- Mar 25, 2008
In the spirit of moving custom ROM development along for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510/T515], here's one I just created based on the September 2019 Update and @AndyYan's LineageOS 16.0 GSI. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even better work.
- The current process may require you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
- Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and this one is based on the November 2019 Update (T510XXS3ATB4) for the SM-T510.
- The system is based on @AndyYan's LineageOS 16.0 GSI with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
- Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
- Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510.
- I've dialed back most of scary bootloader warnings and Knox Security branding from the boot sequence.
- This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.
- Support for file-based encryption
- Nexus_Stock_LP_T510XXS3ATB4-20200422.tar.md5 (Odin tarball)
- Nexus_Stock_LP_T510XXS3ATB4-20200422.zip (TWRP update)
- No longer supported (since I don't have hardware for testing), but archives are posted here.
- New private build of LineageOS GSI with April 2020 security patch.
- Updated to T510XXS3ATB4 kernel and vendor partition (February 2020 Update)
- Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200422), with private fix for Chrome issue.
- Fixed Double Tap to Wake feature (enabled in Phh Treble Settings).
- Fixed crash on first two attempts to launch Phh Treble Settings.
- New private build of LineageOS GSI with the above fixes (#663 & #1228).
- Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200404), with private fix for Chrome issue.
- Switched back to Pixel Launcher updated with Nexus tablet device profiles.
- New LineageOS GSI build of treble_a64_bvN target with March 2020 Security Update.
- Switched to ext2simg for sparse image conversion to improve Odin compatibility and reduce download size.
- Updated to OpenGApps 20200311. (Subsequent builds have issues.)
- Charging after full shutdown will no longer hang during level-of-charge animation.
- MTP file transfers no longer require USB Debugging to be enabled.
- Updated to T510XXU2ASK5 kernel (November 2019 Update)
- Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200307)
- Updated to T510XXS2ASK1 kernel (November 2019 Update)
- Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200103)
- USB Debugging is enabled by default (MTP workaround)
- SurfaceFlinger optimization to improve scrolling performance
- Updated to latest OpenGApps (20191109)
- Now building TWRP update (.zip file)
- Switched from AOSP base to LineageOS.
- Updated to latest OpenGApps (20191022)
- Updated to T510XXU2ASI4 kernel and TWRP v3.3.1-5..
- Scoped MTP fix more tightly, preventing charging cap at 79%.
- Fixed MTP support, so you can now transfer files easily via USB.
- Google Play Protect now plays nice. You no longer have to register your GSF ID. (Thanks, @phhusson!)
- Removed DeviceID app, since it's now unneeded.
- AOSP 9.0 v119
- Updated to TWRP 3.3.1-2
- Restored some security features to custom kernel
- AOSP 9.0 v117
- August security patch
- Nexus default wallpaper
- Initial release based on AOSP 9.0 v114
From OEM stock firmware:
- Unlock bootloader
- Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
- Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
- When TWRP launches, wipe data if installing for first time. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
- Reboot to system
- Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
- Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
- Reboot to system