[ROM][9.0][P] ⚛ CarbonROM Opal | Sony Xperia Z2 ⚛

Search This thread

Hans_Werner

Jul 30, 2015
Cologne
Thank you. I will see what happens with the settings you mentioned.

See attached my battery drain from yesterday. ( With 3 h Charing while driving, Google maps)

No idea, but also no battery drain here.

I've changed the CPU hotplug from MPDecision to IntelliPlug, with Kernel Adiutor, i guess you know this app. Flashed GApps Super Package, Google Fit NOT optimized, and really no problems with battery drain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190423-214935_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20190423-214935_Einstellungen.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 534

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190424-223709_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20190424-223709_Einstellungen.png
    127 KB · Views: 300

Cygmon0

Jul 22, 2016
Weird problem..

Sometimes I can't play WhatsApp videos, until I restart the phone

تم الإرسال من Xperia Z2 باستخدام Tapatalk

Hans_Werner

Jul 30, 2015
Cologne
That's really a very high drain in cell network standby.

Maybe

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.doze

could help? It's naptime, very useful.

My accu life from today, to proof the results from yesterday - very good - similar to stock.

Okay, thank you for some ideas.
After few tests ( settings in kernel auditor and napetime) the problem still exists.

I also disabled gps accuracy to device only.

By the way. On latest carbon Oreo build I had the same problem. :confused:

Before in flashed cr7 I had completely wiped my phone. (Fresh installation)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190425-174433_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20190425-174433_Einstellungen.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 191

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
After few tests ( settings in kernel auditor and napetime) the problem still exists.

I'm really out of ideas now. My knowledge is limited, i'm learning by doing. My only suggestion would be - reflash latest stock, compare the battery drain, then start from zero, root, recovery, rom... Try your new system with the GApps Super package, replace the included dialer with the Google dialer. I don't really believe that this procedure would help, but it's worth a try. This is my configuration, without the additional not needed languages.

Best, and sorry, i hate it to suggest a standard workaround...

@drakonizer

Another thing - maybe our LED is working soon?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/z3...nt/9-lineageos-16-0-z3c-t3886777/post79403908

:angel:

Last edited:

ali6944

Mar 13, 2015
Latakia

It could be a bad battery, especially if you had the phone for a while

mmhausr

Mar 16, 2019
Thanks for the update!

I think the battery and heating issue is way better than in previous build. Battery life is also quite good.
For those of you who have problems: When you monitor your apps, you will notice that some of them cause strong battery drain and heating and others work quite well. In my case, for example Firefox has bad impact on battery and heating.

Don't really know about that but sometimes the phone is not responding when touching power button to wake up. Screen stays black and only hard reboot solves the issue reliably (sometimes it works 2 mins later).

Subarashii09

Apr 27, 2019
Camera app freezes even after taking single photo :(
Also, using dark theme, the fonts are not consistent everywhere and somewhere they seem to blend with background, making theme unusable...
Otherwise, it is a very nice rom. I will say it surely if you fix the camera app.

isaakcu

Nov 15, 2014
Camera app freezes even after taking single photo :(
Also, using dark theme, the fonts are not consistent everywhere and somewhere they seem to blend with background, making theme unusable...
Otherwise, it is a very nice rom. I will say it surely if you fix the camera app.

Disable the stock camera application. Install another camera application partially solves the problem. also, if you clear the camera application you used from the recently used applications section, the problem is resolved. sorry for bad english

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
Disable the stock camera application. Install another camera application partially solves the problem. also, if you clear the camera application you used from the recently used applications section, the problem is resolved. sorry for bad english

Sounds good, will try it too.

Edit :

Seems to be a workaround, for me it's working. No bug messages after taking multiple photos.

Used this cam :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.camera

Last edited:
Reactions: isaakcu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

What's not working:
    ⚛ Camera crashes when taking multiple pictures in quick succession.

What's fixed/improved compared to other Pie builds:
    ⚛ Video Recording - it works perfectly

What's broken:
    ⚛ You tell me!

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Instructions:
    ⚛ Take a backup of your setup in case you want to return to it.
    ⚛ Make sure you are on TWRP v3.2.x
    ⚛ Perform a factory reset.
    ⚛ Install the ROM.
    ⚛ Install a GApps package if you wish. You can also install Magisk for root access.
    ⚛ Reboot to the system.
    ⚛ ???
    ⚛ Profit.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Join our Telegram group and channel! We will be posting major announcements on the channel and you can reach the devs and other users quickly through the group. The invite link is right below as well.
    5) Please keep bug reports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bug reports yet.

Download
    G-Apps
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM Pie, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    drakonizer
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/CarbonROM/android_kernel_sony_msm8974/tree/cr-7.0[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock FTF
    Based On: AOSP + CAF

Version Information

Created 2019-03-10
    Last Updated 2019-04-21
    New update is up! Download link is in the first post and changelog in the second.

Sorry for the long hiatus. Ideally I would have wanted to fix the camera issue before releasing a new build, which is what I was trying to do. Unfortunately, I have not made any progress in that regard, which is why I wanted to release a quick update for y'all. This build mostly fixes the broken NFC in the initial build, adds a lot of upstream Carbon features, and improves battery life and performance. Here's a screenshot of my standby with Google sync, Wi-Fi an d BT on throughout.

4cCj9u7.png
    Reserved

Huge thanks to @0LDST4R for being kind enough to send me a sirius to work on! Looking forward working on this device a lot more in the coming days :)

Changelog:

20/04/2019:
    ⚛ Fix NFC.
    ⚛ Improve performance and battery life.
    ⚛ Upstream Carbon updates (a lot of new goodies, check em out!)

10/03/2019:
    ⚛ Initial release
    Huge thanks to @0LDST4R for being kind enough to send me a sirius to work on! Looking forward working on this device a lot more in the coming days :)

Changelog:

10/03/2019:
    ⚛ Initial release

It's for the community. ;)

Thanks @drakonizer for keeping alive our device ( s ) .
    First, thank you for supporting this device.
    Second, is this rom support ota update?

When we go official it will support Delta updates. That should happen Soon™
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone