• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16

Search This thread

linckandrea

Nov 9, 2013
Roma
Moto X 2014
Nexus 9
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important:
Official build are now available

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )

What's partially working:
  • Bluetooth
  • Video Playback
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Flash
  • GPS
  • Nfc

What's not working :
  • SELinux enforcing
  • HWcomposer is buggy(rendering is made by gpu in order to avoid artifacts)

Instructions :
Download the latest build and gapps
Reboot to recovery
Do all wipes
Flash the latest build and gapps

Downloads :
Latest Build : LineageOS-16

Reporting Bugs
DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources

Credits :
LineageOS Team

if you want to offer me a coffee or anything else check this

Last edited:

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for releasing 16.0. While I did have a bootable 16.0 back in March 2021, I couldn't fix the hwcomposer problems.

With your 16.0 build, Clash Royale completely froze and locked up after 15 minutes (roughly 5 games, each is 3 minutes long). adb logcat shows running low on memory? I can play same game on 15.1 with no problems.

Attachments

• cr-lockedup.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 1

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
After getting the logcat, I tried to start Clash Royale again, but the entire device locked up again and I get the same System UI isn't responding that I reported earlier.

Code:
  5585  06-23 18:42:44.198   264   355 E ActivityManager: ANR in com.android.systemui
  5586  06-23 18:42:44.198   264   355 E ActivityManager: PID: 661
  5587  06-23 18:42:44.198   264   355 E ActivityManager: Reason: Input dispatching timed out (Waiting to send non-key event because the touched window has not finished processing certain input events that were delivered to it over 500.0ms ago.  Wait queue length: 1.  Wait queue head age: 6085.9ms.)              
  5588  06-23 18:42:44.198   264   355 E ActivityManager: Load: 4.6 / 2.01 / 1.62
  5589  06-23 18:42:44.198   264   355 E ActivityManager: CPU usage from 0ms to 22509ms later (2021-06-23 18:42:21.538 to 2021-06-23 18:42:44.047):

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
Here's the output of top from adb shell. BTW, there's no rush to look at this. I know you are still fine tuning your changes locally and on github. Thanks.
Code:
Tasks: 198 total,   1 running, 197 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie                                                                                         
Mem:   1879792k total,  1306832k used,   572960k free,      816k buffers                                                                                     
Swap:   786428k total,   158840k used,   627588k free,   553684k cached

linckandrea

Nov 9, 2013
Roma
Moto X 2014
Nexus 9
I just installed it and it works fine, but pls add sources. I already found them, but you should add them in your post.
and ofc thanks for all the effort you made @linckandrea

source link added(i missed when created the thread but they were already present(with git history) on my github account)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for releasing 16.0. While I did have a bootable 16.0 back in March 2021, I couldn't fix the hwcomposer problems.

With your 16.0 build, Clash Royale completely froze and locked up after 15 minutes (roughly 5 games, each is 3 minutes long). adb logcat shows running low on memory? I can play same game on 15.1 with no problems.

due to broken hwc display composition is made by only the gpu
(this means that every heavily gpu app will perform bad as the gpu do all the work)

Here's the output of top from adb shell. BTW, there's no rush to look at this. I know you are still fine tuning your changes locally and on github. Thanks.
Code:
Tasks: 198 total,   1 running, 197 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie                                                                                        
Mem:   1879792k total,  1306832k used,   572960k free,      816k buffers                                                                                    
Swap:   786428k total,   158840k used,   627588k free,   553684k cached
Would you say that @linckandrea 's v16 release is more up-to-date than your v15.1 release?
Obviously v16 > v15.1 but I wonder if the functionality is the same?

Having used both releases, would you say this one is more stable than your own?
Your last update for v15.1 was as of June 13, 2021.
Does this v16 update include both the security updates AND the hardware fixes in yours?
Such as improving the GPU rendering, etc?
I would assume that because it's v16, it would include all previous fixes from v15.1? Am I wrong in thinking this?
Or is the hardware decoding of video or say, YouTube; still an issue?

Also related/unrelated to these ROMs, have either of you (or other users reading) had the issues with the NEXUS9 related to crashing prior to installing any ROM; and then having those issues be resolved with the installation of this or any other ROMs? I'd like to know if this is a hardware-based or software-based issue.
If my NEXUS9 is still going to crash, I don't think it's worth my time installing any ROMs, etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important:
    Official build are now available

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )

What's partially working:
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • Nfc

What's not working :
    • SELinux enforcing
    • HWcomposer is buggy(rendering is made by gpu in order to avoid artifacts)

Instructions :
    Download the latest build and gapps
    Reboot to recovery
    Do all wipes
    Flash the latest build and gapps

Downloads :
    Latest Build : LineageOS-16

Reporting Bugs
    DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources

Credits :
    LineageOS Team

if you want to offer me a coffee or anything else check this