• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL]crDroidAndroid v5.11[Pioneer]

Search This thread

SGS3_0

Mar 17, 2014
Megastructure

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png
Code:
[SIZE="4"]/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */[/SIZE]
Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD:
ROM -Google Drive
ROM -Mega
TWRP
GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Sony Xperia XA2, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device(sd-card)
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
5) Reboot into Recovery again
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
LIST-KNOWN-ISSUES-ON-YOUR-DEVICE-HERE

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL]crDroidAndroid v5.11[Pioneer], ROM for the Sony Xperia XA2

Contributors
SGS3_0
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-01-27
Last Updated 2020-03-05

SGS3_0

Mar 17, 2014
Megastructure
I hope what created is right topic =)
For dual sim - u should have the stock rom is 1'st installed, there both sim are working. Coz cRDr rom have no "sony modem switcher" & modem configs. Use the stock rom for switch & configure modem.
Before install gapps or twrp or something else(magisk for example) from twrp-zip u have to reboot in twrp again after install rom. It needs for A/B slot switching.
Great thanks LuK1337 for his hard working at LOS! :good:

Last edited:

thesdsa

Sep 21, 2016
Hey, I just got back into rooting phones again (after a few years back last time when I rooted my Sony Xperia Z2), can you or anyone give me an easy to follow instructions on how to install this custom rom or any other rom? (I'm still confused about A/B slots thingy, and also like does it reboot automatically after flashing zip file even though I know that you can go "back" to flash another zip file? or maybe I just wrong about this.)

I don't know, I'm afraid of getting risk bricking my phone without following instructions...

poloniumon

Apr 1, 2019
hey, im having a problem, the phone boots normaly. except in the google setup screen where you select a language, when i select one it freezes on just a sec..

cojocar.andrei

May 29, 2008
Will be updated soon.
I smashed up display. New one will come from China about couple weeks. When i fix my XA2, then i can testing new builds and releases it.
Thanks, I've built my own crDroid 5.7 image after all and it works without a glich, no more bugs... I want to bring some improvements to the kernel and after that I'll bring up my own thread. Thanks!

Reactions: Kiruasan

mjaxa

Nov 7, 2008
Hi!
Any particular reason wht this rom replaces TWRP with LineageOS recovery? For some reason the Lineage does not want to install gapps for me.. ?

mjaxa

Nov 7, 2008
Thanks! I prefer TWRP, and now i got it.
BIG THANKS for this ROM. It really fits this phone much better than stock. And the only thing i cannot get past is the google pay.. tried different things, but it didn't work. No biggie though :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png
    Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]
    Features
    Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD:
    ROM -Google Drive
    ROM -Mega
    TWRP
    GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Sony Xperia XA2, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device(sd-card)
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Reboot into Recovery again
    8) Flash gapps
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    LIST-KNOWN-ISSUES-ON-YOUR-DEVICE-HERE

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL]crDroidAndroid v5.11[Pioneer], ROM for the Sony Xperia XA2

Contributors
    SGS3_0
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-01-27
    Last Updated 2020-03-05
    Will be updated soon.
    I smashed up display. New one will come from China about couple weeks. When i fix my XA2, then i can testing new builds and releases it.
    Will be updated soon.
    Thanks, I've built my own crDroid 5.7 image after all and it works without a glich, no more bugs... I want to bring some improvements to the kernel and after that I'll bring up my own thread. Thanks!
    As I understand it, this may be due to sepolicy rules. Try checking out LOS16 and checking it out. If your applications do not work as well as you want, then let's ask Luk: what's wrong? bcoz cRDroidr ~ 90% is LoS ... but in the "device tree" there is nothing that can do...
    I can’t see (even the signature of the device corresponds to that)
    If in da LOS16 ur apps works well... we try to fix it, ok?
    Wifi works on 5.11 user build, so some commit probably fixed it. The conclusion is that if your banking app does not work with the default userdebug builds, you must try with an user build. ING banking app works only on user builds... Thanks again!
    Sorry, but I'm building only userdebug (for debug, and take a logs)... emmm, anyone alse is need an user build?
    Thanks, no problem, I'm doing the builds myself now, I was just saying that if someone encounter situations where banking app does not work, that someone must try an user build, probably I'll release some of them after I succeed in doing the changes that I work on...