[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] Nexus Stock for 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510]

Search This thread

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
Thanks for the message on where we stand for t515. Just wondering where is your custom recovery and kernel maybe might get rid of the lag that we experience with stock.
It's in the TWRP topic. While I posted an update for the SM-T510 here yesterday for T510XXS3ATB4 (February 2020 Security Update), Samsung hasn't yet posted kernel source for T515XXS4ATB4.

win32r

Sep 18, 2013
Hello. You planned this rom for T515?

New build release today...

Change Log:
20200422:
  • New private build of LineageOS GSI with April 2020 security patch.
  • Updated to T510XXS3ATB4 kernel and vendor partition (February 2020 Update)
  • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200422), with private fix for Chrome issue.

ckbcowboy

Jun 24, 2014
@Magendanz please tell me if what I want to do is just totally ridiculous!

First off, I'm a software engineer with plenty of experience, just none with Android development. I want to compile a version of this ROM (which works great, btw!) with _one_ line changed in the android source(USB_NEAR_IFACE_ADDR = "192.168.42.129") because I have 2 T510 tablets connected via USB tethering and I need them to each have a different IP

[edit] I did a lot more digging and figured out most of it. I'll make another reply with a more sensible question

Last edited:

ckbcowboy

Jun 24, 2014
@Magendanz, I actually figured out how to build everything, I now have a lineage-16.0-20200507-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvN.img file, but I don't know what to do with it.

I see the instructions in your android_device_samsung_gta3xlwifi repo README, but I don't understand where to clone your repo to.

Can you give me any pointers? Thanks!

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
@Magendanz, I actually figured out how to build everything, I now have a lineage-16.0-20200507-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvN.img file, but I don't know what to do with it.

I see the instructions in your android_device_samsung_gta3xlwifi repo README, but I don't understand where to clone your repo to.

Can you give me any pointers? Thanks!
Congratulations on your first LOS build!

First of all, the instructions in my android_device_samsung_gta3xlwifi repo are for building TWRP 9.0 on Omni. In theory you could use it to help build other AOSP-based system images, but I just use a GSI. You've now built your own LOS 16 GSI, and so you can simply flash it in TWRP to replace mine.

Last edited:

Freethefire

Jun 21, 2015
Thanks for an excellent ROM!
Just wondering if anyone else has problems with Netflix just streaming SD quality? Annoying as...
Cheers!

gambaaa

May 18, 2015
I am content with the One UI (light user here) but I love seeing those roms being made. Anyone could give me a list of advantages it has over stock One UI. I am tempted to root it but I'd love to know if anyone is satisfied with this rom

Boots!

Mar 19, 2020
Nottingham
Nexus Logo still present?

Hello! Thank you very much for putting this together.

I decided to unroot my tablet and flash stock, I did so using ODIN and everything seemed fine however I still get the Nexus logo each time I boot up the device. It shows "Nexus" then "Samsung" and then the device boots as usual. How do I remove this Nexus logo? Did I fail to uninstall the custom ROM correctly?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Boots!

Mar 19, 2020
Nottingham
You just need to flash the original param.bin, which is in the BL tarball. It also might require a hard shutdown to take effect.

Thanks for the speedy response. This Param.bin file is located in the stock firmware MD5, right? as "param.bin.lz4"? I managed to get TWRP working, but I'm not sure how to flash Param.bin, could you direct me as to how please?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
This Param.bin file is located in the stock firmware MD5, right?
Yes, when you download the OEM firmware, you'll have several tarballs (.tar.md5) to match up in Odin (BL, AP & HOME_CSC). These should flash even with Samsung's VaultKeeper activiated (which is causing your error message right now). The BL tarball will include param.bin (compressed as LZ4).

Reactions: Boots!

Boots!

Mar 19, 2020
Nottingham
Yes, when you download the OEM firmware, you'll have several tarballs (.tar.md5) to match up in Odin (BL, AP & HOME_CSC). These should flash even with Samsung's VaultKeeper activiated (which is causing your error message right now). The BL tarball will include param.bin (compressed as LZ4).

Thanks again for the advice, but unfortunately despite using Odin to flash my stock firmware, the Nexus logo still persists at device start up. I must have really messed something up somewhere. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I don't think it's effecting the device in any way, it's just a rogue boot logo that won't seem to go away.

massivekind

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks again for the advice, but unfortunately despite using Odin to flash my stock firmware, the Nexus logo still persists at device start up. I must have really messed something up somewhere. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I don't think it's effecting the device in any way, it's just a rogue boot logo that won't seem to go away.

Choose the csc file ( and not the home file) BEWARE OF DATA LOSS. After flashing the file, the Samsung boot logo should be back.

Reactions: kikoarl and Boots!

Boots!

Mar 19, 2020
Nottingham
Choose the csc file ( and not the home file) BEWARE OF DATA LOSS. After flashing the file, the Samsung boot logo should be back.

Fantastic! I flashed BL, AP and CSC without USERDATA and it worked perfectly. In awe of your knowledge!
Thank you both very much for your time. I'll be sure not to jump into these things half-cocked in the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qPD09.png

In the spirit of moving custom ROM development along for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510/T515], here's one I just created based on the September 2019 Update and @AndyYan's LineageOS 16.0 GSI. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even better work.

Notes:
    • The current process may require you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
    • Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and this one is based on the November 2019 Update (T510XXS3ATB4) for the SM-T510.
    • The system is based on @AndyYan's LineageOS 16.0 GSI with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
    • Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
    • Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510.
    • I've dialed back most of scary bootloader warnings and Knox Security branding from the boot sequence.
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Not working:
    • Support for file-based encryption

Downloads:
    SM-T510:
    SM-T515:
    • No longer supported (since I don't have hardware for testing), but archives are posted here.

Change Log:
    20200422:
    • New private build of LineageOS GSI with April 2020 security patch.
    • Updated to T510XXS3ATB4 kernel and vendor partition (February 2020 Update)
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200422), with private fix for Chrome issue.
    20200405:
    • Fixed Double Tap to Wake feature (enabled in Phh Treble Settings).
    • Fixed crash on first two attempts to launch Phh Treble Settings.
    • New private build of LineageOS GSI with the above fixes (#663 & #1228).
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200404), with private fix for Chrome issue.
    20200325:
    • Switched back to Pixel Launcher updated with Nexus tablet device profiles.
    • New LineageOS GSI build of treble_a64_bvN target with March 2020 Security Update.
    • Switched to ext2simg for sparse image conversion to improve Odin compatibility and reduce download size.
    • Updated to OpenGApps 20200311. (Subsequent builds have issues.)
    20200308:
    • Charging after full shutdown will no longer hang during level-of-charge animation.
    • MTP file transfers no longer require USB Debugging to be enabled.
    • Updated to T510XXU2ASK5 kernel (November 2019 Update)
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200307)
    20200103:
    • Updated to T510XXS2ASK1 kernel (November 2019 Update)
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200103)
    20191109:
    • USB Debugging is enabled by default (MTP workaround)
    • SurfaceFlinger optimization to improve scrolling performance
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20191109)
    • Now building TWRP update (.zip file)
    20190922:
    • Switched from AOSP base to LineageOS.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20191022)
    20190921:
    • Updated to T510XXU2ASI4 kernel and TWRP v3.3.1-5..
    20190909:
    • Scoped MTP fix more tightly, preventing charging cap at 79%.
    20190906:
    • Fixed MTP support, so you can now transfer files easily via USB.
    20190828:
    • Google Play Protect now plays nice. You no longer have to register your GSF ID. (Thanks, @phhusson!)
    • Removed DeviceID app, since it's now unneeded.
    20190825:
    20190810:
    20190629:

Instructions:
    From OEM stock firmware:
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
    • Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
    • When TWRP launches, wipe data if installing for first time. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
    • Reboot to system
    From existing TWRP install: (No need for data wipe.)
    • Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
    • Reboot to system

Source:

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    • I'm leveraging a ton of work done by @AndyYan and @phhusson for Treble GSIs, so please show them some love here and here!
    Another new release today, fixing a couple of chronic bugs in the GSI.

Change Log:
    20200405:
    • Fixed Double Tap to Wake feature (enabled in Phh Treble Settings).
    • Fixed crash on first two attempts to launch Phh Treble Settings.
    • New private build of LineageOS GSI with the above fixes (#663 & #1228).
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200404), with private fix for Chrome issue.

Note that the fixes require a clean install to take effect, since one element is implemented in rw-system.sh...which only runs on initial boot.
    will there be a new release coming?
    Yes, I'm trying to build an unofficial LineageOS 16.0 release, but am struggling with some build issues. The primary goal is to deal with the Play Protect device certification (but I definitely won't pass SafetyNet). Eventually, I'll also get to fixing MTP.
    Quick survey: I have Android 10 running on my SM-T510 now, and it's really quite usable. Would folks prefer to stick to Android Pie or live on the edge?
    New build (20190810) posted today, based on @phhusson's AOSP 9.0 v117 with the August security update and a bunch of fixes for Samsung devices. If you already have 20190629 installed, you can just unpack the system image and flash it in TWRP. No factory reset needed.