[ROM][9 MAR]CoreDroid Desire S V2.4|GB 2.3.5|SENSE 3.5|SMOOTH|LordMod KERNEL|ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

talktoraj83

Aug 12, 2011
Mumbai
Endymion v2.1...everything other network is working very smooth.Is there a problem

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

is it possible to customize this rom? all i want is to remove a few apps from system and add anothers...

i've also added and edited a lot of missing characters of a font thats its available via the coredroid tweaks app. do you want me to post it here so you can update it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2496007

is it possible to customize this rom? all i want is to remove a few apps from system and add anothers...

i've also added and edited a lot of missing characters of a font thats its available via the coredroid tweaks app. do you want me to post it here so you can update it?

You are welcome to play around with the contents of the ROM zip system/apps as you see fit prior to flashing, just can't promise what will happen if you remove essential apps.

Feel free to have a go. :)

You are welcome to play around with the contents of the ROM zip system/apps as you see fit prior to flashing, just can't promise what will happen if you remove essential apps.

Feel free to have a go. :)

so all i have to do is to open the CoreDroid_MULTI_DEVICE_Sense_3.5_8.3.12_RV.zip\system\app, remove what i dont want and put there what i want? is there a folder limit size? cause i dont know is these apps go into data partition or system...

D

Deleted member 2496007

so all i have to do is to open the CoreDroid_MULTI_DEVICE_Sense_3.5_8.3.12_RV.zip\system\app, remove what i dont want and put there what i want? is there a folder limit size? cause i dont know is these apps go into data partition or system...

Yes that's all you need to do. Again, can't vouch for which are safe to remove. You'll have to do some trial and error there.

Any apk put in the system/app folder should go into the system partition. To find out what size partitions you have, if you are using the latest CWM it should tell you what partition sizes you have for system, data, etc in there. Sorry I do not have my DS to hand so I can't check for you.

Make sure to nandroid backup before experimenting!

Reactions: PlayGhost2
i do a nandroid backup every weekend just in case. i have an exam this weekend so i wont be dooing that know, only after the exam. ill give a try and post here the results. and according to 4ext, if i remember, i have 88mb free on sytem partition. so if i still remove some apps and add anothers, 88mb is enough i think.

other thing. if i want to write some files to sdcard when we flash the rom. is it possible? how do i do it?

D

Deleted member 2496007

i do a nandroid backup every weekend just in case. i have an exam this weekend so i wont be dooing that know, only after the exam. ill give a try and post here the results. and according to 4ext, if i remember, i have 88mb free on sytem partition. so if i still remove some apps and add anothers, 88mb is enough i think.

other thing. if i want to write some files to sdcard when we flash the rom. is it possible? how do i do it?

In 4ext there is an option to mount usb storage if that is what you mean? Otherwise all apks need to be in the zip prior to it being moved to the phone for flashing.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

In 4ext there is an option to mount usb storage if that is what you mean? Otherwise all apks need to be in the zip prior to it being moved to the phone for flashing.

no. what i meant is if its possible for the rom to write to sdcard on 1st start or something... like creating a folder named extras in sdcard after u flash the rom...

D

Deleted member 2496007

no. what i meant is if its possible for the rom to write to sdcard on 1st start or something... like creating a folder named extras in sdcard after u flash the rom...

Quite possibly, but not sure how you'd do it.

D

Deleted member 2496007

can i backup apps using titanium backup and after the rom reflash do a restore so the data from apps are kept? like for games, if i dont want to lose the saves/scores...

Yep. That is the beauty of titanium backup.

can i backup apps using titanium backup and after the rom reflash do a restore so the data from apps are kept? like for games, if i dont want to lose the saves/scores...

It's all benefit of Titanium Backup.
You have two versions: A free and a paid.

I recommend strongly the paid version has only benefits.
I use it since 2010

just to update you guys, if u were curious... i did what i wanted but it didnt go well as i expected. the i removed and were just fine. but when i tried to restore setting using titanium (sms, wireless passwords, etc...) it didnt work. so i did a full restore i started to change the /system on the fly.

so far these are mt changes
Code:
Apps Removed:

Adobe Reader
Polaris Office  (i replaced reader and office with quick office pro)
Rom Manager
Watch

Updated:

gps.conf ("\system\etc" get gps lock in 2-10 sec)
PoloBrushPlus.ttf (Font Polo Brush with more characters suport, edited by me)
System apps updates using titanium batch integrate updates of system apps into ROM

TO Add:
4EXTRecoveryUpdater 2.3.7
Amazon Mobile for Android UK
Backitude for Google Latitude
Barcode Scanner
ClockSync
CurrentWidget
Dolphin HD (Themes: blue, purple; Plugins: Bookmarks to SD, Google Services)
ES Explorer
FON
Font Changer
GPS Essentials
Google Drive (replacing google Docs)
Google Goggles
Google Translate
Metal Detector
Mumble
Network Info II
eBay Android App UK
Prey Anti-Theft
RealCalc Scientific Calculator
Sky Map
WhatsApp Messenger
Wifi Analyzer
Wifi file transfer
ZArchiver

so know im going to add 1 by 1 and see if they work just fine. the apps i removed from system did a titanium backup just in case. and i also have a nandroid backup b4 all the changes...

dilip007

Sep 28, 2010
will you be doing a coredroid version on sense 4 like your doing on the htc one x for the desire s? :)

Patch for the LordClock kernel only for DS

THIS PATCH CONCERN ONLY DESIRE S

Here's a patch that should resolve the LordClock kernel bug (lot of freeze due at the value 1.7mHz, which is high at the boot)
I have tested on my DS before, and it works well.
To do this, you need to flash the zip file via your recovery and reboot your DS.

CoreDroid_MULTI_DEVICE_Sense_3.5_8.3.12_RV_Saga_KernelPatch.zip - Size: 251.73 KB (257770 bytes)
MD5 Sum: 2f5f522e6ad7b98f2243d0c7ecef2a9d

Don't forget to making a nand backup before

Last edited:

lippylion

May 28, 2012
Chesterfield
Really impressed

Just to say that I have flashed this ROM and looks really impressive with the CD tweaks and also the included theme, blue is the colour of choice (mine anyway).

Will test over the next few days and see if I have any problems, looking at the forum don't expect any hopefully. After flashing no problems at all and replaced data was easy with Titanium backup.

Keep up the good work, but please don't leave us with older phones get left behind.:)

D

Deleted member 2496007

Just to say that I have flashed this ROM and looks really impressive with the CD tweaks and also the included theme, blue is the colour of choice (mine anyway).

Will test over the next few days and see if I have any problems, looking at the forum don't expect any hopefully. After flashing no problems at all and replaced data was easy with Titanium backup.

Keep up the good work, but please don't leave us with older phones get left behind.:)

Glad you like it dude. Thanks for your kind words.

Worry not, you will not be left unsupported! :D

Reactions: Sib64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
    This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
    XDA Moderation team
    MOD EDIT: Removed content