Welcome to the new beginning! This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of PIE for OnePlus 5T. Sincere thanks to LineageOS team for the rom base sources.
These are TEST builds. They aim to test what's working and what needs improvement. If you face any force close, you need to provide log to get it resolved. Make sure to keep eye on this post and latest discussions in this topic to help yourself.
Pretty much AOSP since this is TEST build
- HW encryption. This is removed since TWRP is not supporting Pie decryption as of now OR it is broken on ROM side to support TWRP.
- Permissive build till we are ready
ROM: Click Here (Always download latest)
Gapps: Click Here (Recommended - Latest nano Gapps variant)
TWRP: Click Here (Requires 3.2.3 since this is TREBLE build.)
Firmware: Click Here (Requires 5.1.5)
- Backup before you begin
- Format Data if you are on encrypted device and reboot again to recovery
- Format Userdata if coming from another ROM even crDroid Oreo
- Format System and Cache always
- Flash required firmware (one-time)
- Flash ROM + Gapps
- Flash Magisk 17 for root
- Reboot and profit!
Loving this? Support by donating. :good:
Join us on Telegram Group for crDroid Oneplus 5/T
Can you add feature XYZ?
Probably yes, but it will come gradually. You can request nicely.
Does this require decrypted ROM?
YES. HW encryption is broken which means if you flash on encrypted ROM, you're likely to lose data.
What about VoLTE?
It should work. But test it on your own accord and let us know!
Is native root added?
Not yet. But you can search and flash Magisk 17 for root.
crDroidAndroid, ROM for the OnePlus 5T
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 5.1.5
Last Updated 2018-09-01