• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9 MAR]COREDROID DESIRE Z v1.3 [SENSE 3.5][FAST|SMOOTH] ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sergio76

Apr 25, 2009
Leeds
MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
XDA Moderation team

Last edited by a moderator:

uvt_novice

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Samsung Galaxy S21+

downloads.png

COMING SOON

Edit: question removed...pending...

qpop

Jun 25, 2008
Have you modified the kernel at all? Is your ROM GPL compliant?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755508

I ask because your note about themes seems a little harsh, and also makes me think that your theme is the only thing distinguishing this ROM from any other.

What ROM do you use as base? What customizations do you make? Which kernel do you use? etc. - Are you notifying any developers whose work you have used, and if you have are you going to publicly state this?

DaDoctor

Nov 8, 2008
KC
www.dadoctor.net
I hope that all of this skins does't make the rom laggy. Waiting :)
Skin doesnt make the rom Lag.
i dont care whose the tweaks better id is you work just all we love to play with tweaks and will be beautifull. with tweaks i will love it more plz guys what are you w8ting 4? :)
Will be released when it is ready. Hoping today is the day...
Have you modified the kernel at all? Is your ROM GPL compliant?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755508

I ask because your note about themes seems a little harsh, and also makes me think that your theme is the only thing distinguishing this ROM from any other.

What ROM do you use as base? What customizations do you make? Which kernel do you use? etc. - Are you notifying any developers whose work you have used, and if you have are you going to publicly state this?
Why do you think its harsh? This skin is 100% made by CoreDroid and it has been ripped and distributed 100's of times so no I dont find it harsh, we own it and we deserve the right to say no you cannot rip it even though it still happens daily.
We also do indeed give credit when needed. Please just wait and try the ROM before you start making assumptions. Should be released today if all goes well.

qpop

Jun 25, 2008
Skin doesnt make the rom Lag.

Will be released when it is ready. Hoping today is the day...

Why do you think its harsh? This skin is 100% made by CoreDroid and it has been ripped and distributed 100's of times so no I dont find it harsh, we own it and we deserve the right to say no you cannot rip it even though it still happens daily.
We also do indeed give credit when needed. Please just wait and try the ROM before you start making assumptions. Should be released today if all goes well.

GPL compliance is important. It is a simple yes/no question: Have you modified the kernel or any other aspect of the ROM that is covered by the GPL?

If the answer is yes, then by not providing the source / linking to the original source if unchanged you are in breach of the GPL, and in much the same way as you complain about people ripping your skin, you have taken GPL work and used it, without respect for the rules. If this is the case, again, much the same as your skin, the mods will remove your ROM thread.

Edit: Just to clarify, I have no vested interest in the success or otherwise of this ROM, and I'm not a dev. All the same, I find it irksome for the OP to make such a big deal about their skin being ripped (which is, I guess, a collection of found icons put together anyway), post zero information about the sources of the rest of the ROM.

Last edited:

MarkyG82

Oct 26, 2010
Pulls up chair with a cuppa.

V interested to see how this runs.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using xda premium

Ps. Apologies for the random non dev post. Will edit with a mini review when tested :)

DaDoctor

Nov 8, 2008
KC
www.dadoctor.net
GPL compliance is important. It is a simple yes/no question: Have you modified the kernel or any other aspect of the ROM that is covered by the GPL?

If the answer is yes, then by not providing the source / linking to the original source if unchanged you are in breach of the GPL, and in much the same way as you complain about people ripping your skin, you have taken GPL work and used it, without respect for the rules. If this is the case, again, much the same as your skin, the mods will remove your ROM thread.

Edit: Just to clarify, I have no vested interest in the success or otherwise of this ROM, and I'm not a dev. All the same, I find it irksome for the OP to make such a big deal about their skin being ripped (which is, I guess, a collection of found icons put together anyway), post zero information about the sources of the rest of the ROM.
Jesus christ, Ill tell ya what, when the ROM is released, download it, examine it and report us if anything is ripped. Is that good enough for you????????

Please stop crapping on the thread before we even post the ROM. I dont understand some ppl...

MarkyG82

Oct 26, 2010
If the answer is yes, then by not providing the source / linking to the original source if unchanged you are in breach of the GPL, and in much the same way as you complain about people ripping your skin, you have taken GPL work and used it, without respect for the rules. ...........................(which is, I guess, a collection of found icons put together anyway), post zero information about the sources of the rest of the ROM.

Ever heard of original artwork from a dev team?

As OP has stated, please don't slate a rom before its even posted.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using xda premium

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
Why not wait until the Rom is ready before creating a thread? Never understood why people do this.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

DaDoctor

Nov 8, 2008
KC
www.dadoctor.net
Why not wait until the Rom is ready before creating a thread? Never understood why people do this.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

Simply because we are releasing ROMs for 6 devices today. Between cooking, uploading, updating our site and having a day job and family/kids, this just makes it a bit more manageable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
    This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
    XDA Moderation team
    Happy Flashing :)
    MOD EDIT: Removed content
    CoreDroid'ers,

Today is another lucky day ;) The new version of the ROM is available for download.

This new version brings some CoreDroid Tweaks goodies. Dont waste time, download and check it out urself!

Download MutliDevice CoreDroid ROM

Thanks and happy flashing!
    Today the CoreDroid Team brings to you another update with fixes.

Download Latest CoreDroid ROM

Hope you folks enjoy the builds.
    Doc-