[ROM][9.0_r44][ARM64]Android Open Source illusion Project[athene][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

ravennadia

Apr 28, 2021
Moto G Stylus
I'm wanting to install this on my XT1625. Right now it has Aosp extended v6.6, and baseband M8952_70030.25.03.64.01R, but I see that the last update says it only works with baseband MSM8952_70030.25.03.77R? Do I need to install the right baseband before installing AOSiP? Where do I find that?

ravennadia

Apr 28, 2021
Moto G Stylus
I'm wanting to install this on my XT1625. Right now it has Aosp extended v6.6, and baseband M8952_70030.25.03.64.01R, but I see that the last update says it only works with baseband MSM8952_70030.25.03.77R? Do I need to install the right baseband before installing AOSiP? Where do I find that?
I just went ahead and installed it. I made sure that TWRP 3.3.1 was installed, and I wiped data and formatted, then installed the arm 64 december 2021 version and nano gapps. Everything seems to be working fine; I can make and receive calls, and it still says I have the baseband M8952_70030.25.03.64.01R

kk9999gada

Jan 21, 2012
Mumbai
New Build 20220130 (Optional Update)

Download:

arm (mirror)​

Changelog:
  • Same as Build dated 20220123. No need to upgrade from previous build unless you need below change.
  • arm64: Switch to Coral's January 2022 Fingerprint to pass Safetynet for non-root users.

Disclaimer / Pre-requisites:
  1. Flash at your own risk.
  2. Make a TWRP backup before flashing a new build.
  3. Downgrading Builds is not supported.
  4. Clean flash is required, If you are downgrading the build.
  5. Oreo Baseband (MSM8952_70030.25.03.77R) is required.

Important Notes:
  1. This build passes Safetynet and shows "Device is Certified" in Play Store. If Safetynet doesn't work in future, use "MagiskHide Props Config" module.
  2. Avoid using any custom tweaks or playing with kernel settings. It will only make device more unstable, especially arm64 version.
  3. Do not root, if you want to use Banking Apps. (In arm64 version YONO SBI app doesn't work but YONO SBI Lite works.)
  4. On arm version some Games/Apps like Real Racing 3, Brawl Stars, Anydesk etc crash.
  5. WhatsApp Voice Message is broken.

January, 2022 Security Patch Notes from LOS 16:
Code:
Bump Security String to 2022-01-05

Implemented:
============
CVE:            References:  Type:  Severity:  Updated AOSP versions:
CVE-2020-0338   A-123700107  ID     High       9, 10
CVE-2021-30353  A-202025599  RA     High
CVE-2021-39621  A-185126319  EoP    High       9, 10, 11, 12
CVE-2021-39623  A-194105348  EoP    High       9, 10, 11, 12
CVE-2021-39626  A-194695497  EoP    High       9, 10, 11, 12
CVE-2021-39627  A-185126549  EoP    High       9, 10, 11, 12
CVE-2021-39629  A-197353344  EoP    High       9, 10, 11, 12

Previously Implemented:
=======================
None

Not Implemented:
================
None

Not Applicable (platform source):
=================================
CVE:            References:  Type:  Severity:  Updated AOSP versions:
CVE-2021-0643   A-183612370  ID     High       10, 11, 12
CVE-2021-39618  A-196855999  EoP    High       9, 10, 11, 12 (Pixel blobs)
CVE-2021-39620  A-203847542  EoP    High       11, 12
CVE-2021-39622  A-192663648  EoP    High       10, 11, 12 (Pixel blobs)
CVE-2021-39625  A-194695347  EoP    High       9, 10, 11, 12 (Pixel blobs)
CVE-2021-39628  A-189575031  ID     High       10, 11
CVE-2021-39630  A-202768292  EoP    High       12
CVE-2021-39632  A-202159709  EoP    High       11, 12
CVE-2021-39659  A-208267659  DoS    High       10, 11, 12

Change-Id: Id46afb8874000f210cb6fec507b2b1c4a480c18b

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiki Thorsen

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
New Build 20220130 (Optional Update)

Changelog:

• Same as Build dated 20220123. No need to upgrade from previous build unless you need below change.
  • arm64: Switch to Coral's January 2022 Fingerprint to pass Safetynet for non-root users.

Important Notes:
  1. This build passes Safetynet and shows "Device is Certified" in Play Store. If Safetynet doesn't work in future, use "MagiskHide Props Config" module.
  2. Avoid using any custom tweaks or playing with kernel settings. It will only make device more unstable, especially arm64 version.
  3. Do not root, if you want to use Banking Apps. (In arm64 version YONO SBI app doesn't work but YONO SBI Lite works.)
  4. On arm version some Games/Apps like Real Racing 3, Brawl Stars, Anydesk etc crash.
Thank you for this update, i'm using the arm64 version and Play Store shows Device is Certified, even with Magisk-v19.4.

About the WhatsApp bug, something strange is that i had that bug on Facebook Messenger too months ago but when i flashed again the rom, the bug dissapeared for Messenger, i don't know what could be causing it, but the only difference between the both flashes were the Google apps i installed on system, first time i installed Gboard, Google Search and Gmail apps with the pico Gapps, second time i only omitted the Google Search app. Could it be that some process related with Google Search Assistant be the cause? or it's even probable that some app or lib does cause this.

Sadly i don't use WhatsApp anymore, but i tested Telegram and Facebook Messenger Voice Messages and they worked on this update.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
It would be interesting to check if this Whatsapp bug affects everyone using this ROM and if not whether it is related to a particular Google App.
I think it's because Google App, when i had it on system, i could never send Voice Messages, even on Facebook Messenger and on Telegram, when i flashed this rom again but didn't install Google App on system, i could send Voice Messages without problem, i think that could be an problem on this rom, an lib does conflict with Google App or could be something related to Google Assistant

andrescm

Mar 11, 2013
Buenos Aires
Does anyone know how can I limit the maximum brightness when set on auto?. Mine is one of those devices affected by ghost touch when the brightness is too high. I'd like to know if there's a configuration file where I can edit the maximum level so when I'm outside in a sunny day the phone does not go crazy :)

Reactions: Entodoays

Entodoays

Sep 13, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Moto G4 Plus
I think it's because Google App, when i had it on system, i could never send Voice Messages, even on Facebook Messenger and on Telegram, when i flashed this rom again but didn't install Google App on system, i could send Voice Messages without problem, i think that could be an problem on this rom, an lib does conflict with Google App or could be something related to Google Assistant
I would replace the opengapps nano package with pico, but I use Digital Wellbeing that is not included in the pico bundle. Is it possible to have Digital Wellbeing without the Google Search app, maybe using the aroma package?
The last time I tried using the aroma package on another device I got confused with some of the options.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
I would replace the opengapps nano package with pico, but I use Digital Wellbeing that is not included in the pico bundle. Is it possible to have Digital Wellbeing without the Google Search app, maybe using the aroma package?
The last time I tried using the aroma package on another device I got confused with some of the options.
Yeah, it's actually possible, tell me the gapps version you use and i will make you an flashable zip to get Digital Wellbeing, also you can open it to know what are the neccesary files to make it work as system app

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Well, i noticed this, if flashing MindTheGapps instead OpenGapps on pie roms, i got less bugs and on roms like Lineage OS 16, i could use the Google App on system without bootlooping on that rom. Could it be that the Google App problem will get solved if flashing MindTheGapps instead OpenGapps?

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
I love this last AOSiP update, sadly, i still have random wifi disconnects.

I don't know if it's something related with Loony Kernel things since that kernel always had bugs or broke things for me, even on stock Oreo rom

Last edited:

kk9999gada

Jan 21, 2012
Mumbai
New Build 20220327

Download:

arm

Changelog:
  • March, 2022 Security Patch.
  • Security string not bumped (Uses January, 2022)

Important Notes:
  3. Some apps like Yono SBI, Yono SBI Lite, etc still doesn't work or detect root. Even Magisk Hide won't help, due to the security implemented into the apps.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
About the WhatsApp Voice Message problem. Do you people flash OpenGApps? for some reason, OpenGApps are kinda bugged for some roms, i recommend to use MindTheGapps to check if that solves the problem, two times i flashed OpenGApps with Google App included, the bug extended to Telegram and Facebook Messenger too.

andrescm

Mar 11, 2013
Buenos Aires
About the WhatsApp Voice Message problem. Do you people flash OpenGApps? for some reason, OpenGApps are kinda bugged for some roms, i recommend to use MindTheGapps to check if that solves the problem, two times i flashed OpenGApps with Google App included, the bug extended to Telegram and Facebook Messenger too.

Can you confirm voice messaging works using MindTheGapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best rom ive tested for the G4. Hands Down. No competition. feels just as stable as stock rom but faster, 64 bit support, and up to date. Not asking for eta, but is this rom still supported? i cant find any other roms for the G4 that are still supported with recent security updates. i realize that google isn't releasing security string updates for pie anymore but patches would be great! EDIT: unable to find a single bug. Phenomenal job!
    New Build 20220619

Download:

arm

Changelog:
    • June, 2022 Security Patch.
    • Security string not bumped (Uses January, 2022)

Important Notes:
    3. Some apps like Yono SBI, Yono SBI Lite, etc still doesn't work or detect root. Even Magisk Hide won't help, due to the security implemented into the apps.

Will try this if i face issue in future. Ty :)
    You're welcome, i'm glad to help
    Interesting how gapps results vary for people. Maybe it depends on where you live or something like that because opengapps pico arm64 works perfectly for me.
    Interesting how gapps results vary for people. Maybe it depends on where you live or something like that because opengapps pico arm64 works perfectly for me.
    I think that too, but it varies too depending on Moto G4/Plus version and on the ROM in some cases, in my case (Moto G4 xt1621), OpenGApps works good for me, but i have to install an version from months ago because of some bugs, especially since i have to wait until Play Store updates itself to see if there are updates for apps
    *** DO NOT FORGET TO READ 2nd POST ***

2nvvwk4.png

Code:
    [B]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/B]

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on GOOGLE AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.​

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Shreesha Murthy
    Brett Montague
    Sri Harsha​

Latest Downloads:

ROM
    OpenGapps
    (ARM64 9.0, Pico or Nano only)

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google
    Dirty Unicorns
    Ground Zero ROMs
    AICP
    ABC Rom
    Screwd
    Omni
    Krexus
    Cyanogenmod
    LineageOS
    SlimRoms
    ChainFire (SuperSU)
    Beanstown106
    mTresk
    nathanchance
    Cory Collins
    Sultanxda
    flar2
    francisofranco
    ---------
    Vache, Silesh, Rahul and Shreps for kick starting the initial development
    Nikit and Golden-guy for bringing up and maintaining oreo
    Lyuu for bringing up pie device and vendor sources for 64bit
    Rujhan, Manish, Szymon, CMKdaGreatest, Robert, Heeth for testing and feedbacks
    Any others i may have forgotten

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    lCrD512
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-07-23

Created 2019-01-14
    Last Updated 2019-10-20
    /* New build added */

AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-athene-20190615: (~514 MB)
    • Merged in June 2019 Security Patches
    • OTA support: Future updates will be notified via updater app
    • Substratum rootless OMS support for pie
    • Update kernel to release 14 (detail changelog for this will be posted later on kernel thread)
    • Added some android Q UI elements
    • Tint "It's" text on Q Clock based on wallpaper primary color. Fallsback to system accent if wallpaper's primary color cannot be determined
    • Translation import and fixes
    • Stop USB debugging window from being dismissed when tapping outside the dialog
    • Add an advanced location tile to cycle through battery saving, device only and High Accuracy modes
    • Add big circle battery
    • Add old signal icon support
    • Add deep sleep info to Uptime
    • All other upstream changes from AOSiP since last update

Credits: Huge thanks to the testers, Jakob, Rujhan, Robert, Manish for their continuous feedbacks and making this release possible.
    NOTES

• Do not flash LoonyKernel. Rom already ships with LK along with LK tweaks. If there's a kernel update, I'll separately post kernel update zips for my AOSiP builds.
    • Recommended TWRP: Download [Thanks to Lyuu]
    • Recommended OpenGapps Package are Pico and Nano. Users may go for Micro if they want pixel launcher. Any other higher packages is not recommended and may unnecessarily use more memory.
    • Spectrum support is inbuilt so you just have to install spectrum app from play store to switch b/w different modes depending on the task/activity you are doing.

What's not working
    • SELinux (Disabled for now)
    • FM radio does not work
    • Video recording (Use open camera or asus camera)
    • In-built camera of some social media apps does not work (e.g. whatsapp)
    • Flashlight QS toggle (chop gesture works)
    • If any other you encounter please report with proper logs
    When will you update the rom
    I'll update soon. My work profile doesn't spare me much free time at financial year ends.. professional commitments.
    /* 11 March, New build added */

Changes for AOSiP-9.0_r34: AOSiP-9.0-Pizza-athene-20190310.zip
    • March security updates merged
    • Sync with latest AOSiP source changes (check gerrit)
    • Update brightness overlays. Minimum brightness should be fine now.
    • Improved spectrum gaming and battery mode
    • Added more network modes (3g, lte, gsm etc.)
    • Add toggle to disable sim
    • Integrate custom FP sensor gestures to LineageActions (Settings->System->MotoActions). No need to flash fp-patch now.
    • Cleanup and update lock screen charging info. Few language strings have been updated accordingly.
    • Kernel updated to release 13:
      • Switch to Lineage's version of sdFAT and apply some v3.10 upstream patches which were left as the driver was never part of mainline.
      • Revised and nuked lot of unwanted kernel patches.
      • Cleanup and fixed some minor moto derps.
    REMINDER: Flash recommended opengapps package, read post#2 for more details.