• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][Tiffany] Pixel Experience [AOSP/CAF][r35][2019/04/05]

Search This thread

Gomo

May 20, 2006
This is because you are not using the correct modem. Just extract it from A1 latest official rom, then "ok google" , facebook calls and shazam will pick sounds from your microphone, had this priblem fixed this way.

Here's the link https://en.miui.com/getrom-333.html

Hello, if I was using the wrong modem wouldn't it mean no mobile would work at all? I will try shazam and report back my findings shortly '

The link you provided is an entire rom, so do I just extract the modem itself inside the zip? is it actually called modem.img?

Thanks for your help

***Edit**

Okay So I downloaded that MiA1 Rom, extracted it and found the modem.img file,

I compared it to the one I had already previously used and it's exactly the same file,

84.0 MB (88,080,384 bytes)

Just about to try out Facebook Chat & Shazam now see what they both do

Alright Test completed :)

Shazam with no headphones plugged into my phone resulted in no results.. as soon as I plugged in headphones I got a result straight away

Facebook Chat, I tested with my wife who originally could not hear anything I said, then I tried with the headphones and she could hear me straight away..

Ahh this is rather annoying ! first I thought it was just google not working now its across the board ! :/

I will now flash that other modem file anyway to see if it fixes anything but pretty sure they're both the same files < No Luck with that one.. still same result..

I've just recorded a video and can hear myself speaking loud and clearly on it so the mic is working just not with all the other apps.. permissions are enabled

** Update **

Not sure what is going on here, but I decided to wipe the device and flashed a stock linage 16 ROM, booted fine I installed shazam first up and guess what.. no results until I plug my headphones in.. I'm pretty lost here :( any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Just restored back to the Pixel rom, I'll just stay put on it, It works just has issues with Facebook chat with audio calls,

I can use it for normal phone calls etc, but this will eventually annoy me lol

Last edited:

xhxing

Feb 15, 2019
Hello, if I was using the wrong modem wouldn't it mean no mobile would work at all? I will try shazam and report back my findings shortly '

The link you provided is an entire rom, so do I just extract the modem itself inside the zip? is it actually called modem.img?

Thanks for your help

***Edit**

Okay So I downloaded that MiA1 Rom, extracted it and found the modem.img file,

I compared it to the one I had already previously used and it's exactly the same file,

Just about to try out Facebook Chat & Shazam now see what they both do

Alright Test completed :)

Shazam with no headphones plugged into my phone resulted in no results.. as soon as I plugged in headphones I got a result straight away

Facebook Chat, I tested with my wife who originally could not hear anything I said, then I tried with the headphones and she could hear me straight away..

Ahh this is rather annoying ! first I thought it was just google not working now its across the board ! :/

I will now flash that other modem file anyway to see if it fixes anything but pretty sure they're both the same files < No Luck with that one.. still same result..

I've just recorded a video and can hear myself speaking loud and clearly on it so the mic is working just not with all the other apps.. permissions are enabled

** Update **

Not sure what is going on here, but I decided to wipe the device and flashed a stock linage 16 ROM, booted fine I installed shazam first up and guess what.. no results until I plug my headphones in.. I'm pretty lost here :( any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Just restored back to the Pixel rom, I'll just stay put on it, It works just has issues with Facebook chat with audio calls,

I can use it for normal phone calls etc, but this will eventually annoy me lol
我传一个给你,你应该用小米5x的官包里的

Gomo

May 20, 2006
Mi5x official bag? What's that? If you can think of anything I can try please let me know

Gomo

May 20, 2006
Hi, thanks but this modem is the same size as I have previously linked to,

Regardless I flashed it and will report back shortly..

Edit, Flashed this modem with the same procedure I did multiple times however it's now stopped my phone from booting.. I flashed the Modem via TWRP so not sure what's going on..

I'll restore from a previous backup now, I'm still not sure how your modem.img file is any different as it matches up same size..

I found this thread which has all the latest modem files from the MiA1 Rom, I grabbed the latest (April)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a1/themes/twrp-baseband-modem-april-stock-rom-t3777901

Flashed the modem file via fastboot just tried using Ok Google and no luck.. using headphones works perfect..

Gathering information from a previous member who suggested my problems are all related to a simple modem configuration I'm still stuck for ideas!

Last edited:

Gomo

May 20, 2006
I've been reading through that other thread that is pretty huge and seeing along the way other members have had the exact same issue, so I guess that answers my question the modem.img can impact services such as "OK Google"

I will try and flash your modem file a second time and see if it works.. can I ask what you modify to the modem.img?

**Update**

I thought I lost my phone for a minute! I got adventurous and decided to try and flash a MIUI Rom tissot_images_V10.0.4.0.PDHMIXM_20190104.0000.00_9.0_2cee840c96.tgz

This resulted in a hard brick, I had a device with no screen ! I could get it into recovery and fastboot flash files to it but no screen!

I ended up using MiFlash and had to remove the back cover to get into service mode using the two pins to short, once done I flashed the original China Rom
tissot_images_V10.0.4.0.PDHMIXM_9.0

This worked the device was alive again! Wahoo! now once I was up running again I flashed a custom recovery [TWRP]
Booted the phone into recovery and started to restore a backup from the SD Card, looking good at this stage..

Phone tells me all restored so I reboot.. I get the same black screen just like last time and nothing is working..
I short the test points again and flash the China rom AGAIN..

Phone boots it's up and running again, I'm abit lost as to what is going on here, maybe it's because it's a PIE Rom? I'm not sure.. eitherway my device seems to no longer run any custom roms...

Currently about to flash xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5X_9.4.25_v10-8.1.zip

Bit lost! Sorry for a long post, all this trouble just because my Ok Google wasn't working

Edit**

Went out and purchased a Nokia 6.1 Android One for the time being :)

Last edited:

xhxing

Feb 15, 2019
MTP or USB connection not work but charging the phone
I try 2 Cable but none work
I also try so many methods around Fixing problem but none work
Do you know what is the problem?

你没下拉选择吧,要选择一下的,我们的正常,可以mtp,就是锁屏后有时开锁屏幕会没有任何反应

Reactions: AKMyo

Yogafatrendra

May 20, 2019
Bug

There is a bug in pixel experience rom for tiffany, when plug my phone into my pc, option to choose usb mass storage won't come out then i can't transfer data from my phone to pc using usb cable. Then, i use the previous pixel rom the option work well, with the latest pixel rom version not working well

Tomsdev

Aug 10, 2010
Same here, with 2019/04/05 ROM the phone can not be detected by the computer (doesnt show up in lsusb), so can not transfer files nor use usb debugging.

Allanjpa

Oct 3, 2017
???

Sent from my MI 6X using Tapatalk

Pipipi, good afternoon. My name is Alan and I'm from Brazil. The Mi5x is a handset that was made for users in China and Asia, and not for Brazilians, because it does not have a global version. Because of this, we have very little information about it in Brazil. I came across a lot of search for your post. I already did root, bootloader unlock and I currently use miui.eu, Android 8.1 I saw in your post that it is possible to put in firmware Android 9, and also put the experience pixel to be able to use GCAM in full. I know how to install ISO ROMs via twrp and .tgz ROMs via flash, but I do not know which is the most correct procedure to download the pixel experience 9.0, on 05/21, at the pixel site. you could kindly teach step by step what needs to be done to get Android 9 on Mi5x and install the pixel experience 9.0? Please do not ignore this POST. thousands of users need to know this information

andrew0x0

Jun 16, 2019
Pipipi, good afternoon. My name is Alan and I'm from Brazil. The Mi5x is a handset that was made for users in China and Asia, and not for Brazilians, because it does not have a global version. Because of this, we have very little information about it in Brazil. I came across a lot of search for your post. I already did root, bootloader unlock and I currently use miui.eu, Android 8.1 I saw in your post that it is possible to put in firmware Android 9, and also put the experience pixel to be able to use GCAM in full. I know how to install ISO ROMs via twrp and .tgz ROMs via flash, but I do not know which is the most correct procedure to download the pixel experience 9.0, on 05/21, at the pixel site. you could kindly teach step by step what needs to be done to get Android 9 on Mi5x and install the pixel experience 9.0? Please do not ignore this POST. thousands of users need to know this information
It's seem u want to update android 8.1 to android 9 , i forgot the details, but backup your data, then u can try to fastboot flash twrp with p verison then zip flash by twrp. i had try it and work now.

Last edited:

skamus

Jul 20, 2010
Did the google assistant issue ever get solved? I just installed the latest CAF version and voice commands for google assistant still don't work.

If anyone has any new information, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

xavys

Jan 2, 2010
Hi,

For those with problems:
- Black screen: Flash tz.img
- Constant reboots on Android 9 images: Flash modem.img
- Need twrp recovery: Flash recovery.img

My only issue (very important one) after all the available fixes are applied, is that whenever i flash ANY pie room, i have no sound in calls.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au5Rwq1NRAw9bM8iEAPB8mzPX24?e=2tzd4K

If anyone can find the solution i would be very grateful.

Top Liked Posts