[ROM][9][2019-12-13] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 16.0 for ASUS MeMO Pad 7 (ME176C(X))

Search This thread

xayc92

May 31, 2021
Angarsk
vk.com
Screenshot_20210608-175732_.png
Screenshot_20210608-175748_.png

boogerlad

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks! However, I can't even get through the first boot gapps setup process. It crashes when asking me to sign in, and then I'm stuck in a loop. Are you saying I should flash LineageOS first, install the APK, switch webview via developer options, then flash gapps?

nixcamic

Dec 16, 2013
Hey now that the camera HAL is back in mainline Linux, is there any chance of getting a rom with working Camera?

dusopn

Jun 10, 2016
Hello, I too have two issues. First as reported, crashing when trying to sign into the google account. Installing and selecting correct webview apk as mentioned before, sorted this. However, second issue also reported is that the whole device is not smooth, its like refresh rate around 15 fps. So I decided to try older LOS 14, this makes the device smooth too. Weird.

ruppertf

Mar 3, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm not a full newb just super rusty...Need some guidance please.
I followed the instructions and got lineage-16.0-20191213-UNOFFICIAL-me176c-signed installed on my K013C but it just boots to the green Android symbol then the Lineageos boot animation then to the Android, Charger, Fastboot, Recovery, Reboot Into Firmware Interface , Reboot Into Rescue Mode, and Power Off menu. I booted back into twrp-3-3-1 and reset, then advanced wipe everything except the APD (ASUS Product Demo)" partition and my ext sdcard and installed lineage-16.0-20190922-UNOFFICIAL-me176c-signed only to be brought to the same Lineageos option menu as stated above. What have I done incorrectly? Much appreciate the support and help.

ruppertf

Mar 3, 2016
Thank you for you reply @ruchri I was under the impression that the (X) in the OP was for all variants of the ME176C(X) what ever they may be A-Z.

ruppertf

Mar 3, 2016
Can someone help me restore the table as of now it says EFILINUX EROR [Start_boot_logoc:498] No valid target found, Fallbacking to MOS

I followed this guide here youtube.com/watch?v=C8Y9pybocPA and the update failed to reinstall the original firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

About this project

This is not a regular ROM. Usually, ROMs are based on certain components provided by the vendor (e.g. the heavily modified kernel and certain proprietary components). In contrast, this ROM makes use of a largely unmodified mainline Linux kernel together with many open-source components. Only a tiny bit of firmware is taken from the stock ROM.

This has many advantages for security and maintainability, but also means that certain hardware features (e.g. Camera, GPS) are difficult to implement because they require significant effort and a lot of reverse engineering. Nevertheless, this ROM has reached a state where it is very much usable with the majority of functionality implemented.

(See "Development" in the GitHub README for a more technical introduction...)

New features
    • Android 9 (LineageOS 16.0) with latest security patches
    • Linux 4.19 kernel
    • Meltdown, Spectre, RIDL, Fallout, ... fixes
    • Vulkan graphics (experimental)
    • Less/no bloatware
    • Full backlight control (allows much lower brightness)
    • F2FS (with a compatible recovery)
    • Signature spoofing (allows using MicroG instead of proprietary Google Play Services)
    • WireGuard
    Tested features
    • Display, Backlight control
    • Graphics (OpenGL etc)
    • Touchscreen
    • WiFi, Bluetooth
    • Audio: Speaker, Headphones, Microphone
    • Battery, Charging
    • Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer
    • Internal Storage/External Storage (SD Card)
    • USB, USB-OTG
    • Hardware video accelerated codecs
    Planned features (not working yet)
    • Suspend/Deep sleep states
    Not planned
    FAQ
    • How is the battery live? Screen-on time is probably similar if not longer, but there is a lot of battery drain in standby mode (even worse than on the ASUS system). I recommend that you turn off the tablet when you're not using it.
    • How do I obtain root access? There are various ways, but the recommended way for LineageOS is to flash addonsu. (Available below.) However, note that this will break SafetyNet. Use Magisk alternatively.
    • Can I use Netflix with this ROM? Yes, although you will need to build and flash the Widevine DRM addon manually (see below).
    Installation

Preparation

1. Make sure you are running Android Lollipop (5.0).
    2. You need an unlocked bootloader. LineageOS 16.0 requires me176c-bootstrap 0.3.0, included in me176c-boot 0.3.0. (The old "Intel" bootloader is no longer supported.)
    3. Install TWRP
    4. Make a full backup of the ASUS system. You may want to go back to it.
    5. Do a full factory reset. Wipe data and cache partitions.
    6. Install the main system using the flashable ZIP below.
    7. If needed, install additional addons not included with the main system (see below).
    Download
    Addons

There are various packages you can flash for additional functionality. Most of them are proprietary. All addons persist during LineageOS updates, so you do not need to flash them again after updating.
    *Houdini/Widevine: I do not provide pre-built ZIPs for those two addons. (See this post for more information.)
    They can be built easily on any Linux distribution using android_vendor_google_chromeos-x86. Takes just a few minutes (depending on your download speed). No development experience or Android source code required.

If you are unable to build it, someone else may share a build with you. In that case, you can verify its integrity using the SHA-1 checksums available in the release notes.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial LineageOS for ASUS MeMO Pad 7 (ME176C(X)), ROM for the Asus MeMO Pad 7

Contributors
    lambdadroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/me176c-dev

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: me176c-boot(strap) 0.3.0+
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-05-12
    Last Updated 2019-12-13
    LineageOS 16.0 (2019-07-07)

• Android security patch level: July 5, 2019
    • Updates: Linux (4.19.49 -> 4.19.57), Mesa (19.0.6 -> 19.1.1)
    Download: lineage-16.0-20190707-UNOFFICIAL-me176c-signed.zip
    LineageOS 16.0 (2019-12-13)

Addons
    Download: lineage-16.0-20191213-UNOFFICIAL-me176c-signed.zip
    LineageOS 16.0 (2019-06-09)

Security Advisory
    • Android security patch level: June 5, 2019
    • Added mitigation and CPU microcode update for:
      • CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12130, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2019-11091
      • aka Zombieload, RIDL, Fallout, MDS, … so many names, sigh
    Changelog
    • Enabled MPEG2 video codecs (including hardware acceleration)
    • Fixed warning: "There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details."
      • Flashing "vfp-fix-lineage-16.0-me176c-signed.zip" is no longer necessary
    • Updates: Linux (4.19.42 -> 4.19.49), Mesa (19.0.4 -> 19.0.6)
    Addons
    • CPU Microcode addon is now obsolete, since CPU microcode updates are included by default again.
      • Re-install me176c-boot if you have been using it.
    • Widevine/Houdini: Updated to 11895.118.0_nocturne
      • There are now simplified build instructions in BUILDING.md
    Download
    LineageOS 16.0 (2019-08-19)

• Android security patch level: August 5, 2019
    • Use WiFi firmware from stock ROM
    • Add LineageOS power profiles
      • The default setting disables the turbo frequencies of the CPU to reduce heat (like on LineageOS 14.1).
      • The old behavior of LineageOS 16.0 (turbo on) can be restored by setting the power profile to "Quick".
    • Updates: Linux (4.19.57 -> 4.19.68), Mesa (19.1.1 -> 19.1.4), MediaSDK (2019 Q1 -> 19.2.1)
    Download: lineage-16.0-20190819-UNOFFICIAL-me176c-signed.zip