• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][9][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16 [Extended, Built from source]

Search This thread

simbanono

Aug 12, 2019
I will retry tomorrow, I had an error, I dont know why, but probably because I ran out of disk space.

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
00:22:16 ninja failed with: exit status 1

and its 0:26AM as I write this, and trust me I want this build as much as some other people do, but im still a noob when it comes to wsl2

EDIT: Dont use the latest ubuntu build 🤦‍♂️ use 20.04

Last edited:

Cinek1

Sep 10, 2019
I have a weak network signal. It's ok for 15 seconds and then it goes down and the signal goes up again. My phone also does not snooze, it uses up the batteries if I do not use it for several hours, about 5% per day.

Cinek1

Sep 10, 2019
It's just graphical, it doesn't actually loose signal.
I removed unnecessary applications. Dark mode activated (You can also change the dark notification bar and in the menu where the applications are?). I also installed LKT. The battery is brilliant and doesn't use up your battery when you rest. Very good rom, thanks a lot for the makers of the robot.
a friend you recommend camera apps?

PS sorry for my English I from Poland. :D

Sutcliffe9

Mar 13, 2014
Leeds
I removed unnecessary applications. Dark mode activated (You can also change the dark notification bar and in the menu where the applications are?). I also installed LKT. The battery is brilliant and doesn't use up your battery when you rest. Very good rom, thanks a lot for the makers of the robot.
a friend you recommend camera apps?

PS sorry for my English I from Poland. PMGC_7.0.009_HDR_Version_V13.apk

Reactions: Cinek1

matias49

May 12, 2012
Paris
So after achieving a 5h30 SoT on Lineage 18 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...geos-18-1-for-lenovo-p2.4288011/post-85335645) , I wanted to check how much I would get on Los 16.

I decided to build it myself with the July security patch. The build process is straightforward (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kuntao/build) and can take 2-3 hours to set up everything and build the ROM (ofc, if you have experience with Linux, adb and know what you're doing ; also remind that 'you assume all risk of trying this').

As for the use, the same accounts (and apps) were set up as my Los 18 test, to achieve 6h of SoT for a total of 33h since last full charge on Los 16 (5h30 and a 21h since last usage for Los 18). The apps launched were heavier (games), so a more classic SoT will be longer (I think around 7h for my usage)

Night drain is lower than Los18 and the performance is equal. Some apps (e.g., OpenFoodFacts) has an autofocus issue with the camera (the official version also had it).

Screenshot_20210723-161438_Param�tres.png

Screenshot_20210723-161453_Param�tres.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hnsaba

amdyss

Jun 15, 2017
Bialystok
Can't hide software buttons. I hate them🙂Full screen gestures module under magisk, will not install. Any solutions?

Edit- Ok I switched on expanded desktop. It will do.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a great shame because this rom has fantastic battery life, and that is what this phone is all about. 10 & 11 ROMs just kill people's battery and fool them into thinking they need another battery.
    Code:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    If you are coming from the official rom you can dirty flash from the last official lineageos version which is in this case 20200419
    If you are coming from LineageOS 15.1 with f2fs userdata, you need to format the userdata partition!
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

Download link:
    Google Drive (Unofficial latest security patch: 5 april 2021)
    Google Drive (Official made by mikeioanna, since its deleted from the official lineageos site, last security patch 2020 May)

This is an unofficial build based on updated LineageOS sources and the same device tree made by mikeioanna and the other contributors, the only difference is that it has the latest security updates which in this case is the 5 april 2021 security update, and I will continue updating this until either android stops security updates for this version, or something major happens that breaks the build.

Is it stable?

Yes, for me it has been, even when dirty flashing from the official rom to this build. Battery life is good and there is no overnight battery drain.

Last change: 27-4-2021

Please dont report bugs even though I havent found any yet as im just posting builds using the updated lineageos sources, and im not an android developer.
    I honestly cant tell, im not a developer, im only someone who prefers battery life over features, I wouldnt doubt you about the FM permissions, but I dont know for sure, all I know is that android 9 is still the best for battery life and am just dissapointed that most of the people go on the Android 10 bandwagon when battery life sucks for a phone based all around battery life.

TLDR: the only thing I do is use the latest Lineageos sources using the old device tree from mikeioanna which has worked out so far.

Also heads up: I will build every month (1st of the month) until it becomes too unstable for my liking.
    Is this project dead ?
    Nope, I will post a new build when I have the time, atleast in may
    Building now, will post soon.