[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] [G800H] LineageOS 16.0 [07-11-2020]

Search This thread

isbon

Oct 20, 2019
when complete flash rom and After the logo for a few minutes back to recovery !!!! whey ?

when flash rom is complete and after the logo for a few minutes returns to recovery ...
I don't know what's up, any idea?

Hi, I re-downloaded and tested the rom from the link just to be sure but I did not face any issues and it booted up fine. Just make sure you did a clean wipe or format data in the twrp (if coming from stock). Also the rom was only tested on the Duos G800H variant and not the Single Sim G800HQ variant. It would be appreciated if you could send me a log in pm or on the telegram group (link in op). And also if you have the Single Sim G800HQ variant then contact me. Regards.

Reactions: curiousrom

andres0185

Nov 8, 2020
when flash rom is complete and after the logo for a few minutes returns to recovery ...

download and install the twrp again and now if I start normally, it seems the problem was the twrp that maybe it downloaded with some error the first time I will try and leave impressions and errors if I find any thanks for keeping these old but faithful devices alive .. Greetings and continue with such excellent work, thank you for your valuable collaboration:good::good::good:

GapeHorn

Nov 17, 2020
flash the rom, seems to be working. newer version fixed the broken backwards button.

ir blaster doesnt seem to work. triple multiple different apps that work on my other phone. cant seem use it as a universal remote

ZINHAR

May 5, 2017
Tehran
Hi, I re-downloaded and tested the rom from the link just to be sure but I did not face any issues and it booted up fine. Just make sure you did a clean wipe or format data in the twrp (if coming from stock). Also the rom was only tested on the Duos G800H variant and not the Single Sim G800HQ variant. It would be appreciated if you could send me a log in pm or on the telegram group (link in op). And also if you have the Single Sim G800HQ variant then contact me. Regards.
Works perfectly on my G800H Single SIM, using the new TWRP 3.4.0. Thank you so much for this great rom!!

joaquimds

Jan 17, 2010
This rom is amazing! It's like getting a brand new phone!

I had a bit of trouble installing because I didn't have up to date firmware. For others in my position, you'll need to:

1. Install Odin v3.09
2. Find out the model + region of your phone. You can get this using the IMEI number, which is printed underneath the removable battery. Enter this number here, and click through to SN/Warrenty/Carrier to find the CSC (mine was XFE)
3. Download the latest firmware from here
4. Meanwhile, boot your phone into Odin mode, by holding down home + power + volume down at the same time until the first buzz. You should get to a screen that says "Downloading..."
5. Extract the firmware zip, then use Odin to install it onto your phone - run the Odin program, then plug your phone into the USB slot. It should appear as COMX in a bar near the top. Don't change any of the default options. Match the 4 files in the ZIP to the BL/AP/CP/CSC buttons. If you just have one file, this goes in the AP slot.
6. Click "Start" and wait for the installation to complete and the phone to reboot.
7. In the meantime, download TWRP .tar from here
8. Once your phone is on, turn it off again and boot back into Odin mode. Add the TWRP .tar.md5 file into the AP slot. For me, the md5 hash failed, but I YOLO'd and renamed .tar.md5 to .tar and it worked fine.
9. Once this is done, boot into recovery by holding down home + power + volume up at the same time.
10. Wipe everything except external SD and the USB one (through advanced wipe).
11. Ensure your phone is plugged in, and copy across the TWRP 3.3.1 zip, the LineageOS zip, and the GApps zip onto the phone. (The GApps I used was ARM 9.0 mini)
11. Flash the recovery zip and reboot into recovery.
12. Flash LineageOS and GApps together in that order. You should be done!

P.S. @isbon can I donate some money to you to say thanks?

EDIT: The mobile internet didn't work on the first install. I repeated the install from step 5, and didn't turn on WiFi at all throughout the whole process. It worked second time round... :)

Last edited:

Hardtec

Nov 5, 2018
LineageOS 16.0 for S5 Mini G800H

DO NOT FLASH IT ON EXYNOS VARIANT G800F/M/Y OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Working:
  • Wifi
  • Sound
  • MTP
  • Video Playback
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
  • Sensors
  • Buttons and their backlight
  • SELinux
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi HotSpot
  • Camera
  • GPS

Not Working:
  • you tell

Requirements:
- latest marshmallow firmware
- TWRP
- a rooted S5 Mini G800H

Downloads:
ROM: GDrive
Recovery: GDrive

Instructions:
-Flash the twrp zip from the downloads
-reboot to recovery
-wipe everything but microsd card
-install ROM
-optional, install opengapps nano or pico
Reboot!

Telegram Group : link

Credits and thanks:
LineageOS
Alastor89 and Thargorsson
Jackeagel
AlaskaLinuxUser
Samsung
anyone else I forgot

Changelog:
Code:
[B]07.11.2020[/B]
Fixed sensors, again
Fixed GPS
[B]27.10.2020[/B]
Fixed offline charging
Fixed earpiece
Fixed capacitive buttons
Switched CPU governor to interactive
Synced with latest lineage source
October security patch
Switched to official LOS MSM8226 kernel
Switched to official LOS MSM8226-COMMON device tree
Stability and performance improvements
[B]07.03.2020[/B]
Fixed Bluetooth FC
Fixed sepolicy permissions for sensors
[B]06.03.2020[/B]
Initial Alpha release

Source:
Code:
[url=https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_msm8226]kernel[/url]
[url=https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8226-common]common[/url] [B]WIP[/B]
[url=https://github.com/S3NEO/android_device_samsung_kmini3g]device[/url] [B]WIP[/B]
[url=https://github.com/S3NEO/android_vendor_samsung_kmini3g]vendor[/url] [B]WIP[/B]

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS kmini3g, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
isbon, Alastor89, Thargorsson
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta
Beta Release Date: 2020-03-06

Created 2020-03-05

Last Updated 2020-11-07

Excellent Rom !! .. one of the best I've tested ..
Little problems ...

Infrared (IR) does not work

Bluetooth needs third-party App's to pair with another device ...

Could we solve these Bugs ?? !!

Thank you very much for your attention !!

Mar 27, 2019
Hi
first of all thanks for providing this ROM.

But:
I can not get mobile data (transfer of data without WLAN but with mobile connection) to work.
I installed the ROM in several in different ways:
  • enabling/disabling WLAN in the installation process
  • switching on/off the mobile data connection of my first mobile-card
  • switching on/off the mobile data connection of my second mobile-card
  • rebooting and changing the setup for mobile-cards later
There is no way how I can get mobile data to work. In the browser I get the error:
net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED

By the way:
  • Using the WLAN works perfectly. So there does not seem to be any basic problem with connecting to the internet
  • a similar behavior has already been reported by joaquimds
    but somehow he got it resolved: What did he do to overcome it?
  • I am using a Samsung G800H Galaxy S5 mini DuoS 16GB, SM-G800H/DS
  • I am using the ROM lineage-16.0-20201107-UNOFFICIAL-kmini3g.zip
Any advice/help is warmly welcomed!

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019
after some more hours of testing ...

I played around with the SIM-cards:
Putting in a single SIM card, LineageOS asks "SIM Cards have changed" and a window appears "would you like to actualize your SIM cards". Then click on "yes"

• Slot 1 with German SIM Card (and Slot 2 empty) and with GSM/WCDMA/LTE and with Roaming:
    works perfectly
  • Slot 1 with Swiss SIM Card (and Slot 2 empty) and with preferred GSM/WCDMA (and with Roaming):
    does not work
  • Slot 1 with Swiss SIM Card (and Slot 2 empty) and with preferred LTE (and with Roaming):
    does not work
  • Slot 1 with Swiss SIM Card (and Slot 2 empty) and with preferred GSM/WCDMA/LTE (and with Roaming): does not work
  • Slot 1 with German SIM Card (and Slot 2 with Swiss SIM Card) and with GSM/WCDMA/LTE and with Roaming: German SIM Card works for phone calls and mobile data;
    Swiss SIM Card does not allow phone calls nor mobile data. Changing the SIM card option for prefered SIM card and changing back to the initial setting the mobile data of the German SIM card does not work anymore.
  • Slot 1 with Swiss SIM Card (and Slot 2 with German SIM Card) and with GSM/WCDMA/LTE and with Roaming:
    Swiss SIM Card allows only phones and no mobile data; German SIM card does only allow phone calls and not mobile data.
I am pretty sure that this is a bug.

Mar 27, 2019
After some more days of testing:

There seems to be two problems that interfere with each other

1. APN-data of telecom provider
After contacting my Swiss he gave me the tip to manually configure the APN-data.
You can do this in LineageOS (my phone language is german, so the menu names might differ a bit) in :
setting -> network & internet -> mobile network -> then choose the SIM -> Extended settings -> APNs -> specify a new APN with "+"
Then mobile data is working

2. Setup of the second SIM card slot:
The second SIM-card slot does not work for mobile data. Both cards work perfectly with mobile data on the first slot but both SIM card do not connect to mobile data if they are put in the second SIM-slot.

Additionally:
- If I am in Switzerland and if the Swiss SIM card is on the second slot, it does not connect to mobile phone calls
- If I am in Germany and if the Swiss SIM card is on the second slot, it connects to mobile phone calls

Additionally, for 1. and for 2.:
It takes quite long (ca. one minute) until the phone connections are correctly established with the telecom providers.

I guess that the initialization procedure for the second SIM card slot has some bug.
The first bug/problem is solved but the second persists.

Any advice/help is warmly welcomed!

andres0185

Nov 8, 2020
  • Brother greetings and blessings I hope you are doing your best ... I am writing to you to know if it will still continue to work on this wonderful software, I really hope so, since I love this device and I would not like to leave it I hope a prompt update ... .. please don't abandon us .... greetings to all the XDA team​

Reactions: holavilla

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 16.0 for S5 Mini G800H

DO NOT FLASH IT ON EXYNOS VARIANT G800F/M/Y OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Working:
    • Wifi
    • Sound
    • MTP
    • Video Playback
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    • Sensors
    • Buttons and their backlight
    • SELinux
    • Bluetooth
    • Wifi HotSpot
    • Camera
    • GPS

Not Working:
    • you tell

Requirements:
    - latest marshmallow firmware
    - TWRP
    - a rooted S5 Mini G800H

Downloads:
    ROM: GDrive
    Recovery: GDrive

Instructions:
    -Flash the twrp zip from the downloads
    -reboot to recovery
    -wipe everything but microsd card
    -install ROM
    -optional, install opengapps nano or pico
    Reboot!

Telegram Group : link

Credits and thanks:
    LineageOS
    Alastor89 and Thargorsson
    Jackeagel
    AlaskaLinuxUser
    Samsung
    anyone else I forgot

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]07.11.2020[/B]
    Fixed sensors, again
    Fixed GPS
    [B]27.10.2020[/B]
    Fixed offline charging
    Fixed earpiece
    Fixed capacitive buttons
    Switched CPU governor to interactive
    Synced with latest lineage source
    October security patch
    Switched to official LOS MSM8226 kernel
    Switched to official LOS MSM8226-COMMON device tree
    Stability and performance improvements
    [B]07.03.2020[/B]
    Fixed Bluetooth FC
    Fixed sepolicy permissions for sensors
    [B]06.03.2020[/B]
    Initial Alpha release

Source:
    Code:
    [url=https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_msm8226]kernel[/url]
    [url=https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8226-common]common[/url] [B]WIP[/B]
    [url=https://github.com/S3NEO/android_device_samsung_kmini3g]device[/url] [B]WIP[/B]
    [url=https://github.com/S3NEO/android_vendor_samsung_kmini3g]vendor[/url] [B]WIP[/B]

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS kmini3g, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    isbon, Alastor89, Thargorsson
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2020-03-06

Created 2020-03-05

Last Updated 2020-11-07
    Great work! :good:
    when complete flash rom and After the logo for a few minutes back to recovery !!!! whey ?

• Brother greetings and blessings I hope you are doing your best ... I am writing to you to know if it will still continue to work on this wonderful software, I really hope so, since I love this device and I would not like to leave it I hope a prompt update ... .. please don't abandon us .... greetings to all the XDA team​
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone