• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] Nexus Stock for 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510]

Search This thread

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
I can't seem to get Netflix to work tho. I side loaded the latest version, it would launch fine but finally stuck on a unless loading screen when trying to play anything. anyone have solutions for it?
For Netflix, deleting /vendor/lib/liboemcrypto.so does the trick. I've added it to my build script, but for now you can just delete the file in TWRP.

Reactions: Clamtacos

xiaozi

May 21, 2010
thanks for that. I wipe user data in TWRP before flashing the room. Now Nexus works. But I flash magisk using TWRP. But magisk manager is showing rambus is off and saftnet is not working. Do you know how to solve this?

xiaozi

May 21, 2010
I finally get it work with magisk and smallipatch. But I can not see the SD card on this ROM. Do I miss anything or anything I need to install. My card is 256GB

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I did install the nexus android 10 version and infinity 3 for android 10. I format the sd and still can not see the card. I also used a 64GB card for testing.
I'm running the RR ROM with the Infinity kernel and my SD card is 64gb. But I replaced the 64gb card with a pre-formatted 256gb card with close to 200gb of data on it. I can read the data both in TWRP and booted to system with my file manager. One thing I noticed was that when I booted, it asked me to setup the SD card but I ignored that because I didn't want to lose the data already on the card. Have you tried formatting your card with TWRP and then ignoring the request to setup the card when you boot to system?

xiaozi

May 21, 2010
I'm running the RR ROM with the Infinity kernel and my SD card is 64gb. But I replaced the 64gb card with a pre-formatted 256gb card with close to 200gb of data on it. I can read the data both in TWRP and booted to system with my file manager. One thing I noticed was that when I booted, it asked me to setup the SD card but I ignored that because I didn't want to lose the data already on the card. Have you tried formatting your card with TWRP and then ignoring the request to setup the card when you boot to system?
Thanks for your advice, I format it in TWRP and now it is working. One more question, Can you move storage to SD card for some of app? I know in android 9, that is doable.

X_E_N

Dec 15, 2015
Just trying this ROM now and it looks great. But it doesn't recognise any SD card I try in it. Just says It is missing. Tried formatting etc, still a no show. Appears in TWRP however. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qPD09.png

In the spirit of moving custom ROM development along for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510/T515], here's one I just created based on the September 2019 Update and @AndyYan's LineageOS 16.0 GSI. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even better work.

Notes:
    • The current process may require you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
    • Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and this one is based on the November 2019 Update (T510XXS3ATB4) for the SM-T510.
    • The system is based on @AndyYan's LineageOS 16.0 GSI with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
    • Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
    • Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510.
    • I've dialed back most of scary bootloader warnings and Knox Security branding from the boot sequence.
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Not working:
    • Support for file-based encryption

Downloads:
    SM-T510:
    SM-T515:
    • No longer supported (since I don't have hardware for testing), but archives are posted here.

Change Log:
    20200422:
    • New private build of LineageOS GSI with April 2020 security patch.
    • Updated to T510XXS3ATB4 kernel and vendor partition (February 2020 Update)
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200422), with private fix for Chrome issue.
    20200405:
    • Fixed Double Tap to Wake feature (enabled in Phh Treble Settings).
    • Fixed crash on first two attempts to launch Phh Treble Settings.
    • New private build of LineageOS GSI with the above fixes (#663 & #1228).
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200404), with private fix for Chrome issue.
    20200325:
    • Switched back to Pixel Launcher updated with Nexus tablet device profiles.
    • New LineageOS GSI build of treble_a64_bvN target with March 2020 Security Update.
    • Switched to ext2simg for sparse image conversion to improve Odin compatibility and reduce download size.
    • Updated to OpenGApps 20200311. (Subsequent builds have issues.)
    20200308:
    • Charging after full shutdown will no longer hang during level-of-charge animation.
    • MTP file transfers no longer require USB Debugging to be enabled.
    • Updated to T510XXU2ASK5 kernel (November 2019 Update)
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200307)
    20200103:
    • Updated to T510XXS2ASK1 kernel (November 2019 Update)
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200103)
    20191109:
    • USB Debugging is enabled by default (MTP workaround)
    • SurfaceFlinger optimization to improve scrolling performance
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20191109)
    • Now building TWRP update (.zip file)
    20190922:
    • Switched from AOSP base to LineageOS.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20191022)
    20190921:
    • Updated to T510XXU2ASI4 kernel and TWRP v3.3.1-5..
    20190909:
    • Scoped MTP fix more tightly, preventing charging cap at 79%.
    20190906:
    • Fixed MTP support, so you can now transfer files easily via USB.
    20190828:
    • Google Play Protect now plays nice. You no longer have to register your GSF ID. (Thanks, @phhusson!)
    • Removed DeviceID app, since it's now unneeded.
    20190825:
    20190810:
    20190629:

Instructions:
    From OEM stock firmware:
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
    • Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
    • When TWRP launches, wipe data if installing for first time. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
    • Reboot to system
    From existing TWRP install: (No need for data wipe.)
    • Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
    • Reboot to system

Source:

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    • I'm leveraging a ton of work done by @AndyYan and @phhusson for Treble GSIs, so please show them some love here and here!
    Another new release today, fixing a couple of chronic bugs in the GSI.

Change Log:
    20200405:
    • Fixed Double Tap to Wake feature (enabled in Phh Treble Settings).
    • Fixed crash on first two attempts to launch Phh Treble Settings.
    • New private build of LineageOS GSI with the above fixes (#663 & #1228).
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps (20200404), with private fix for Chrome issue.

Note that the fixes require a clean install to take effect, since one element is implemented in rw-system.sh...which only runs on initial boot.
    will there be a new release coming?
    Yes, I'm trying to build an unofficial LineageOS 16.0 release, but am struggling with some build issues. The primary goal is to deal with the Play Protect device certification (but I definitely won't pass SafetyNet). Eventually, I'll also get to fixing MTP.
    Quick survey: I have Android 10 running on my SM-T510 now, and it's really quite usable. Would folks prefer to stick to Android Pie or live on the edge?
    New build (20190810) posted today, based on @phhusson's AOSP 9.0 v117 with the August security update and a bunch of fixes for Samsung devices. If you already have 20190629 installed, you can just unpack the system image and flash it in TWRP. No factory reset needed.