NurKeinNeid

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2014
Berlin
LG Nexus 5X
Nextbit Robin
url]

Code:
[B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****

NOTE: I allow off topics in my thread. I'm also open for any fun. Discussion about ROMs is permitted as far suggestions. However what isn't tolerated is belittling of devs and or their work. Thank you. :)
[/CENTER][/B]
AOSiP - DerpFest
About us:
Derpfest is an UNOFFICIAL, heavily customized build of AOSiP. It uses a base of AOSiP and adds features that AOSiP doesnt have.
note: AOSiP and DerpFest teams are in no way related.
Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Shreesha Murthy
Brett Montague (gtpitch)
Sri Harsha

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

DOWNLOADS <-- click here

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google
Dirty Unicorns
AICP
ABC Rom
Screwd
Omni
Krexus
Cyanogenmod
SlimRoms
ChainFire (SuperSU)
Beanstown106
Cory Collins
Sultanxda
flar2
francisofranco
---------
Any others i may have forgotten(sorry, pls pm me)
All our testers

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSiP DerpFest, ROM for the Nextbit Robin

Contributors
@NurKeinNeid
Source Code:
https://github.com/AOSIP
https://github.com/DerpFest-Pie
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.108

Version Information

Created 2017-12-23
Last Updated 2020-01-11

Last edited:

NurKeinNeid

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2014
Berlin
LG Nexus 5X
Nextbit Robin
Current Features:

Full rootless Substratum support is in rom

StatusBar:
Custom carrier label
Configure status bar icons
Custom Status bar icon
Net traffic activity meter

Quick Settings:
Quick pulldown
Brightnes slider
brightness mode switch
scroll small QS tiles

Notifications:
Battery LED custimization
Heads up
Ticker

Hardware Buttons:
Advanced reboot menu
Backlight options
Swap buttons
Notification slider customization

Recents:
Clear all button/location

Lockscreen:
Lockscreen shortcuts
Charging info
Media cover art
Fingerprint authentication vibration

Gestures:
Double tap to sleep ( Lockscreen/Status bar)
Three finger screenshot

A bit of misc things as well flash and see

Last edited:
Reactions: pixLzd and VenomMOD

NurKeinNeid

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2014
Berlin
LG Nexus 5X
Nextbit Robin
Changelog:

2018-07-18
-July maintenance update

2018-06-10
-Built with SDClang 4.0 and O3 flag
-June security patch level
-ROM Changelog: https://review.aosiprom.com/#/q/status:merged+since:2018-05-31+until:2018-06-10

2018-05-31
-ROM Changelog: https://review.aosiprom.com/#/q/status:merged+since:2018-05-10+until:2018-05-31
-Switched to back to latest LOS device source
-Updatet the integrated Pop-kernel with the latest changes by LOS

2018-05-11
-May security patch level
-ROM Changelog: https://review.aosiprom.com/#/q/status:merged+since:2018-05-05+until:2018-05-10

2018-05-06
-ROM Changelog: https://review.aosiprom.com/#/q/status:merged+since:2018-04-08+until:2018-05-05
-Switched to device tree by @shunjou (thanks for sharing :)
-Switched to Pop-Kernel (thanks to @linckandrea - great work as always :)
-core_ctl disabled in Pop-Kernel defconfig

2018-04-08
-Merged Android 8.1.0_r20
-Merged April Security Patch
-Update OMS stuff
-much more...
-Latest LOS kernel, device and vendor blobs as of 04.08.18, 17.00 CET

2018-03-30
-Initial Oreo Release
-Latest LOS kernel, device and vendor blobs as of 03.30.18, 08.00 CET

Last edited:

demeez

Jan 4, 2014
Montreal
I've been running the 6.3 version you posted last week, is there a big difference between the two? And if so can I dirty flash this one over it or would it need to be a clean flash since it's using a different kernel?

NurKeinNeid

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2014
Berlin
LG Nexus 5X
Nextbit Robin
I've been running the 6.3 version you posted last week, is there a big difference between the two? And if so can I dirty flash this one over it or would it need to be a clean flash since it's using a different kernel?

No, there are no big differences. I only made the same device tree and kernel changes now as with my xenon builds. I personally always do a clean flash to be sure. You should only flash the new build if you want to use my kernel. If you use the pop kernel I would even stay on the 1217 build. That is also a good choice.

PS: for nougat there will be no updates from the aosip team. I will try to maintain aosip for oreo too. In addition, in the next few days until New Year I will post more other nougat rom builds.

Last edited:
Reactions: pixLzd

WoodenMind

Sep 22, 2016
Massachusetts
Thanks for this build, other than the Bluetooth FC on startup the only other issues I found are:

1. Security is only September 2017 which I believe means it's still vulnerable to KRACK.
2. If you turn off the screen with the power button the fingerprint sensor is activated immediately and unlocks again. I don't remember this happening with XenonHD so must be a ROM not a kernel issue.

Now I have to give your new Slim7 build a try too :)

Reactions: NurKeinNeid

NurKeinNeid

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2014
Berlin
LG Nexus 5X
Nextbit Robin
Thanks for this build, other than the Bluetooth FC on startup the only other issues I found are:

1. Security is only September 2017 which I believe means it's still vulnerable to KRACK.
2. If you turn off the screen with the power button the fingerprint sensor is activated immediately and unlocks again. I don't remember this happening with XenonHD so must be a ROM not a kernel issue.

Yes, aosip is still at the September security patch level. Unfortunately nothing will change, because the team is now fully focused on Oreo. Also the Bluetooth FC will not be fixed anymore. I found out that Akhil broke the BT stack somewhere in September. Regarding the fingerprint issue, you are probably right, I do not use the fingerprint sensor, but I think I read something in the aosip chat. Thank you for your hint. :good: :)

I can also give a status message about the process of building more roms for our Robin. In the last few days, I have been trying hard to build almost everything that exists. Unfortunately I have too little RAM for Gzosp based ROMs (Tesla, Validus). If someone has a PC with 8gb of memory and knows the basics for building, dont hesitate to contact me. I can describe how to fix all build errors. Then there were still some roms, whose source code is not buildable, because something in the rom source is broken or there were sync errors. For example ViperOs, Desolation or OwnRom. And some roms are not allowed to share on XDA, like Reaper, DU or BrokenOs. I'm personally very interested in Reaper OS and have been working on it for a long time. Everything works except telephony. I just wanted to say as long as my Robin lives, I will always try to provide our forum with cool roms. Unfortunately I still lack a lot of knowledge for an Oreo bringup. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NurKeinNeid

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2014
Berlin
LG Nexus 5X
Nextbit Robin
If anyone has noticed, I have some AOSiP Oreo builds on my Google drive. Feel free to test it, but may be things do not work on some builds. Like LOS this is all experimental. I'll post here a build only if i find it good enough that I would use it myself. Then I will also update the thread because I would like to support AOSiP in the future.

I have also not forgotten RR. Unfortunately, there are still big problems with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****

NOTE: I allow off topics in my thread. I'm also open for any fun. Discussion about ROMs is permitted as far suggestions. However what isn't tolerated is belittling of devs and or their work. Thank you. :)
    [/CENTER][/B]
    AOSiP - DerpFest
    About us:
    Derpfest is an UNOFFICIAL, heavily customized build of AOSiP. It uses a base of AOSiP and adds features that AOSiP doesnt have.
    note: AOSiP and DerpFest teams are in no way related.
    Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Shreesha Murthy
    Brett Montague (gtpitch)
    Sri Harsha

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

DOWNLOADS <-- click here

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google
    Dirty Unicorns
    AICP
    ABC Rom
    Screwd
    Omni
    Krexus
    Cyanogenmod
    SlimRoms
    ChainFire (SuperSU)
    Beanstown106
    Cory Collins
    Sultanxda
    flar2
    francisofranco
    ---------
    Any others i may have forgotten(sorry, pls pm me)
    All our testers

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSiP DerpFest, ROM for the Nextbit Robin

Contributors
    @NurKeinNeid
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/AOSIP
    https://github.com/DerpFest-Pie
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.108

Version Information

Created 2017-12-23
    Last Updated 2020-01-11
    Update Time! :fingers-crossed:

AOSiP-8.1-Derp-ether-20180506

2018-05-06
    -ROM Changelog: https://review.aosiprom.com/#/q/status:merged+since:2018-04-08+until:2018-05-05
    -Switched to device tree by @shunjou (thanks for sharing :)
    -Switched to Pop-Kernel (thanks to @linckandrea - great work as always :)
    -core_ctl disabled in Pop-Kernel defconfig

Enjoy it!

Yes, aosip is still at the September security patch level. Unfortunately nothing will change, because the team is now fully focused on Oreo. Also the Bluetooth FC will not be fixed anymore. I found out that Akhil broke the BT stack somewhere in September. Regarding the fingerprint issue, you are probably right, I do not use the fingerprint sensor, but I think I read something in the aosip chat. Thank you for your hint. :good: :)

I can also give a status message about the process of building more roms for our Robin. In the last few days, I have been trying hard to build almost everything that exists. Unfortunately I have too little RAM for Gzosp based ROMs (Tesla, Validus). If someone has a PC with 8gb of memory and knows the basics for building, dont hesitate to contact me. I can describe how to fix all build errors. Then there were still some roms, whose source code is not buildable, because something in the rom source is broken or there were sync errors. For example ViperOs, Desolation or OwnRom. And some roms are not allowed to share on XDA, like Reaper, DU or BrokenOs. I'm personally very interested in Reaper OS and have been working on it for a long time. Everything works except telephony. I just wanted to say as long as my Robin lives, I will always try to provide our forum with cool roms. Unfortunately I still lack a lot of knowledge for an Oreo bringup. :rolleyes:
    If anyone has noticed, I have some AOSiP Oreo builds on my Google drive. Feel free to test it, but may be things do not work on some builds. Like LOS this is all experimental. I'll post here a build only if i find it good enough that I would use it myself. Then I will also update the thread because I would like to support AOSiP in the future.

I have also not forgotten RR. Unfortunately, there are still big problems with it.
    Update Time! :fingers-crossed:

AOSiP-8.1-Derp-ether-20180330

2018-03-30
    -Initial Oreo Release
    -Latest LOS kernel, device and vendor blobs as of 03.30.18, 08.00 CET

Enjoy it!