[ROM][9.0][P] ⚛ CarbonROM Opal | Sony Xperia Z2 ⚛

Search This thread

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
Possible Ok Google fix for no volume in calls with activated voice detection from every screen. For me it's working so far.

After a few more attempts i finally took the values from my SGS4 i9505 with the optLOS 16.0, i did the same in the past for my Z3C with LOS 14.1 and the Ok Google bug was gone.

Replace the following rows in your build.prop

# Audio config
audio.offload.disable=1
media.aac_51_output_enabled=true
mm.enable.smoothstreaming=true
persist.vendor.audio.fluence.speaker=true
persist.vendor.audio.fluence.voicecall=true
ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=fluence
vendor.dedicated.device.for.voip=true
vendor.voice.path.for.pcm.voip=false

Please test and report.

Credits goes to @illmnec

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/fix-low-mic-call-t3055661/post79107216

Uploaded the modified build.prop on MEGA, boot into TWRP, mount system, goto advanced-file manager, goto system, backup original build.prop, browse to the downloaded build.prop, replace your original build.prop, set permissions to 0644, reboot your device - have fun. Feel free to create a flashable zip, i'm too lazy for this.

https://mega.nz/#!cF8zTAjQ!gfXTO4yoDIR2hh6MtV7CvNKApdOzdNZa0JZFZTA4Z9Q

IF YOU'RE NOT ON 15/03 BUILD DON'T REPLACE YOUR ORIGINAL BUILD.PROP WITH MY MODIFIED FILE, EDIT YOUR EXISTING BUILD.PROP.

Last edited:

blacknight153

Feb 17, 2018
Cairo
heating issue

i just installed the rom and its super good very smooth and well made only bugs i faced was if i took more than 1 pic it will just freeze how ever battery is so bad and the phone heats up too fast please fix nice rom btw

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
i just installed the rom and its super good very smooth and well made only bugs i faced was if i took more than 1 pic it will just freeze how ever battery is so bad and the phone heats up too fast please fix nice rom btw

There is no " bad battery thingy " or heating up. It is always the same - it depents with the apps you've installed. Find the deep sleep killers and eliminate them. I flashed GApps Super package - it's normally a battery killer, but not in this Rom, f.i. Google Fit is NOT in my optimized list, and no battery drain for me. Same thing with the overheating problem - i play NFS no Limits, i never had this problem - not on my Z2 or my Z3C, of course always with custom Roms. What are you doing with your phones?

BBS - screenie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190418-172322_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20190418-172322_BBS.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 478

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
OnePlus 9 Pro
New update is up! Download link is in the first post and changelog in the second.

Sorry for the long hiatus. Ideally I would have wanted to fix the camera issue before releasing a new build, which is what I was trying to do. Unfortunately, I have not made any progress in that regard, which is why I wanted to release a quick update for y'all. This build mostly fixes the broken NFC in the initial build, adds a lot of upstream Carbon features, and improves battery life and performance. Here's a screenshot of my standby with Google sync, Wi-Fi an d BT on throughout.

4cCj9u7.png

xperia1-2

Sep 26, 2017
New update is up! Download link is in the first post and changelog in the second.

Sorry for the long hiatus. Ideally I would have wanted to fix the camera issue before releasing a new build, which is what I was trying to do. Unfortunately, I have not made any progress in that regard, which is why I wanted to release a quick update for y'all. This build mostly fixes the broken NFC in the initial build, adds a lot of upstream Carbon features, and improves battery life and performance. Here's a screenshot of my standby with Google sync, Wi-Fi an d BT on throughout.

Thank you very much for your contribution, I have been a little bit too late to experience it.:good:

vikash1994b

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi A1

Download link takes to honami's download page. plz fix it and thanks for the update

Last edited:
Reactions: ali6944

Bokhsan

Aug 31, 2016
@drakonizer
Hi
I'm a tester.
Thanks for support old device
This ROM and other pie ROM for Xperia z2 not good performance and Drop frames in animations When open apps or Switche between apps
Really what's wrong?

Last edited:

devilgloom

Sep 25, 2015
Manhattan
Hey
thank you for new build but I'm find some bugs
1. led notification just work in charging and don't work for app notification receive
2. Video not play in instagram and Facebook
3. Hot-spot not working even usb tethering
Thank you

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
Ok Google MicFix to fix mute during calls with activated Google voice detection from every screen. Flash in TWRP.

!!! ONLY FOR 20190421 BUILD !!!

https://mega.nz/#!1ZFGhCIQ!GKvcl3oG6hxGjYOJIYuv0nSWsxJvIV--6ehUAJs1S3w

To revert changes flash this :

https://mega.nz/#!JAUEXASa!kmHya2Wj-dBnU37Kw4WLo6bVwK-aY4u5yyD2HsHQRZo

Changes in build.prop :

# Audio config
#ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluence
#persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true
#persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=false
#persist.audio.fluence.audiorec=true
#persist.audio.fluence.speaker=true
#persist.audio.handset.mic.type=analog
#persist.audio.anc.enabled=true
audio.offload.disable=1
media.aac_51_output_enabled=true
mm.enable.smoothstreaming=true
persist.vendor.audio.fluence.speaker=true
persist.vendor.audio.fluence.voicecall=true
ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=fluence
vendor.dedicated.device.for.voip=true
vendor.voice.path.for.pcm.voip=false

These values are from optLOS 16.0 for the SGS4 i9505, it works, don't ask why, i don't know, i did this earlier with the values from LOS 14.1 for the i9505 and had ever success with my Z2 and Z3C.

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK - BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL BUILD.PROP FIRST.

The changes ( not the whole provided build.prop ) may work in other Pie Roms.

Credits and thanks for the inspiration go to @illmnec, original thread here :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/fix-low-mic-call-t3055661/post79107216

Last edited:

Hans_Werner

Jul 30, 2015
Cologne
Rom ist smooth so far. Thank you. @drakonizer
Please let me know if Your battery test is without a active sim or not?

My battery drain (cell standby) is horrible. Approximately 40 %. The cell strange is good. Any suggestions?

Best

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
Rom ist smooth so far. Thank you. @drakonizer
Please let me know if Your battery test is without a active sim or not?

My battery drain (cell standby) is horrible. Approximately 40 %. The cell strange is good. Any suggestions?

Best

No idea, but also no battery drain here.

I've changed the CPU hotplug from MPDecision to IntelliPlug, with Kernel Adiutor, i guess you know this app. Flashed GApps Super Package, Google Fit NOT optimized, and really no problems with battery drain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190423-205156_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20190423-205156_Einstellungen.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Screenshot_20190423-205022_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20190423-205022_BBS.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Screenshot_20190423-205056_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20190423-205056_BBS.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 294
  • Screenshot_20190423-205112_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20190423-205112_BBS.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 274

Cygmon0

Jul 22, 2016
So good so far :)

Only one small problem that persists on this ROM and previous as well (7.1 and 8.1)

Is when the phone language is changed to Arabic.
Toast messages gets broken.

All other pie ROMs doesn't have this problem. I guess it's carbon specific..

Those two screenshots. One with carbon pie. And the other with aosp extended..

The broken one it's on carbon pie..

The weird thing is that Not all toast messages are broken. Some of them show up correctly ..

Anyways . what I've got broken so far.

1- developer settings
2- magisk ( when it says approved superuser)
3- WhatsApp plus ( when trying to save a status pic or vid)

And some other apps.

Also enabling RTL from developer settings doesn't solve this problem..

Thanks :)View attachment 4748072Screenshot_20190423-180758_Quickstep_1.jpg

تم الإرسال من Xperia Z2 باستخدام Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

What's not working:
    ⚛ Camera crashes when taking multiple pictures in quick succession.

What's fixed/improved compared to other Pie builds:
    ⚛ Video Recording - it works perfectly

What's broken:
    ⚛ You tell me!

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Instructions:
    ⚛ Take a backup of your setup in case you want to return to it.
    ⚛ Make sure you are on TWRP v3.2.x
    ⚛ Perform a factory reset.
    ⚛ Install the ROM.
    ⚛ Install a GApps package if you wish. You can also install Magisk for root access.
    ⚛ Reboot to the system.
    ⚛ ???
    ⚛ Profit.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Join our Telegram group and channel! We will be posting major announcements on the channel and you can reach the devs and other users quickly through the group. The invite link is right below as well.
    5) Please keep bug reports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bug reports yet.

Download
    G-Apps
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM Pie, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    drakonizer
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/CarbonROM/android_kernel_sony_msm8974/tree/cr-7.0[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock FTF
    Based On: AOSP + CAF

Version Information

Created 2019-03-10
    Last Updated 2019-04-21

4cCj9u7.png
    Reserved

Huge thanks to @0LDST4R for being kind enough to send me a sirius to work on! Looking forward working on this device a lot more in the coming days :)

Changelog:

20/04/2019:
    ⚛ Fix NFC.
    ⚛ Improve performance and battery life.
    ⚛ Upstream Carbon updates (a lot of new goodies, check em out!)

10/03/2019:
    ⚛ Initial release
    Huge thanks to @0LDST4R for being kind enough to send me a sirius to work on! Looking forward working on this device a lot more in the coming days :)

Changelog:

10/03/2019:
    ⚛ Initial release

It's for the community. ;)

Thanks @drakonizer for keeping alive our device ( s ) .
    First, thank you for supporting this device.
    Second, is this rom support ota update?

When we go official it will support Delta updates. That should happen Soon™
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone