[ROM][9/24][VZW] - CleanROM 1.0 -★| Lean and Clean! | The way it should be! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer

CR-G2-1.0.png

ROM is only for Verizon branded phones. It will not work on any other variant!

about.png

• CleanROM is an all inclusive ROM designed with you in mind!
  • CleanROM is based on the latest VZW 4.2.2 ROM Base and is Odex!
  • CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a CLEAN stock ROM experience that demand performance and expect stability!

features.png

• Pre-Rooted with Latest SuperSU
  • Ultra De-Bloated (Most Google and Verizon Apps are Gone)
  • Maintains all LG Features and most LG Apps
  • LG Browser
  • Hot Spot hacked
  • Zip Aligned
  • Busybox
  • init.d support
  • Performance and Battery Enhancements
  • GPU Rendering
  • Apps: Quick Reboot
  • Non flashable remove apps can be downloaded HERE.

installation.png

• Must have latest twrp installed!
  • Copy ROM to storage
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Factory reset (highly recommended)
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot to System
  • Profit!

thanks.png

• An anonymous donator, Chainfire, DSI XDA, djrbliss!

Last edited:

Scott

General Info
  • Highly de-bloated and slightly tuned ;)
  • Not many mods, tricks or options right now but that will change in time...
  • Could have bugs, it is just the first iteration. Let me know and I will fix them!
  • It takes a LONG TIME to flash this ROM. Accept it. ITS HUGE! Biggest stock ROM I have ever seen!
  • Wiping in recovery can take near 3 to 5 minutes... Let it go. Dont stop it!

Mod's / Fixes
  • Add Acceroies to the Settings Menu HERE!

Last edited:

Scott

jscharf10

Oct 22, 2010
CLEAN ROM

Thank you for posting this i was just about to go to bed too!!!! oh well looks like it will be a long day at work tomorow.. on a serious not thank you for all of your hard work!

Scott

Thank you for posting this i was just about to go to bed too!!!! oh well looks like it will be a long day at work tomorow.. on a serious not thank you for all of your hard work!

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar

Hope you both enjoy!

Guess ill go get some beer while this is flashing :highfive:

Edit: Nice boot animation is this leaked from the Nexus 5?

Actually, its from the Google Play Edition HTC One / Samsung S4

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
Thanks Scott. I have been waiting for this and i knew you would come through for us. I can't believe how big the rom is. I having been using your roms forever and yea htc has a monster here but I'm sure its worth it. i hope everyone else donates also as you are one of the best and most well respected devs on xda. keep doing what you do. thanks again.

Scott

Thanks Scott. I have been waiting for this and i knew you would come through for us. I can't believe how big the rom is. I having been using your roms forever and yea htc has a monster here but I'm sure its worth it. i hope everyone else donates also as you are one of the best and most well respected devs on xda. keep doing what you do. thanks again.

Thank you sir!

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010

Gonna be another hour for the download to finish. tired tomorrow for sure but thats what the extra large iced coffee at mcdonalds is for lol. im downloading the extras zip also as my biggest concern is the verizon backup assistant as i have alot of work contacts that i need to sync. for whatever reason trying to restore contacts from my gmail account doesnt seem to ever work properly. i assume i can do that either through the rom or the extras zip

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
Nm, apparently Wiping takes a little bit lol

Last edited:

Scott

Gonna be another hour for the download to finish. tired tomorrow for sure but thats what the extra large iced coffee at mcdonalds is for lol. im downloading the extras zip also as my biggest concern is the verizon backup assistant as i have alot of work contacts that i need to sync. for whatever reason trying to restore contacts from my gmail account doesnt seem to ever work properly. i assume i can do that either through the rom or the extras zip

I left VVM and Back Up Assistant in the ROM actually.

How long does Wiping in Recovery take? Not sure its me but think it might be freezing on me
(cache is the one that is hanging)

It can take a while... I have sen some people report over 5 minutes. Mine is anywhere from 3 to 5.

Reactions: bckrupps

Walter21026

Nov 15, 2012
San Antonio, texas
How long does Wiping in Recovery take? Not sure its me but think it might be freezing on me
(cache is the one that is hanging)

Takes about 4-5 min, at least on my end, let it run its course.

I been messing with this ROM for almost an hour now and I cant seem to encounter any bugs so far, Ive tested every setting i could think of to look for bugs but it seems to be good on my end. Just wanted to let you know Scott its clean here so far.

Last edited:

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
I left VVM and Back Up Assistant in the ROM actually.

It can take a while... I have sen some people report over 5 minutes. Mine is anywhere from 3 to 5.

thank god. thanks. one last thing i seen on another thread that someone posted a mod to increase the speaker volume slightly by modding the numbers. i believe the default was 60 but dont quote me on that. changing permissions and such is one of the few things out of my comfort level. would you ever consider a flashable zip or a rom with a slightly updated bump in these numbers based on testing for those of us looking for an easier way. it would be nice to have the stock speaker safely but slightly louder. i have done all kinds of mods on android but i have a mac and things like this just are not that easy without a windows computer.

Scott

Takes about 4-5 min, at least on my end, let it run its course.

I been messing with this ROM for almost an hour now and I cant seem to encounter any bugs so far, Ive tested every setting i could think of to look for bugs but it seems to be good on my end. Just wanted to let you know Scott its clean here so far.

Yeah, the wiping is just crazy!

I had a few people check it out before I posted it but thats not to say they could find every little thing. jspradling7 caught the only bug known so far and I fixed that on this upload (over the beta)

BUt yeah, let me know because I could not test everything... The verizon kernel and modules are just wierd. The touch panel is 90 degrees out of whack so when I held my AT&T Phone horizontal the display would go portait and when held portait it would go horizontal... Needless to say I could eventually disable screen rotaion but when it came to radio related stuff I couldn't really test it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CR-G2-1.0.png

ROM is only for Verizon branded phones. It will not work on any other variant!

about.png

• CleanROM is an all inclusive ROM designed with you in mind!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest VZW 4.2.2 ROM Base and is Odex!
    • CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a CLEAN stock ROM experience that demand performance and expect stability!

features.png

• Pre-Rooted with Latest SuperSU
    • Ultra De-Bloated (Most Google and Verizon Apps are Gone)
    • Maintains all LG Features and most LG Apps
    • LG Browser
    • Hot Spot hacked
    • Zip Aligned
    • Busybox
    • init.d support
    • Performance and Battery Enhancements
    • GPU Rendering
    • Apps: Quick Reboot
    • Non flashable remove apps can be downloaded HERE.

installation.png

• Must have latest twrp installed!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Factory reset (highly recommended)
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

thanks.png

• An anonymous donator, Chainfire, DSI XDA, djrbliss!

Wish there was another mirror...during to try this ROM...

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

here ya go http://www.mediafire.com/download/f8twle4mefl9mqb/VZW-CleanROM-1.0.zip
    no point in people going without when the link is dead.

md5: 9E1BB4D97999B602F1C422198C543DC3
    General Info
    • Highly de-bloated and slightly tuned ;)
    • Not many mods, tricks or options right now but that will change in time...
    • Could have bugs, it is just the first iteration. Let me know and I will fix them!
    • It takes a LONG TIME to flash this ROM. Accept it. ITS HUGE! Biggest stock ROM I have ever seen!
    • Wiping in recovery can take near 3 to 5 minutes... Let it go. Dont stop it!

Mod's / Fixes
    • Add Acceroies to the Settings Menu HERE!
    TIP: For faster Wipes go into TWRP settings and choose the option for "rm -f instead of formatting"!

MUCH faster!
    I was able to get the Korean update working on our phones! :highfive:

It requires a lot of clean up as there are TONS of Korean apps. Will take some time before I get it out to the world...

320k11a.png