Search This thread

simbanono

Aug 12, 2019
Code:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Installation:
If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first.
If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
If you are coming from the official rom you can dirty flash from the last official lineageos version which is in this case 20200419
If you are coming from LineageOS 15.1 with f2fs userdata, you need to format the userdata partition!
As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

Download link:
Google Drive (Unofficial latest security patch)
Google Drive (Official made by mikeioanna, since its deleted from the official lineageos site, last security patch 2020 May)

This is an unofficial build based on updated LineageOS sources and the same device tree made by mikeioanna and the other contributors, the only difference is that it has the latest security updates which in this case is the January 2021 security update, and I will continue updating this until either android stops security updates for this version, or something major happens that breaks the build.

Is it stable?

Yes, for me it has been, even when dirty flashing from the official rom to this build. Battery life is good and there is no overnight battery drain.

Please dont report bugs even though I havent found any yet as im just posting builds using the updated lineageos sources, and im not an android developer.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

cara7mel

Jan 27, 2021
This is an unofficial build based on updated LineageOS sources and the same device tree made by mikeioanna and the other contributors, the only difference is that it has the latest security updates which in this case is the January 2021 security update, and I will continue updating this until either android stops security updates for this version, or something major happens that breaks the build.

Is it stable?

YES this great ROM for Lenovo P2 is stable, there are no issues and works OK.

Downgraded from Lineage OS 17.1 (20210117) due to high battery usage.

Tested on Los 17.1 vs Los 16.0 (20210201 security update your edition) on a P2a42 with a 4 years old battery...
Config: Similar settings on both Los 17.1 and 16.0, NO gapps, No other apps installed and NO comms (OFF- wi-fi, bt, nfc and data -no sim) SOT 5-10 min only to check settings once; and didn't touch the phone for 24h in both tests.

On Los 17.1 (20210117) battery usage 14% in 24h and on your Los 16.0 only 8% in 24h.
HUGE difference in battery usage, almost half, (estimated stand by time is 14 days!)

@ simbanono
Can you have a look at my post on Lineage OS 17.1 for P2 forum and see what you think about my comments about FMRadio app permisions... on Los 16 vs Los 17.1. Could this permisions cause background CPU load and affect the battery drain?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-10-official-lineageos-17-1-for-p2.4087605/page-54 (post #1075 Jan 27, 2021 at 9:18 PM)

Thanks for your great work for our phone!

Last edited:

simbanono

Aug 12, 2019
I honestly cant tell, im not a developer, im only someone who prefers battery life over features, I wouldnt doubt you about the FM permissions, but I dont know for sure, all I know is that android 9 is still the best for battery life and am just dissapointed that most of the people go on the Android 10 bandwagon when battery life sucks for a phone based all around battery life.

TLDR: the only thing I do is use the latest Lineageos sources using the old device tree from mikeioanna which has worked out so far.

Also heads up: I will build every month (1st of the month) until it becomes too unstable for my liking.

cara7mel

Jan 27, 2021
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I also prefer long battery life over other features and it was one of the main criteria in buying this phone 4 years ago!
Great news I will follow up your example and use your builds, the phone works very well withou any issues so far.

Let's hope that on the new development Lineage os 18 the battery life will be at least as good as Lineage os 16.0.
Maybe there will be a lean and clean build Lineage 18 for testing / debugging without any extra apps such as players/radio etc.

Sutcliffe9

Mar 13, 2014
Leeds
I honestly cant tell, im not a developer, im only someone who prefers battery life over features, I wouldnt doubt you about the FM permissions, but I dont know for sure, all I know is that android 9 is still the best for battery life and am just dissapointed that most of the people go on the Android 10 bandwagon when battery life sucks for a phone based all around battery life.

TLDR: the only thing I do is use the latest Lineageos sources using the old device tree from mikeioanna which has worked out so far.

Also heads up: I will build every month (1st of the month) until it becomes too unstable for my liking.

Sutcliffe9

Mar 13, 2014
Leeds

Has this project been abandoned?

simbanono

Aug 12, 2019
Projects not abandoned and yes I was thinking about doing it every 3 months like you said, since I also dont need the latest security update every month.

cara7mel

Jan 27, 2021
Has anyone noticed that apps slow down after a long time use or is that just me? Need some feedback on that.
Hi,
I use your Feb 1 build for few weeks and I didn't notice any significant / noticeable diference in the phone speed / functionality so far. Battery life is at least as good if not a bit better than last official Los16.1 from April last year. I'm a light user.
Did not run any speed / SoT tests. (such as AnTuTu)

Last edited:

Sutcliffe9

Mar 13, 2014
Leeds
Hi,
I use your Feb 1 build for few weeks and I didn't notice any significant / noticeable diference in the phone speed / functionality so far. Battery life is at least as good if not a bit better than last official Los16.1 from April last year. I'm a light user.
Did not run any speed / SoT tests. (such as AnTuTu)
Is this project dead ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is this project dead ?
    Nope, I will post a new build when I have the time, atleast in may
    Code:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    If you are coming from the official rom you can dirty flash from the last official lineageos version which is in this case 20200419
    If you are coming from LineageOS 15.1 with f2fs userdata, you need to format the userdata partition!
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

Download link:
    Google Drive (Unofficial latest security patch)
    Google Drive (Official made by mikeioanna, since its deleted from the official lineageos site, last security patch 2020 May)

Is it stable?

Yes, for me it has been, even when dirty flashing from the official rom to this build. Battery life is good and there is no overnight battery drain.

Please dont report bugs even though I havent found any yet as im just posting builds using the updated lineageos sources, and im not an android developer.

Is this project dead ?
    Nope, I will post a new build when I have the time, atleast in may
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone