• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0 - PIE][kenzo] LineageOS 16.0 [UNOFFICIAL][Security Patch Level - June 2020]

Search This thread

texaveryfun

Dec 28, 2012
Rethel
Thanks very much.
Installed yesterday. Very good ROM.
Minor issue for LED notifications.

Updated security patch is for me more important... :good:

thanks for the work. no led for notification and charging but it's not critical for me.

what matters to me are video recording is not working. video is stucked and microphone is not working. i've also tried cameringo app with same result. on footej app video is fine and microphone is still not working so i noticed that audio recording is not working also on stock recorder or hi-q mp3 recorder app.

any ideas?
now microphone is working. i don't know what's going on. i haven't made any changes to my phone except some apps install from play store. but video is still lagging and sometimes freezing.

i consider this as a rom's error or bug.

jimakos98

Jan 31, 2015
Drama
Just flashed this ROM, a couple of things I don't like about it: Firstly, the dark mode isn't completely working since there are some UI elements that are still white and not dark(notifications for example). Also there are no settings to change the behaviour of the hardware buttons(for example make the menu button open recents and make the recents button open something else) and I have to use a third party app for that.

pouya777

Nov 29, 2014
Not Recommended

This rom is full of bugs (LED notification, dark mode, charging problem., issue with some vpn apps like wiregaurd, etc). I recommend not to try it. The only advantage is updated security patch.

sudadeze

Mar 5, 2020
@Shrewdy Is (disk) encryption supported? Thank you!
From my experience it rarely does in these custom roms (at least in kenzo) But I am using this rom with miui encryption (and Orangefox recovery) and it works great:good:

Install latest miui for kenzo with miflash (my bootloader is officially unlocked btw and be careful in miflash default setting is to re lock it),encrypt with password(don't know with other methods) install twrp-3.2.3-0-kenzo(later versions doesn't support miui data decryption in twrp:silly:) install latest Orange Fox recovery to replace twrp, In OrangeFox wipe every partition except MicroSD and USB OTG(do not format or you will lose encryption) Install this rom and opengapps, reboot and setup, and then install magisk if you want...

Works great for ME. I do not have any charging and notification bugs and have encryption :victory: Imho this is the best and most stable still supported rom for our dying kenzo :)
Huge THANKS to Shrewdy for this rom from me:highfive:

Last edited:

onoffitalia

Jun 26, 2007
Nowhere
This rom is full of bugs (LED notification, dark mode, charging problem., issue with some vpn apps like wiregaurd, etc). I recommend not to try it. The only advantage is updated security patch.

security pach for an old mobile phone in a fluid rom, that is exaclty what i am looking for...I really like this rom, i don't find bugs for my use of this phone, it is perfect like it is ... I hope Shrewdy will find a way to update it soon!

Reactions: Shrewdy

Shrewdy

Any good news on this rom updatw @Shrewdy? Really wish an update... This ROM is my daily driver too... :good:

Hi ... i am extremely sorry ... i tried to build it several times but i keep getting the build issue ... the issue is inconsistent too ... sometimes i get it as soon as i start building ... sometimes i get it when the build is around at 15% and sometimes at around 30% ...
but i will keep trying ... and will update the thread when successful ... really sorry !

Reactions: arfan_lg

qwertz.qw1

Jan 14, 2020
Hi ... i am extremely sorry ... i tried to build it several times but i keep getting the build issue ... the issue is inconsistent too ... sometimes i get it as soon as i start building ... sometimes i get it when the build is around at 15% and sometimes at around 30% ...
but i will keep trying ... and will update the thread when successful ... really sorry !

Dont feel sorry mate, you are doing great! :good:

Reactions: Shrewdy

marior3000

Jul 12, 2019
Camera not working

Hey friends,

I have updated the ROM to latest security patch (Mar, 2020). And I am really sorry to all my friends to keep them waiting for the update.
I will now download myself and flash it :)

Thanks

Hey Shrewdy,
In your latest build camera is not working, not even the flashlight. Any way I can solve it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php

So, here is yet another thread for Lineage OS 16.0
    I had been compiling this ROM for my personal use, but thought that I can share this with the community.

Description: This ROM is pure Lineage OS 16.0 as is without any changes done by me. And this simply means that I do know how to compile this ROM, but that's about it. I do not know how to add features to ROM's and hence please don't request me to add any features as such.

I am not a developer, so if you find any issues with the ROM then you will probably have to live with them (if you want to stay on this ROM) until LOS rectifies it and then I can offer a new build.
    I have been using the ROM all the time and not faced much problems. I think it is stable enough and has been my daily driver for around 3 months now.

Download link is in the 2nd Post

Here's what's working:
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • VoLTE
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Hotspot

Selinux status - permissive

Flashing Instructions :
    If flashing this ROM for the first time:
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Make a backup of your existing ROM
    • Factory reset (Clean Dalvik, Cache, Data and System partitions)
    • Flash the latest build and then GApps
    • Reboot

If dirty flashing (over existing LOS 16.0)
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Make a backup of your existing ROM
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Credits:
    All the credits go to
    1. @Aadii (who helped me compile this rom and teach me other things as well)
    2. @AmolAmrit for his amazing source
    3. And the wonderful XDA community.

ROM Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Lineage OS 16.0 - Change Log

Changelog and Download links:

Build Date: 10th-Jun-2020
    Changelog:
    • Synced with the latest sources from LOS
    • Updated ROM to June 2020 Security Patch
    Download Link: lineage-16.0-20200610-UNOFFICIAL-kenzo.zip

---------------------------------------------------------------

Build Date: 16th-Jan-2020
    Changelog:
    • Updated ROM to Jan 2020 Security Patch
    Download Link: lineage-16.0-20200116-UNOFFICIAL-kenzo.zip

Build Date: 12th-Dec-2019
    Changelog:
    • Updated ROM to Dec 2019 Security Patch
    Download Link: lineage-16.0-20191212-UNOFFICIAL-kenzo.zip

Build Date: 12th-Nov-2019
    Changelog:
    • Updated ROM to Nov 2019 Security Patch
    Download Link: lineage-16.0-20191112-UNOFFICIAL-kenzo.zip
    Hi friends,

I am glad we have a June security patch update. The latest build has been uploaded and you can download it from this link.

lineage-16.0-20200610-UNOFFICIAL-kenzo.zip
    Hey Guys,

I have updated the ROM to latest security patch (Dec, 2019). But I have not flashed it yet myself.
    Let me know if things went smoothly, If you flash it before I do!

Hey friends,

I have updated the ROM to latest security patch (Jan, 2020). I have yet to flash it on my device.
    Let me know if things went smoothly, If you flash it before I do!