition don't have extras.
    3) No, you better install it by the clean way to avoid any bugs. Too much changes in code.
    Sorry for the late reply.
    I hope that my answer was helpful, that's kinda hard to to explain the difference between this two versions.
    You also can find some videos on YouTube to understand the difference.
    So im trying to flash it but every time I try to I get an error 7 and this text "e1001: failed to update system image". Anyone knows what is it? I really want to flash exactly this rom. :(