[ROM][9][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for P2

Search This thread

shabab malik

Feb 10, 2012
New Delhi
Does it mean that now it is also compatible with kernel 4.9 like tissot in case they want to switch the kernel?

4.x kernel is possible but i think they have to mod device trees and other things to port it for our device which definately take much time and work. I don't think that any dev is interested in that because 3.x kernel is working fine.

degrus

Apr 29, 2013
Sfax
As you mentionned in title rom is Treble, i tried to flash system gsi and it is stuck on bootlogo.

blofse

Feb 11, 2006
In regards to f2fs, how do I check what my userdata is currently formatted too? Also what partition is userdata? I may have formatted it to ext4 but I can't remember, so I want to check. Can someone spare me some time and advise? Thank you.

medwatt

Oct 26, 2013
@celoxocis, do you know of a way I can test whether my fingerprint sensor hardware is working or has gone bad. The phone is encrypted but I don't see "fingerprint" option under security settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    If you are coming from LineageOS 15.1 with f2fs userdata, you need to format the userdata partition! Read the second post for more information.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on kuntao

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    Open GApps (choose the variant you want. Recommended nano package)

Required TWRP recovery
    twrp-3.2.3-20190209-kuntao.img

Official root addon
    LineageOS Extras

Changelog:
    Changes for kuntao

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS GitLab

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to mikeioannina
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official LineageOS 16.0 for P2, ROM for the Lenovo P2

Contributors
    mikeioannina, highwaystar_ru
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Any version of stock 6.0. Recommended: P2a42_S251_171107_ROW
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-04-13
    Last Updated 2019-06-17
    Hi everyone, it took a bit long but I have started working on lineage 17.1. Things look good so far.
    I fixed a bunch of issues and ship blockers, I am not aware of any big issue so I will be enabling 17.1 nightlies soon so we can get wider testing.
    Upgrade instructions from LineageOS 15.1

Lenovo used a very old version of f2fs which is incompatible with latest f2fs version of 3.18 kernel. In order to keep the device updated with the latest features, it was necessary to upgrade f2fs with the downside of existing users need to format the userdata partition. If you want to keep your userdata, follow these steps. Keep in mind any apps using the keystore will be broken and you will need to clear their app data and set them up from scratch. If you used ext4 for userdata, you can simply upgrade without any breakage.

If you want to keep and migrate your 15.1 data and internal storage contents (only on incoming official builds!):

1. backup userdata in your current TWRP and take an internal storage backup on your PC.
    2. reboot to bootloader
    3. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-20190209-kuntao.img
    4. reboot to recovery by holding vol up + vol down + home + power buttons
    5. main menu -> wipe -> format data
    6. main menu -> reboot -> reboot recovery
    7. flash lineage zip (and gapps/whatever else you want)
    8. restore userdata backup and internal storage backup
    9. delete /data/system/locksettings.db, you will have to set your lockscreen protection again when it boots

If you want a completely clean install just skip steps 1, 8 and 9.
    I tested this process and it worked coming from lineage-15.1 or stock ROM.
    @mikeioannina Thanks for your attempts for keeping this device's ROM development alive.

While ago I saw in gerrit that you have commits about 4.x kernel. Did you succeeded to bring it up?
    And while you are currently working on LOS17, do you promote kuntao to 17?

I never finished 4.9 kernel because it fails too early and I have no real way to debug it. I might look at it in the future when I have more time, but for now 3.18 still works fine.

I will start porting 17.0 to kuntao soon and unless there is some major issue, it will be of course officially supported.