• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][9][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY] CarbonROM | cr-7.0 [oneplus3]

Search This thread

sandeep_kumar

Feb 21, 2017
Indore
Alright folks!

A new build is up on Carbon website. Download it from here:
https://bit.ly/2UX1StZ

You can find the changelog right here: https://carbonrom.org/carbonrom/changelog

Hope you enjoy it. Happy flashing.

-For the record: we're still working on the encryption issue, we're making some progress, it's just taking loger than expected-

Does the ROM support full substratum OMS?
So that I do not need to reboot and enable overlays every time I install substratum theme. Presently I am on different ROM but I was thinking to test it.

sandeep_kumar

Feb 21, 2017
Indore
Installation:
  • Wipe /cache, dalvik, /data, /system
  • Flash CarbonROM zip file
  • Flash GApps zip file
  • Reboot into /system

Notes:
Encryption isn't fully supported yet.
If you wish to flash CarbonROM on an encrypted device you have to decrypt it first (TWRP --> Wipe --> Format Data --> Yes).
You can now proceed to flash CarbonROM.​
Sorry for the inconvenience, it will be fixed soon.
As said encryption is not "fully" supported.
I want to know what is the partial support of encryption? Please let me understand.

zzkW35

Aug 8, 2018
Does the ROM support full substratum OMS?
So that I do not need to reboot and enable overlays every time I install substratum theme. Presently I am on different ROM but I was thinking to test it.
No, it doesn't. The explanation is pretty simple: Substratum development team is asking everyone not release builds with it.

As said encryption is not "fully" supported.
I want to know what is the partial support of encryption? Please let me understand.
The ROM fails to boot if you flash it while being encrypted. But if you flash while decrypted and then encrypt from within CarbonROM settings itself the encryption will succeed -notice that, doing so, the system will have to manually encrypt the device at each boot-.

sandeep_kumar

Feb 21, 2017
Indore
No, it doesn't. The explanation is pretty simple: Substratum development team is asking everyone not release builds with it.

The ROM fails to boot if you flash it while being encrypted. But if you flash while decrypted and then encrypt from within CarbonROM settings itself the encryption will succeed -notice that, doing so, the system will have to manually encrypt the device at each boot-.

"manually encrypt" means I have to again encrypt the device after reboot to system if I wish to do so.
Am I right?

zzkW35

Aug 8, 2018
Alright folks!

https://bit.ly/2VKepq1

P.S.A.:
Encryption should be fully working now, the issue should be finally done, but please, keep in mind that it's still under testing: I would suggest you to take a full backup of your /data and internal storage before messing up with it!
If you choose to proceed, please report and let me know how everything goes.

Click on this link to read the full changelog, we've added many cool things -check out the launcher too :p-

.wojtek

Mar 16, 2008
OnePlus 8T
ASUS ZenFone 8
Alright folks!

P.S.A.:
Encryption should be fully working now, the issue should be finally done, but please, keep in mind that it's still under testing: I would suggest you to take a full backup of your /data and internal storage before messing up with it!

How certain it is that it should work? Worst case scenario - fail to decrypt storage and bootloop? I'm gonna try it during weekend.

Btw. is there an option in Carbon to unlock the device on pin-pad after entering 4 correct numbers without the need to tap on [enter]?

zzkW35

Aug 8, 2018
How certain it is that it should work?
Because we tested it, but still, we didn't try all the kinds of scenarios - for example: we are pretty sure that coming from an encrypted ROM, Carbon flashes nicely or that there is no issues when encrypting the device within the ROM itself; while I have no clue if the encryption password can be successfully changed - hence why I'd like to hear feedbacks form other users.

Worst case scenario - fail to decrypt storage and bootloop?
Worst case you can't access to the system and you'll be forced to perform a format data.

Btw. is there an option in Carbon to unlock the device on pin-pad after entering 4 correct numbers without the need to tap on [enter]?
No.

legendavey

Apr 11, 2016
Because we tested it, but still, we didn't try all the kinds of scenarios - for example: we are pretty sure that coming from an encrypted ROM, Carbon flashes nicely or that there is no issues when encrypting the device within the ROM itself; while I have no clue if the encryption password can be successfully changed - hence why I'd like to hear feedbacks form other users.

Worst case you can't access to the system and you'll be forced to perform a format data.

No.

Encrypting from within Carbon works for me. Changing password after encryption works for me.

If someone could test flashing Carbon over an encrypted OOS/LOS install, would be great. Then @zzkW35 can put the encryption issue to rest. :)

zzkW35

Aug 8, 2018
Encrypting from within Carbon works for me. Changing password after encryption works for me.

If someone could test flashing Carbon over an encrypted OOS/LOS install, would be great. Then @zzkW35 can put the encryption issue to rest. :)

Yes, main thing I'd still need to understand is the password change after a flash over an encrypted ROM.
A normal flash over encrypted LOS (or whatever) works fine.

sandeep_kumar

Feb 21, 2017
Indore
9.0.2 stable OTA is out for oxygen OS and I have installed carbon ROM latest build first time on my device after testing various 9.0 ROMs.
Here is my initial impression regarding the ROM:
1) Performance is very very good. The ROM is pretty stable. I did not find any bug right now.
2) I installed Magkernel which is my favorite and
under clocked the CPU approx. 1500 for upper cluster and approx 1200 for little cluster.
Enabled the touch boost in Kernel Audiuter App so as to increase the frequency while touching the screen.
Set the read ahead in I/O Scheduler to 2048.
After this set up I did not notice any lag while using the phone even if I have under-clocked the CPU pretty much.
And the end result is the outstanding battery back up.
My battery was 41% at night 10:00 pm and in early morning at 6.00 am I was surprised to see the status bar for battery percentage which is still 41%. Amazing sleep mode which is the combo of this amazing ROM with this custom kernel.

Thanks for the Carbon ROM team.

bats000777

Jun 11, 2013
9.0.2 stable OTA is out for oxygen OS and I have installed carbon ROM latest build first time on my device after testing various 9.0 ROMs.
1) Performance is very very good. The ROM is pretty stable. I did not find any bug right now.
under clocked the CPU approx. 1500 for upper cluster and approx 1200 for little cluster.
Enabled the touch boost in Kernel Audiuter App so as to increase the frequency while touching the screen.
After this set up I did not notice any lag while using the phone even if I have under-clocked the CPU pretty much.
My battery was 41% at night 10:00 pm and in early morning at 6.00 am I was surprised to see the status bar for battery percentage which is still 41%. Amazing sleep mode which is the combo of this amazing ROM with this custom kernel.

Does the rom include one hand mode option ?!

mnsiw

Oct 2, 2009

Magkernel? Are you talking about MadKernel? Any specific settings for touch boost.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Requirements:
    Be sure to check the 2nd post, you'll find all the needed info and updates there.

Website
    Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    zzkW35, Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 5.0.8
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-04-11
    Last Updated 2019-04-12
    Alright folks!

https://bit.ly/2UX1StZ

You can find the changelog right here: https://carbonrom.org/carbonrom/changelog

-For the record: we're still working on the encryption issue, we're making some progress, it's just taking loger than expected-
    Alright folks!

P.S.A.:

Click on this link to read the full changelog, we've added many cool things -check out the launcher too :p-

"manually encrypt" means I have to again encrypt the device after reboot to system if I wish to do so.
    Am I right?

No, as I said, the system gets encrypted by itself.
    But that's not a problem anymore, we solved the issue, encryption is finally fully supported.
    Installation:
    • Wipe /cache, dalvik, /data, /system
    • Flash CarbonROM zip file
    • Flash GApps zip file
    • Reboot into /system

Notes:
    Encryption support is under testing.