[ROM][9.0][P] ⚛ CarbonROM Opal | Sony Xperia Z1 | OFFICIAL

Search This thread

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017
My greeting mr drakonizer, i have test this pie rom and noticed the following issues, at first please fix the opening issue of easyjoin pro app from play store because a weird Fc every time happening when trying to run this app and i mentioned this to the app dev and he confirmed thats no exception or error from his side, so i bet this Fc is related to your rom, other than that no lag or crashes nor heating, thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: zackking

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
OnePlus 9 Pro
My greeting mr drakonizer, i have test this pie rom and noticed the following issues, at first please fix the opening issue of easyjoin pro app from play store because a weird Fc every time happening when trying to run this app and i mentioned this to the app dev and he confirmed thats no exception or error from his side, so i bet this Fc is related to your rom, other than that no lag or crashes nor heating, thanks a lot.

Don't really see anything wrong in the logcat, so it could be an SELinux denial. Let me know if your problem is fixed if you set SELinux to permissive.

On a side note, I have some news. My honami was unfortunately stolen from me a week ago, and as such I will not be able to continue development. Since my Pie trees are stable, you will receive a few official builds before they will be stopped. I will also upload a build with fixed offline charging if there is someone who is willing to test it before I release it.

It has been a pleasure working on the Xperia Z1, and I will sorely miss it.

MIcHiJK

Feb 13, 2016
Unknown
Don't really see anything wrong in the logcat, so it could be an SELinux denial. Let me know if your problem is fixed if you set SELinux to permissive.

On a side note, I have some news. My honami was unfortunately stolen from me a week ago, and as such I will not be able to continue development. Since my Pie trees are stable, you will receive a few official builds before they will be stopped. I will also upload a build with fixed offline charging if there is someone who is willing to test it before I release it.

It has been a pleasure working on the Xperia Z1, and I will sorely miss it.

When you interested in, I can send you a "new" honami C6903. I have an old device. The anti shatter foil is taken off, the screen isnt responding in the middle the rest of the touchscreen is working so it's still usable for developing on it. On the Mainboard the connector for back mic and notification led is fallen off so this isn't also working. The camera is working but has also a problem with exposure (witrigs OEM replacement part). So if you interested in I can send it to you.

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017
Really sorry to hear this from you about your stolen phone and sadly for leaving the z1 developing, otherwise we has the honor to work and test custom ROM for you, about my problem in last post and the weird Fc of Easyjoin pro apk, I have changed my Se Linux state to permissive and install the easyjoin app but sadly it's still the same as before and also tryed this on another custom pie ROM also the same Fc happens every time, any idea? and thanks a lot Mr drakonizer.

alagga

Nov 27, 2012
LG G7 ThinQ
Thank you so much for this rom.
Had to switch from my Z3 (Cr6.1) to this one, as my Z3 got damaged, and this makes the Z1 even faster than the Z3.

Only thing I'm missing is a good Camera App. On Z3 I got Magisk Modules for the Sony Camera Port (including Cyberian).
Is there anything like this for the Z1 (the ports i used on Z3 dont work, i keep getting "Camera in use" error) ?

Best greets

alagga

Nov 27, 2012
LG G7 ThinQ
Since installing all apps again (restoring from TB, but without! Restoring userdata or system apps) the device got really laggy.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Attached a log, if this helps

Attachments

• 2019-02-12-20-04-50.txt
    42.6 KB · Views: 7

Jv miranda

Jan 12, 2019
hi can anyone help me how to unlock my boot loader and root my, z1 docomo variant c6093, it already have the international rom, what i cannot do is to unlock my boot loader that's why i cannot root it. thanks!

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017
hi can anyone help me how to unlock my boot loader and root my, z1 docomo variant c6093, it already have the international rom, what i cannot do is to unlock my boot loader that's why i cannot root it. thanks!
if your phone does allow to unlocking the bootloader you have to first download and install the Flashtool on your pc and from there you will find steps to do so, but before this don't forget to install your phone drivers as well as Adb, here is the link http://uploaded.net/file/dyxjjt25

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
OnePlus 9 Pro
New update pushed! OP and second post updated.

Thanks in part to @ChriChri on Discord, I have acquired another Z1 and now I'm back with new builds!

Let me know what you think!

Also, we will be going official soon! As you may already be knowing, Carbon has started rolling out official releases, and honami is among the first set of supported devices. This means we will soon have weekly updates, and more importantly DELTA updates :) Right now we're dealing with some server issues, but I will post here once the first official build is rolled out. Join our Telegram/Discord for more info and any questions.

Last edited:

thooriq222

Feb 3, 2019
Damn , it's so buttery smooth, no lags at all , I can say this is Stable
But it consume more battery , more Heat Produced , 30 min Surfing At facebook while Charging, and the battery doesn't increase at all , Another pie ROM doesn't have This Problem Even it less fluid than This ROM , Also The Kernel Doesn't Have Voltage Customization , so i think heat and battery drain Problem , because The Voltage Are untouched from The Stock,

So my question is, can I install Another Custom Kernel Instead? Because I Need The Voltage Tab to Reduce The Heat

EDIT : Flashed Xren Kernel
Undervolted by -25 for every Frequencies
Now battery Fast Drain And More Heat Problem Are gone,
This ROM is Very Good For Daily Driver

Last edited:

reza-salehi

Jul 16, 2017
Hello . The 2018.12.31 version is easy to install, but the version 2019.04.21 installs the error and error. Install the previous version and update to version 2019.04.21.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

2g9nde.jpg

What's not working:

What's buggy:
    ⚛ GPS - It has been improved since the oreo releases and Google Maps navigation works perfectly. However, some purely GPS (that don't use the internet connection for a quicker lock) based apps take a long time to get a lock.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Instructions:
    ⚛ Take a backup of your setup in case you want to return to it.
    ⚛ Perform a factory reset.
    ⚛ Install the ROM.
    ⚛ Install the C6902 modem files if you're using a C6902.
    ⚛ Reboot to the system.
    ⚛ Reboot back to the recovery and flash gapps. This is necessary because most gapps packages have a broken SetupWizard on Pie.
    ⚛ ???
    ⚛ Profit.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Download
    G-Apps
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM Opal, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    drakonizer
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/CarbonROM/android_kernel_sony_msm8974/tree/cr-7.0[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-21
    Last Updated 2019-04-21
    New build up with a bunch of changes! These include, but are not limited to:
    -> Fixed mobile data for all users. It should work perfectly now, even on C6902.
    -> Fixed NFC.
    -> GPS has been improved, much like the latest Carbon Oreo official release build.
    -> Lags and crashes have gone. The build is as stable as Oreo, in my experience.

I have added a changelog post right below the OP where newer changelogs shall henceforth be posted. I have also updated the Gapps link in the OP with official opengapps, which works perfectly, including SetupWizard. The download link in the OP will now link to my AFH folder where I will be posting newer unofficial builds as necessary.

Enjoy!
    Changelog:

20/04/2019:
    ⚛ Upstream Carbon updates (lots of new features).
    ⚛ Improved performance and battery life
    ⚛ SELinux enforcing and user build
    ⚛ Some other fixes I may have forgotten.

31/12/2018:
    ⚛ Fixed GApps lag (it's blazing fast now!)
    ⚛ SELinux enforcing
    ⚛ Fixed HW acceleration
    ⚛ Improved GPS (it's like Oreo now)
    ⚛ New fancy bootanimation!
    ⚛ More Carbon upstream updates

12/09/2018:
    ⚛ Fixed mobile data for all devices. Working perfectly now.
    ⚛ Fixed NFC
    ⚛ Improved stability and smoothness.
    ⚛ Upstream changes from CarbonBeta (read: new, shiny features. Yay!)

21/08/2018:
    ⚛ Initial release
    Hello everyone!

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the lack of communication these last few months. However, I now have a much improved build up for use!
    Changes include:
    * Fixed GApps lag (it's blazing fast now!)
    * SELinux enforcing
    * Fixed HW acceleration
    * Improved GPS (it's like Oreo now)
    * New fancy bootanimation!
    * More Carbon upstream updates (moar new features :D)
    * Others that I may have forgotten.

Offline charging seems to be broken at the moment, but I'm working on a fix for that.

Enjoy!
    New update pushed! OP and second post updated.

Thanks in part to @ChriChri on Discord, I have acquired another Z1 and now I'm back with new builds!

Let me know what you think!

Also, we will be going official soon! As you may already be knowing, Carbon has started rolling out official releases, and honami is among the first set of supported devices. This means we will soon have weekly updates, and more importantly DELTA updates :) Right now we're dealing with some server issues, but I will post here once the first official build is rolled out. Join our Telegram/Discord for more info and any questions.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone