• Install DarkSide's super wipe from SD card - download
  • Install zip from SD card
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Downloads:

2.8.10.42 - download MD5: 5c68103a2401da933022d263f94257db

Previous Builds

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
  • Miui Weather adapted for North America use so widgets will no longer complain about about missing this apk - 9/2/2012
  • MountService taken from Vibrant MIUI.us to support mounting both internal and external storage via USB - 9/1/2012 Eugene373
  • Updated RIL for call, data, and sound fixes - 9/1/2012 Eugene373
  • Adding new contacts fixed - Did this one while chatting it up with Eugene373
  • Sound quality fixed - Thanks go to Eugene373 for looking out for the community and contributing this fix
  • Charging animation - Another fix provided by Eugene373
  • Fixed internal and external storage so that gallery and music now see both - 5/26/2012
  • Updated to MIUI 2.5.18
  • Fixed issue with themes not applying - 5/17/2012
  • Fixed graphical glitches - 5/16/2012
  • First release - 5/16/2012
MIUI Changelog

If you have any questions or need some help with the ROM, please feel free to join our IRC channel #miui-us on Freenode

BUGS/ISSUES:
Found a bug or have an issue with the functionality of this ROM? Head on over to http://bugs.scheffsblend.com/describecomponents.cgi?product=MIUIUS-HERCULES-ICS and see if the bug or issue exists and if not please feel free to file a new bug with the bug tracker. This is the best way to have the issue officially documented and for myself to keep track of known issues as they occur.

If you are looking for an Jellybean based MIUI please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31167936

Last edited:

0xD34D

Feb 7, 2009
San Diego
I just recently got all the telephony framework playing nice with miui and have not had a chance to give this a full day's run but from what I have seen it is quite stable and should cause no issues using this as a daily driver.

I have noticed some minor graphical glitches in some apps, especially when rotating the device but nothing that is too severe. Please keep your messages to specific questions, issues or comments about this ROM. If you have general questions about MIUI then you should seek out the appropriate forum for that discussion.

Last edited:

marcgo

Feb 4, 2010
I have been waiting for this since I first installed MIUI on my Nexus One. Sadly, I'm leaving for vacation today with little/no wifi or cell access for 3 weeks. oh well... downloading now. ;)

Craigh83

Aug 17, 2010
Seattle
What is the file size of this rom? I want to make sure I got a successful download before I flash

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

0xD34D

Feb 7, 2009
San Diego

std396

Jan 11, 2009
LAS VEGAS
Im Gona Cry!!!

This is the greatest day of my life!!! Hey How is GPS lock on this, and what radio should we use?

mainevent3405

Dec 1, 2008
Atlanta
Theme chooser works. If you look at the screenshots in my OP you will see I tried out a Transformers theme :). Right now there are very few v4 themes. Most of the themes were made for GB MIUI so not all elements theme correctly. Here's one that I know of that does theme just about everything http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?19959

Cool. There are quite a few v4 themes out there. Just wondering if they'd work with this rom. I can post links to a few sites that have them if you wish. So the soft keys don't light up at all? The kernel for this is your own as well or can we use one of our own liking?

Wow, I got my 1000th post in your thread! I'm on here WAAAAAY too much! lol.

mainevent3405

Dec 1, 2008
Atlanta
This is the greatest day of my life!!! Hey How is GPS lock on this, and what radio should we use?

I concur. I've been WAITING for a Miui rom that was really stable (tried eugenes but not quite there yet). That this is ICS based makes it that much better (once it's truly stable enough to be a DD, if it's not already)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4 2.8.10.42 For T-Mobile SGS 2

Installation Instructions:

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Factory reset device
    • Install DarkSide's super wipe from SD card - download
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Downloads:

2.8.10.42 - download MD5: 5c68103a2401da933022d263f94257db

Previous Builds

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
    • Miui Weather adapted for North America use so widgets will no longer complain about about missing this apk - 9/2/2012
    • MountService taken from Vibrant MIUI.us to support mounting both internal and external storage via USB - 9/1/2012 Eugene373
    • Updated RIL for call, data, and sound fixes - 9/1/2012 Eugene373
    • Adding new contacts fixed - Did this one while chatting it up with Eugene373
    • Sound quality fixed - Thanks go to Eugene373 for looking out for the community and contributing this fix
    • Charging animation - Another fix provided by Eugene373
    • Fixed internal and external storage so that gallery and music now see both - 5/26/2012
    • Updated to MIUI 2.5.18
    • Fixed issue with themes not applying - 5/17/2012
    • Fixed graphical glitches - 5/16/2012
    • First release - 5/16/2012
    MIUI Changelog

If you have any questions or need some help with the ROM, please feel free to join our IRC channel #miui-us on Freenode

BUGS/ISSUES:
    Found a bug or have an issue with the functionality of this ROM? Head on over to http://bugs.scheffsblend.com/describecomponents.cgi?product=MIUIUS-HERCULES-ICS and see if the bug or issue exists and if not please feel free to file a new bug with the bug tracker. This is the best way to have the issue officially documented and for myself to keep track of known issues as they occur.

If you are looking for an Jellybean based MIUI please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31167936
    I wish Eugene was still around he probably would cause he gave us Miui Gb And Cm7 but havent herd From him in forever

Count me in, as I hate doing what everyone else is doing...

I'll start work on it Saturday or Sunday pending if I can talk the wife into letting me get a Case of Beer.. lol....

but yeah I've been gone for about a month now without working on Android.

~Eugene
    so far after a minor few things changed...

Theme ( Easy Fix ).
    Low sound quality ( Other end volume is low, but no under water sound ).
    Adding Contacts FC.

Looking for more bugs atm though..

~Eugene
    found the issue with contacts fc problem.. It's an issue in the frameworks.jar regarding the telephony..

Digging into it now & hoping to have it fixed today.
    also, I had the charging bug when turned off, so I got that fixed as well... Not saying everyone had it, but I did & went ahead and fixed it.

~Eugene
    2.8.10 Updated

I'd say Eugene373 is psychic for knowing a release was imminent but I don't think anyone would buy that based on his posting my twitter update :p

So here goes. We managed to knock out a few issues in 2.8.10 (most of those by Eugene373) and I've updated the OP with a link to 2.8.10 which I recently uploaded to roms.miui.us. If you are on 2.8.10, then you can download this update, clear dalvik-cache and flash away. It's working quite well and incorporates the goodies provided by Eugene373 and some minor stuff I fixed (namely adding contacts).

It's times like these you all should be proud to be part of the Android community. People coming together and working out problems to provide a better experience to the end user. Enjoy the update and feel free to PM me if you ever have a problem. I tend to notice those more so than going through all the threads I have here.

P.S. There will not be a 2.8.24 yet. As of 2.8.17, MIUI has made the jump to a Jellybean based ROM. The device I used as a base is one of those devices so it will be time to move on to tackling that one soon. In the meantime 2.8.10 will get some more attention as issues get fixed.

Again, thanks to Eugene373 and the android community as a whole.