- Aug 14, 2014
This is Candy9. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM, with regular updates and security patches.
We do this as a hobby, and we happily share the Candy of our toils with the custom ROM community, for free. We use what we share on our own devices, most as Daily Drivers, so you can be confident that problems will be promptly addressed.
Thanks for your support and camaraderie. Special thanks to GZOSP, GZR-Roms, LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni, TeslaROM, AOSiP, DU and the innumerable rest who make their source open. We can't do all of this on our own!
Donations are appreciated, but NEVER expected.
Stay tuned for more Candy!
Special thanks to GZOSP, GZR-Roms, LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni, TeslaROM, AOSiP and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do all of this on our own.
@gimmeitorilltell @NoSpamDan @kdp162 @chadouming @Nick_gunale @axxx007xxxz @Yaznas @bhi244 @rajatgupta1998@miju12
Looking to become a Device Maintainer for Candy? Read more about the requirements HERE.
Come visit us on Telegram: @CandyRoms
ROM: CandyRoms Github
DEVICES/KERNELS: CandyDevices Github
Gerrit Review bbqdroid.org
Disclaimer: CandyRoms is not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.
(Subject to change... )
- Volume buttons up/down for Do Not Disturb
- Swap volume buttons on rotation
- Long press volume playback control
- Screen off power button torch (double press and long press)
- Show app icons in toasts
- Double tap to sleep on lock screen
- Face auto unlock
- FP unlock without PIN/password
- Quick PIN unlock
- Disable QS when locked
- Hide lockscreen power menu
- Hide or show custom bottom shortcuts
- Clock styles
- Date styles
- STATUS BAR
- Clock options:
- Display seconds
- AM/PM & Date display and format
- Battery settings:
- Battery icon style
- Show percentage in Status bar
- Network Traffic indicator
- Quick settings:
- Brightness slider icon (for Auto/Manual)
- Bottom brightness slider
- Custom number of rows/columns with Quick add (one click)
- Quick pulldown (right)
- Control status bar items
- Clock options:
- Navbar options:
- Stock navbar
- Hardware keys:
- Navbar options:
- STOCK ROOM
- Three finger screen shot gesture
- Screenshot shutter sound
- Rootless Substratum support
- Night light
- Prevent accidental wake up via proximity sensor
- Candy Sweetener Device theme (Substratum if installed, Pixel, Stock)
- SystemUI Tuner
- Battery stats reset option
More to come, we are never done...
NOTE: You MUST decrypt to flash this custom ROM! This may change in the future, but is required for now!
NOTE: You should also make sure you are on one of the most recent firmware versions shipping with your device. Every attempt will be made to provide specific information as needed, and occasional flashable firmware files too.
Coming from another rom
1. Copy your files and backup to external sd or pc
2.. Download latest rom , open gapps , firmware and twrp
3. Flash recovery
4. Wipe clean and format data
5. Put rom , gapps and firmware and flash
Updating from previous Candy9 release
1) Download Candy9.zip (See Post #2)
2) Boot into recovery
3) Take backup if desired before flashing
4) Wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System)
5) Flash Candy9.zip
6) Flash Pie GApps (user choice)
7) Flash Magisk (user choice if root wanted)
-Please give first boot several minutes.
-New additions and fixes being added constantly...
IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
If you have issues, you need to provide both of the following:
- Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure.
- A clear description of the steps needed to exactly reproduce the problem.
NO ETA REQUESTS!
* See Post #2 for Downloads
* See Post #3 for FAQ/Known issues
Candy Roms, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
miju12, dyneteve, merothh
Source Code: https://github.com/MiCode/Xiaomi_Kernel_OpenSource/tree/violet-p-oss
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Beta Release Date: 2019-04-21
Last Updated 2019-04-21