[ROM][9.0][whyred] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2019/12/12]

Search This thread

shuader

Jan 20, 2020
Bekasi
now I use Android 10 (the latest ION ROM). Is it safe if I clean install PE Android 9 Plus edition? or is there a prior requirement for flashing PE 9? thanks

dinsum

Aug 9, 2012
I do not understand how I am the only one with low call volume problem, im on 0906

Is there any way I can adjust or calibrate the volume in some sort of a secret menu? I already got all volume setting fully cranked, phone is really loud for everything except calls, i tried wiping everything and the problem persists

Reactions: rohan239492

shuader

Jan 20, 2020
Bekasi
Thanks for the great ROM
1. how to activate the full gesture / navigation mode in PE 9 plus? I'm not used to using the 3 default navigation buttons.
2. I just installed PE 9 plus (latest). Do I need to install a custom kernel for better optimization?
3. Is there a stable Gcam for PE 9 plus? I'm tired of using Mi Camera.

prefor

Aug 29, 2015
I can't even get past the first screen when I install this ROM.... It tells me to write my WiFi password ut the keyboard oesnt show up so I can't write anything..

Any solutions? :(

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I can't even get past the first screen when I install this ROM.... It tells me to write my WiFi password ut the keyboard oesnt show up so I can't write anything..

Any solutions? :(

dinsum

Aug 9, 2012
Do you have any problems with the phone call volume?

I am absolutely loving version 0906 but for some weird reason the volume is really low when making phone calls and I can't seem to fix it, already did the full wipe and everything else works perfectly and great battery life

I couldn't fix the low call volume no matter what I did so I upgrade to 1211 and the volume is loud again :) don't know whats supposed to be better about 0906 but 1211 seems better to me

jcgraells

Mar 4, 2020
Problem with redmi Note 7 (Infinity google logo loading screen)

I've installed pixel experience on my redmi note 7, everything it's ok scepts that when I try to turn on my phone, the loading screen with the google logo appears and doesn't finish.

SunSaych

Mar 12, 2020
First of all, thank you, guys, for this firmware! Now my Redmi Note 5 (whyred) is just awesome, smooth and snappy.
But I have a question: is it possible to make camera save to my external SD card? I cannot find an option for this... The camera app seems to be the same as in MIUI and there was an option to save to SD card.

Thank you in advance.

c20h25n3o

Feb 19, 2007
Is there any way to enable full screen mode for some apps?

Did you ever manage to fix this? I have a couple of apps in PE on Mi 9t Pro that won't open full screen. Kinda annoying but can't seem to fix it.

And does it look like this for you?
https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FR4bcw88%2FScreenshot-20200320-224000-Nederlandse-Kranten.png

Last edited:

tiagosantos88

Mar 12, 2015
Somme bought apps are saying not compatible with my device when it was on Miui any fix for this?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 5 através do Tapatalk

zdsvub

Jan 31, 2019
Czech Republic
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Global/Pro (whyred)
=======================================
http://www.kopirky.org/whyred/

Flash the Pixel Experience Pie ROM
----------------------------------

0. It is recommended to backup your private files (photos, contacts, etc...).
1. Download these files to the "PixelExperience-Updates" folder in your phone:
+ TWRP-3.3.1-0-whyred.img
+ TWRP-3.3.1-1-whyred-9.0-only.img
+ FW_whyred_V11.0.5.0.PEIMIXM_45f26eac62_9.0.zip
+ PixelExperience_Plus_whyred-9.0-20191211-2057-OFFICIAL.zip
2. Switch off the phone.
3. Boot to the Recovery [VolumeUP]+[Power].
4. Install image - Recovery - TWRP-3.3.1-0-whyred.img to the Recovery partition.
(Safer way, if you have old TWRP or FW 8.1. This TWRP works with FW 9.0 without support of USB-OTG.)
5. Reboot the phone to the Recovery.
6. Install ZIP - firmware 9.0 - FW_whyred_V11.0.5.0.PEIMIXM_45f26eac62_9.0.zip.
7. Reboot the phone to the Recovery.
8. Install image - Recovery - TWRP-3.3.1-1-whyred-9.0-only.img to the Recovery partition.
(Install only if you have installed FW 9.0.)
9. Reboot the phone to the Recovery.
10. For the clean flash (If you have any problems. For downgrade. From another ROM.):
Advanced Wipe - Cache, Dalvik, Data, System, Vendor. (Nothing more!)
11. Install ZIP - ROM - PixelExperience_Plus_whyred-9.0-20191211-2057-OFFICIAL.zip.
12. Wipe Cache/Dalvik.
13. Reboot the phone to the System.
14. Due to bug do basic setup of Google Account in English. After that set your language.

Root
----

1. Download these files to the "PixelExperience-Updates" folder in your phone:
+ Magisk-v20.3(20300).zip
2. Switch off the phone.
3. Boot to the Recovery [VolumeUP]+[Power].
4. Install ZIP - Root - Magisk-v20.3(20300).zip.
5. Reboot the phone to the System.

Kernel
------

Illusion - default from ROM - sometimes after reboot the touch panel doesn't work, press Power button twice
KangarooX - alternative kernel - one of the timers often freezes, the wake up alarm does not ring
IceCold - alternative kernel - unstable functions, frequent restart required
PureCaf - alternative kernel - the same touch panel issue as Illusion it has
Panda - alternative kernel - the display often lights up slowly

Last update of this User Guide in 2020-09-28

Last edited:

fkrrr

Dec 5, 2016
When I call someone or receive a call from someone with voLTE on both sides, i only hear distorted voices. Changed my sim card, changed the slots and the phone (to iphone). The only thing that has worked was changing to iphone. Any ideas on a fix?

Yippee-ki-yay

Feb 28, 2017
Is there a way to fix the rotation sensor? When you place the phone horizontally on a surface, the screen rotates. In the PE 10 version it works fine.

Top Liked Posts