[ROM][9][OneUI] Korea's rom for A5|7 2017

Search This thread

MirXamer

• Nov 29, 2019
    File flashed and second sim data not working
    Share a screenshot if yours is working.....
    Before sharing, I have not tested. I just tested it now. The data does not work for the second sim. A second SIM card has appeared in the application. I thought it would work...(((

cliffyboro

• Oct 4, 2010
    Anyone know why I can't install on a520F? I get ERROR 7 each time I try to install. I have the latest TWRP and I was coming from Pixel Experience android version 10. Trying to install the app from external SD card if that makes a difference?

Jmackley

• Aug 12, 2017
    Anyone know why I can't install on a520F? I get ERROR 7 each time I try to install. I have the latest TWRP and I was coming from Pixel Experience android version 10. Trying to install the app from external SD card if that makes a difference?
    Are you definitely wiping system and data before installation? You could also try redownloading the rom zip idk, it worked absolutely fine for me when i was testing it

cliffyboro

• Oct 4, 2010
    Are you definitely wiping system and data before installation? You could also try redownloading the rom zip idk, it worked absolutely fine for me when i was testing it
    Yeah completely wiped everything before trying to install. Also tried downloading the rom again and that gives the same error.

Below is the log file showing exactly what is failing.

Code:
    Setting Permissions...

ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/usr/share/zoneinfo/tzdata to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
    script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/usr/share/zoneinfo/tzdata to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    I:Legacy property environment disabled.
    I:Install took 62 second(s).
    Error installing zip file '/external_sd/koreas_rom_for_a57_2017_04032021.zip'
    Updating partition details...

Jmackley

• Aug 12, 2017
    Yeah completely wiped everything before trying to install. Also tried downloading the rom again and that gives the same error.

Below is the log file showing exactly what is failing.

Code:
    Setting Permissions...

script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    I:Legacy property environment disabled.
    I:Install took 62 second(s).
    Error installing zip file '/external_sd/koreas_rom_for_a57_2017_04032021.zip'
    Updating partition details...
    Are you using the latest twrp version? That shouldn't cause problems though but could be worth trying an earlier version to see if it works. Have you tried flashing another oneui rom? Is your phone repartitioned for treble (this also shouldn't matter)?

cliffyboro

• Oct 4, 2010
    Are you using the latest twrp version? That shouldn't cause problems though but could be worth trying an earlier version to see if it works. Have you tried flashing another oneui rom? Is your phone repartitioned for treble (this also shouldn't matter)?
    TWRP version is 3.5.1_9.0. The phone was on stock 8 until Friday just gone. Never had been rooted or anything and was still on stock recovery too.

I've not tried another oneui rom but I do have Rise-Q downloaded already, I will try that see if it works.

Phone also does not have the vendor partition either.

EDIT: Well I just flashed RiseQ and it installed perfectly fine. Just waiting for it to first boot.

EDIT 2: So Rise-Q works perfectly upto now so I may just stay with this unless I come across any really terrible bugs.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Simon1511

Jmackley

• Aug 12, 2017
    TWRP version is 3.5.1_9.0. The phone was on stock 8 until Friday just gone. Never had been rooted or anything and was still on stock recovery too.

I've not tried another oneui rom but I do have Rise-Q downloaded already, I will try that see if it works.

Phone also does not have the vendor partition either.

EDIT: Well I just flashed RiseQ and it installed perfectly fine. Just waiting for it to first boot.

EDIT 2: So Rise-Q works perfectly upto now so I may just stay with this unless I come across any really terrible bugs.
    If you're trying rise-q, i would strongly recommend 1.0 over 1.1, since 1.1 has broken gps if that matters for you, although really any further discussion of riseq should happen on its thread rather than here

Last edited:

superdave_x

May 28, 2020
    A5/A7 ROMs will not work on A3 because A5 and A7 have a different SoC to A3, basically assume if it doesn't say a3 is supported then it isn't
    So why it there is in the description?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 21.18.38.png
      Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 21.18.38.png
      159.6 KB · Views: 89

Jmackley

• Aug 12, 2017
    So why it there is in the description?
    That's the name of the forum it's in - A3, A5 and A7 all share the same forum since they are the same series of devices however this doesn't mean that all ROMs support all of them, if you look under supported devices in the description then the only listed devices are the different variants of the A5 and A7

Riskbrreaker

Jan 25, 2021
    What's the difference with OneUI 1.1 apps? and what apps are updated? My A7 is pretty smooth now and i don't know if i should flash those apps and broke something, is it worth it? do i have to do a factory reset or just enter twrp and flash that?

Riskbrreaker

Jan 25, 2021
    Hello, after trying Rise Q and LineageOS, i can say that this rom is the best in performance, optimization, ram managment and camera. Maybe on lineage battery last long but it's a worthy sacrifice. But i'm having an issue with the app "Nearby Service", it keeps crashing and spamming it when i enter on gallery, and i can't disable it. So i want to root my device to uninstall it, can i or it will breake the system? i want to uninstall Samsung browser, chrome, and some other pre-installed apps so i wanna root anyways. Can someone tell me what can't it uninstall to no break the system and the best way to root? Thanks.
    20210407_001733.jpg

Last edited:

TetraSky

Dec 16, 2013
    Oh! There was an update last month? Didn't even notice. Thank you for updating this!

Even if the android security patch level is only December 2020, it's still better than nothing.
    For some reason, TWRP refused to acknowledge DATA. Kept failing. I couldn't even mount the SD card for it to be seen in Windows either, it would work for a few seconds and then Windows would just Lock Up that explorer window until I unplugged the phone from the PC (works fine while in Android itself).
    Had to format Data to EXT2 and back to EXT4. Losing everything in the process but oh well. Not like I had anything on this phone.

Probably the last time I'm updating my A5, currently eyeing the A52 when/if the prices drop a little to at least $400 CAD. I hope it still has Call Recording... I'll miss that feature otherwise.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      [ROM][9][OneUI] Korea's rom for A5|7 2017

As you probably know by now a Korean variant of A7 2017 has recently received firmware update to android 9 and OneUI. I made it working on my international variant and cleaned it up, so I'm sharing with the community.

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

631514592.jpg

ROM Info & Features
      • Based on A720SKSU5CTL2
        • Kernel built from A720S sources
        • Removed forceencrypt and verity
        • Disabled OEM Unlock toggle
        • Prepatched KG. See here
      • Ported features
        • Added support for A5 2017, too
        • Added dual sim functionality
        • Fixed secure folder
      • Debranded and debloated
        • Removed unnecessary preinstalled apps
        • Removed Korean region-related apps and services
        • Removed SKT bootanimation

Supported devices

• SM-A720F
      • SM-A720S
      • SM-A520F
      • SM-A520W
      • SM-A520S/K/L

Bugs
      • Korean base doesn't have full support for all countries (some languages, local features missing etc.).
      • No FMRadio.
      • Second sim slot only works for calls/text.

Installation Steps
      1. Make sure you had Samsung's Oreo firmware bootloader and modem before installing this
      2. Download the rom
      3. Download koreanaddons.zip (optional)
      4. In TWRP format data (if you still have stock rom encryption)
      5. In TWRP wipe system/data/cache
      6. Flash the rom
      7. Flash koreanaddons.zip (optional)
      8. Reboot

Download
      ROM: MEGA | androidfilehost | google drive || koreanaddons

Changelog

• Rebased on A720SKSU5CTL2
        • Updated the kernel drop from A720SKSU5CTL2
        • Slight a5y17lte-only firmware changes
        • Rebased on A720SKSU4CTF2
        • Further debloated - removed unnecessary preinstalled apps
        • Enabled more csc options by default by @George35000vr
        • Fixed screen mirroring
        • Stopped forcing dual-sim prop for all devices
        • Added support for dual sim
        • Fixed secure folder
        • Permissive sepolicy
        • Added support for A5 2017
        • Kernel built from source
        • Fixed settings bug with superfluous options
        • Rebased on A720SKSU4CSK2
        • Initial build
        • A720SKSU3CSH1

Telegram:
      There's a telegram group made by A5|7 users where they hang out. Feel free to check it out.

Special thanks to:
      corsicanu
      de_inferno
      khongloi113
      dvdhngs
      yash92duster
      SuperR
      George35000vr
      Joe

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM][9][OneUI] Korea's rom for A5|7 2017, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

Contributors
      Option58
      Source Code: https://github.com/universal7880/android_kernel_samsung_universal7880

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Samsung oreo bootloader and modem

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2019-09-27
      Last Updated 2021-03-04
      As promised. New build up!

• Rebased on A720SKSU4CTF2
      • Further debloated - removed unnecessary preinstalled apps
      • Enabled more csc options by default by @George35000vr

However, if you still feel like you are missing features it is still recommended to flash an addons zip. So I linked the post above to the OP.
      Reserved

FAQ
      Is it possible to flash stock oreo firmware after using this rom?
      Yes, of course. Flashing this rom doesn't update your bootloader.

Some apps (eg. banking, Netflix) refuse to work.
      Permissive kernel which is shipped in the latest build doesn't pass SafetyNet. Luckily, there are ways to bypass this such as flashing Magisk.

I have A5 2017, but battery capacity shows 3600mAh.
      You can ignore this. That's only in about phone. The kernel knows your true battery capacity.

How to add csc codes
      Korean base doesn't support multi-csc. But we can still unlock region-related features by using special codes. I won't post them here, you should search around xda for the specific one that you need.

For example here I will be adding network speed indicator in the status bar. The code for this is:
      Code:
      <CscFeature_Setting_SupportRealTimeNetworkSpeed>TRUE</CscFeature_Setting_SupportRealTimeNetworkSpeed>
      But you can add something else, too.

You'll need a PC. Steps to take are:
      1. Download THIS zip to your PC.
      2. Extract the zip.
      3. Open system/csc/others.xml with Notepad.

It looks like this:
        Code:
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <SamsungMobileFeature>
          <FeatureSet>
            <CscFeature_Setting_ConfigOpMenuStructure>GLOBAL</CscFeature_Setting_ConfigOpMenuStructure>
          </FeatureSet>
        </SamsungMobileFeature>
        Add your code like below:

Code:
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <SamsungMobileFeature>
          <FeatureSet>
            <CscFeature_Setting_ConfigOpMenuStructure>GLOBAL</CscFeature_Setting_ConfigOpMenuStructure>
            [COLOR="Red"]<CscFeature_Setting_SupportRealTimeNetworkSpeed>TRUE</CscFeature_Setting_SupportRealTimeNetworkSpeed>[/COLOR]
          </FeatureSet>
        </SamsungMobileFeature>
        Code:
      4. Repack the zip.
      5. Copy to your phone and flash.

Now when you go to settings -> status bar you should see the network speed indicator toggle appear. Or any other change that you added.
      New build up! Smaller update.

• Fixed screen mirroring
        • Stopped forcing dual-sim prop for all devices
      Updated the KoreanAddons zip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZMy4iZ2QVa3WpPG_3ujAi9THbcGNfMPV/view?usp=drivesdk

Flash at your own risk!

This should be flashed after flashing the Rom (Preferably after clean rom install).

What does this do?

Adds your country's CSC and could add some features,mods of your choice. By adding the CSC of your country it may enable voLTE and other carrier specific features, voWiFi doesn't work as the Korean Pie Rom does not include voWiFi (WiFi Calling) related stuff.

UPDATE: The previous zip had an issue with the battery cosmetic fix, fixed that. Please redownload.

UPDATE 2: Fixed again, works with the latest rom version.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone