• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] Pixel Experience Plus

Search This thread

valera_by

Jul 28, 2020
Mobile data is Ok. It was my fault, I did not properly set it.
It's the best Android 9.0 for me now. Everything works correct and quick. Now I need only GCam on it :)

Last edited:

jack_04

Apr 25, 2015
I am using this ROM and now I want to flash new version of this ROM. But I don't want to loose any data already present. How to flash it this way?

Core tech tamil

Feb 15, 2020
Please fix the random reboots . The phone reboots alone when working on multitasking or playing games. Otherwise the rom is perfect and i am using it as my daily driver as long as 1 year.

Korin67

Feb 24, 2018
Hello, I am new to this thread. If someone still on this thread, I want to ask. A minor issue is FM radio does not work. The frequency is fixed to 100 MHz, does not move. Another is a bit more serious. Does usb port work? I set the USB debug on. But connecting the phone to PC does not do anything. Adb devices and other commands does not work. MTP is not possible as well. It seems the phone is not recognized with PC.
I am trying the newest ROM of date 20190828.
Build this ROM with arrow device tree is not difficult. I could do it. But the resulting ROM does not boot (infinite boot animation).
Thank you for your time.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Hello, I am new to this thread. If someone still on this thread, I want to ask. A minor issue is FM radio does not work. The frequency is fixed to 100 MHz, does not move. Another is a bit more serious. Does usb port work? I set the USB debug on. But connecting the phone to PC does not do anything. Adb devices and other commands does not work. MTP is not possible as well. It seems the phone is not recognized with PC.
I am trying the newest ROM of date 20190828.
Build this ROM with arrow device tree is not difficult. I could do it. But the resulting ROM does not boot (infinite boot animation).
Thank you for your time.
Did you upgrade to oreo firmware? many things doesn't work until that, if you still are experiencing that issues, i could recommend Arrow OS Pie or Android Open Source illusion Project Pie (this one on recent security patches works amazing)

Korin67

Feb 24, 2018
Did you upgrade to oreo firmware? many things doesn't work until that, if you still are experiencing that issues, i could recommend Arrow OS Pie or Android Open Source illusion Project Pie (this one on recent security patches works amazing)
Thank you for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. Yes, I already upgraded to oreo firmware. So far I am satisfied with SuperiorOS (64 bit, built myself). I already tested AOSiP as well. Problem is: my new SIM does not work with the last two. But it works with PixelExperience. I do not understand the reason. Only with this reason, I moved to this ROM and found the issues I experienced. Regarding Arrow OS, it was not stable for me. Another thing I do not understand is that my athene does not work well with 32 bit version. So I quit Arrow OS and came to SuperiorOS.
By these reasons PixelExprerience is the only way for me to go with my SIM.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Thank you for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. Yes, I already upgraded to oreo firmware. So far I am satisfied with SuperiorOS (64 bit, built myself). I already tested AOSiP as well. Problem is: my new SIM does not work with the last two. But it works with PixelExperience. I do not understand the reason. Only with this reason, I moved to this ROM and found the issues I experienced. Regarding Arrow OS, it was not stable for me. Another thing I do not understand is that my athene does not work well with 32 bit version. So I quit Arrow OS and came to SuperiorOS.
By these reasons PixelExprerience is the only way for me to go with my SIM.
Edit: Try AOSiP rom, from all the pie roms i tested, it's the only that is actually stable with a few bugs, normal Pixel Experience doesn't have moto gestures, quick tile and sound picker apps doesn't work

Arrow OS wasn't stable for me too but only on first boots, after that, Facebook app would restart if i change app like i had an 1 GB RAM device

Superior OS is really nice but it has an error with libmain.so file, so you couldn't play games that depend on it like Tinker Island, here is the error that appears. (You will get an error like on attached image)

For now i'm using AOSiP and is kinda stable on the last security patch, i even got 1 GB of free RAM from 2 GB with no apps open (other roms gave me like 500 to 700 MB of free RAM)

Attachments

• 1627869618413.png
    1627869618413.png
    301 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: Korin67

aseem.mane

May 25, 2021
Best and the most stable Pie ROM

It is the best and the most stable pie rom for moto g4 plus. Everything works fine. There are no bugs and the camera is also working perfectly there are no green images. Battery backup is also good, performance is like stock, only the phone app takes 2-3 seconds to open it.
I have attached some screenshots. Just very happy with the ROM. It is best for daily use.
View attachment 4815576
View attachment 4815577
View attachment 4815578
View attachment 4815582
View attachment 4815579
Please can you help me with the installation process i am doing it for the first time

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
This roms looks so good, i want to ask. What is the difference of this rom and normal pixel experience?

Also i hope there is an update to fix the APN to not having to configure it manually

Edit: Download this file and then move it to system/etc and give permissions to 0644 and APN will get preconfigured

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FMOzKgPvLPaWB_b4AbFukRos8nB8%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience Plus for Moto G4/Plus [Athene]

ATTENTION!
    I am not responsible for any damage your device, use at your own risk!

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Flash TWRP with EFS support for proper backup of EFS

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    VoLTE
    Sound / vibration

Know issues
    Dialer not pre instaled(Flash patch for fix)
    apn not pre configured
    You tell me!

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Download Gdrive

Pixel Experience Plus
    Dialer Patch

Source
    kernel

INSTRUCTIONS
    Clean flash
    1. READ NOTES
    2. Wipe: System, Data, Dalvik, Cache
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Mont System
    5. Flash Patch
    6. Reboot & enjoy

Check the permissions of the Google Phone app and if necessary enable all.

Special thanks to
    ArrowOS
    AOSP
    PixelExperience
    loonycrd
    Lyuu

And all other Open Source, developers, teams and organisations.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel Experience Plus, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    Manoel Fernandes
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-08-28

Created 2019-08-29
    Last Updated 2019-08-29
    Best and the most stable Pie ROM

It is the best and the most stable pie rom for moto g4 plus. Everything works fine. There are no bugs and the camera is also working perfectly there are no green images. Battery backup is also good, performance is like stock, only the phone app takes 2-3 seconds to open it.
    I have attached some screenshots. Just very happy with the ROM. It is best for daily use.
    Screenshot_20190905-194859.jpg
    Screenshot_20190905-194920.jpg
    Screenshot_20190905-194957.jpg
    Screenshot_20190905-195920.jpg
    Screenshot_20190905-195117.jpg
    Minor lags and mobile data issues. When I turn on mobile data, it doesn't work.

I haven't tried the ROM yet (I want to do it. But.. idk). But I think that the problems is because the apn is not previous configured. You need to put it by yourself on setting. It's a mentioned bug
    ROM is working fine, I'm just missing the extra functions of swipe up home Button like turn off the screen and swipe back. About the issues, I've find that the wireless display ( wich I've enabled through build.prop) is not working, and that I got reboots while using the panorama mode in OpenCamera, and the ui gets a bit laggy sometimes, I've noticed some problems while using WiFi Direct app, but It seems to work mostly of times.
    Keep the good work :good:
    Thanks For The ROM !!!

This ROM is Smoother than the previous PE ROM i had installed
    the camera works fine
    QS torch toggle is working
    [Edit: After the first reboot it doesnt work, it looks like disabled , using moto gestures]
    i didnt Face any random reboots
    [Edit: after installing any apk , it reboots , or enabling a new option like network moniter or something]
    It doesnt show fast charging when a fast charger is pluged in
    I cant install the google phone app from playstore like i did in the PE ROM
    google camera v 5.0 that i used before didnt work on this rom [Edit: camera.hal3 was disabled , after enabling it , gcam works fine no green images ]
    didnt face any unexpected glitches or lag
    there is a weird glitch in dark mode , the notifications stay white , not the notification panel , just the notification
    if theres a google camera mod you can suggest , plz do and Thanks for the ROM , i realy love the PE ROMs