• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][OFFICIAL] OmniROM

Search This thread

CodeZero

Aug 9, 2014
Mumbai
https%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-f4P5JsJ7xE8%2FAAAAAAAAAAI%2FAAAAAAAAAAY%2FSVgE864HY1Y%2Fphoto.jpg

Download

Kernel source

Device tree source

Vendor source

MAJOR BUGS:
you tell me

FLASHING
Wipe data/system/cache
Flash rom zip
[optional]Flash opengapps nano
Reboot

Warning!!!
  • BackUp EFS and persist partition before installing. If you lose IMEI , use this backup to retrieve it in future.

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, third party apps or you installed Xposed
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you've modifies system files
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Code:
    adb logcat > logcat.txt
    Code:
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt
  • If it is a random reboot, grab kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Code:
    adb shell cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Bug report should be done in following format provided in code below
Code:
What is your
Omnirom version:
Omnirom Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you
wipe:
 restored with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits :
- The Omnirom Team
- Thanks to ROM that have been built on Legacy Server and also thanks to all the legacyserver member friends
- Special Thanks to @wzedlare and @vache without them it wouldn't have been possible for us to get Nougat and Oreo
- Thanks to @nonesovile96 , @ahmedmaz, @kiam001, and everyone else from treble cedric testing group for testing rom
- Let me know if i missed anyone​

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
CodeZero, vache
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-06-11
Last Updated 2019-06-16

CodeZero

Aug 9, 2014
Mumbai
OmniROM first official weekly is up !!!!!!!!!!!
All other ROMs aside, it's a fantastic thing when a device gets an Omni ROM release. The first release was unofficial but now that we've gone official, many many congratulations and many many thanks to the dev @CodeZero and to all supporters/contributors! This is indeed an outstanding achievement! :good:

Reactions: CodeZero

Bruno Morais

Sep 30, 2016
Piracicaba
I can not open games in this rom, would it be any configuration? rom clean and everything original.

Congratulations on the job.

Answer: Found problem, had disabled chromium. After reactivated they worked.

Last edited:

usucapiao

Oct 7, 2010
This ROM is blazing fast on my device and has some good personalization options. Using as my daily for some time from now on.

Thank you Code!

Spardose

May 27, 2019
Camera isn't working properly. If you try to do more than one picture the whole phone crashes - independently of the app you use.
I made some "Crashlogs" with the Matlog-App, but I don't know how to get them (where is its save folder?).
Strangely you can make a single photo, restart the app and make another one. Until now I didn't face that green tiles stuff on darker photos.

Also Omnirom has no App2SD functionality which limits the usage very fast (2-500mb/map for Google Maps).

Edit:
What is your
Omnirom version: 9-20190618-cedric-WEEKLY
Omnirom Download url: First one from the first post, then an OTA Update
Gapps version: 9.0 nano

Did you
wipe: TWRP (The only wipe you need)
restored with titanium backup: Some Apps
reboot after having the issue: Yes

Are you using--
a task killer: No
a non-stock kernel: Uhm... the one from omnirum i suppose
other modifications: No

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed

Edit2: Ok i found the log: https:// pastebin.com/0EUYjw9Q

Last edited:
Reactions: Nyakov

CodeZero

Aug 9, 2014
Mumbai
Camera isn't working properly. If you try to do more than one picture the whole phone crashes - independently of the app you use.
I made some "Crashlogs" with the Matlog-App, but I don't know how to get them (where is its save folder?).
Strangely you can make a single photo, restart the app and make another one. Until now I didn't face that green tiles stuff on darker photos.

Also Omnirom has no App2SD functionality which limits the usage very fast (2-500mb/map for Google Maps).

Edit:
What is your
Omnirom version: 9-20190618-cedric-WEEKLY
Omnirom Download url: First one from the first post, then an OTA Update
Gapps version: 9.0 nano

Did you
wipe: TWRP (The only wipe you need)
restored with titanium backup: Some Apps
reboot after having the issue: Yes

Are you using--
a task killer: No
a non-stock kernel: Uhm... the one from omnirum i suppose
other modifications: No

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed

Edit2: Ok i found the log: https:// pastebin.com/0EUYjw9Q
thanks for the logs i'll loook into it

Oct 15, 2017
Download

Kernel source

Device tree source

Vendor source

MAJOR BUGS:
you tell me

FLASHING
Wipe data/system/cache
Flash rom zip
Reboot

Warning!!!
BackUp EFS and persist partition before installing. If you lose IMEI , use this backup to retrieve it in future.

Reporting Bugs
DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, third party apps or you installed Xposed
DO NOT Report bugs if you've modifies system files
If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)

If it is a random reboot, grab kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Credits :
- The Omnirom Team
- Thanks to ROM that have been built on Legacy Server and also thanks to all the legacyserver member friends
- Special Thanks to @wzedlare and @vache without them it wouldn't have been possible for us to get Nougat and Oreo
- Thanks to @nonesovile96 , @ahmedmaz, @kiam001, and everyone else from treble cedric testing group for testing rom
- Let me know if i missed anyone

Contributors
CodeZero, vache

Version Information

Created 2019-06-11
Last Updated 2019-06-16
Best rom till now if you guys can provide gcam in next update that will be awesome with working features

AlaskaPardus

Jul 26, 2010
Passau
Sorry for my (stupid?) question...but i have no /persist partition in TWRP for backup....or is it called with an other name?
have:
-System
-System Image
-Data(excl. Storage)
-Cache
-Boot
-Recovery
-Vendor
-EFS
-logo

searched the forums, but found nothing about this....

aragorn1203

Sep 13, 2012
Sorry for my (stupid?) question...but i have no /persist partition in TWRP for backup....or is it called with an other name?
have:
-System
-System Image
-Data(excl. Storage)
-Cache
-Boot
-Recovery
-Vendor
-EFS
-logo

searched the forums, but found nothing about this....

Check this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5/help/help-testing-build-twrp-arm64-t3874472
This TWRP worked pretty well for me, managed to do a backup and restore, although I did remove the encryption of my phone with Format Data, so I am not sure if it works well with encrypted phone.
Hope it helps :)

Reactions: AlaskaPardus

XVFreak

Jun 10, 2016
Camera doesn't work, no video possible
Dual-SIM doesn't work. Buttons to switch between the Data-SIM-Card toggle only the first SIM :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-f4P5JsJ7xE8%2FAAAAAAAAAAI%2FAAAAAAAAAAY%2FSVgE864HY1Y%2Fphoto.jpg

Download

Kernel source

Device tree source

Vendor source

MAJOR BUGS:
    you tell me

FLASHING
    Wipe data/system/cache
    Flash rom zip
    Reboot

Warning!!!
    • BackUp EFS and persist partition before installing. If you lose IMEI , use this backup to retrieve it in future.

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, third party apps or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you've modifies system files
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      Code:
      adb logcat > logcat.txt
      Code:
      adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt
    • If it is a random reboot, grab kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      Code:
      adb shell cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Code:
    What is your
    Omnirom version:
    Omnirom Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you
    wipe:
     restored with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits :
    - The Omnirom Team
    - Let me know if i missed anyone​

Contributors
    CodeZero, vache

Version Information

Created 2019-06-11
    Last Updated 2019-06-16
    OmniROM first official weekly is up !!!!!!!!!!!

Changelog :-

• Initial official build
    • SafetyNet fixed
    • Navbar enabled by default now.

Download Link :- http://dl.omnirom.org/cedric/omni-9-20190616-cedric-WEEKLY.zip

• As usual link of rom is updated in op
      [*]Clean Flash recommended

Note :-

Regards,
    CodeZero
    @CodeZero
    Hello,
    it'll be possible to fix the camera issue. I love this ROM. Strange is that I can take photos with the APP signal, even several in a row.
    I'm trying my level best to fix it..

@CodeZero,

I have a problem with an app (MediaMarkt app) it crashes in this rom after few seconds. I've attached the log.
    Please If you have time fix it. This rom is great, thanks for your work.
    alright I'll take a look
    Since two months no further updates... is this intended?

Kind regards, mistersixt.
    well working on Android 10 so ig pie roms will be discontinued by me will update you guys about this soon thanks
    Hi, thanks for this great ROM!! Really great work!!
    Just one question: when I push the power buttion, the camera starts most times. I don't know how to change settings. The forum says: Go to Settings > Display and deactivate "Double tap starts camera". Unfortunately this option does not exist in the Display menu....

Go to settings > system > gestures > jump to camera

Just disable that option and you're good to go!