[ROM][9.x][angler] crDroid v5.7

Search This thread

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 6P, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 19.3.

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

DONATE

XDA:DevDB Information
crDroid 5.7, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
PixelBoot
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-08-19
Last Updated 2019-08-20

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer
A few notes before you proceed:
  • Before going straight to the download section there’s something we would like to tell you. We have changed the default encryption method for the phone, migrating to File-Based Encryption (you can get more information from the official Google documentation page). In order to get this encryption mode working, you will need to use our custom recovery (compiled from the latest source) which is compatible with this encryption and, just for the first time, you will have to wipe your internal data, so backup your data before proceeding.

Last edited:

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer
Installation Instructions:
  • Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
    Through TWRP Recovery:
    Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
    Through Fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
    Through TWRP Recovery:
    Wipe > Format data
    Through Fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.

Last edited:

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
Flashing the rom went fine, however Open Gapps is convinced that this rom is SDK23 and is a mismatch... idk why

EDIT: It also thinks my device is not arm64... not sure whats up with all that

DERP, had to read the posts by Pixel... welp all good now

Last edited:

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
New post because it's been a few hours since flashing

Love the rom, but VoLTE doesn't work on TMO, all advanced calling services appear to be missing(unknown cause) So the device isn't very usable for me now. Sadly

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
New post because it's been a few hours since flashing

Love the rom, but VoLTE doesn't work on TMO, all advanced calling services appear to be missing(unknown cause) So the device isn't very usable for me now. Sadly

Don't expect volte to work on any 9.0 roms. Not sure that's ever been fixed

Reactions: GeTex

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Thanks for the info

Is it working on any 8.1 roms?

Afaik It did? Dunno I never gave / don't give a **** about volte. So I never noticed myself. I can say that I didn't see nearly as many people post about it not working when we were on 8.1

Search through the threads.

Reactions: GeTex

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
Afaik It did? Dunno I never gave / don't give a **** about volte. So I never noticed myself. I can say that I didn't see nearly as many people post about it not working when we were on 8.1

Search through the threads.

Thanks! it's working in crDroid Oreo. I have to have it working since im in an area with VoLTE service only. there currently isn't any 3G/HSPA bands up due to tower modernization. so it's VoLTE and Wifi calling only in my zone right now

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Thanks! it's working in crDroid Oreo. I have to have it working since im in an area with VoLTE service only. there currently isn't any 3G/HSPA bands up due to tower modernization. so it's VoLTE and Wifi calling only in my zone right now

That's really weird and I guess makes sense why people worry about it. I wasn't aware some places offer lte but there's nothing lesser like 3g.

I don't really know much about telecommunications though, and being in the US we had 3g setups years before lte came out

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
That's really weird and I guess makes sense why people worry about it. I wasn't aware some places offer lte but there's nothing lesser like 3g.

I don't really know much about telecommunications though, and being in the US we had 3g setups years before lte came out

Alot of carrier this year are terminating any device that doesn't have advanced calling support by the end of the year to migrate everything to VoLTE, verizon notified me my S3 wouldn't work at the end of Dec because of this, my S5 will(only on the stock rom :'( sadly), and Sprint has already stopped activating any device without at least LTE support since may or something this year.

TMO 1 year ago took down the lower 3G bands here in the area I live and only the LTE bands remain up, however they noted it's band 12 only which as you probably know TMO doesn't allow connections on Band 12 UNLESS a voice and data connection can be established with the device, otherwise you get devices that will roam to Band 12 and all calls will fail outright if it cannot find a 3G connection or 4G HSPA connection.

It's been alot of fun lol.

I have limited understanding of telecommunications but it's not terribly bad

Reactions: Lawlrus

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Alot of carrier this year are terminating any device that doesn't have advanced calling support by the end of the year to migrate everything to VoLTE, verizon notified me my S3 wouldn't work at the end of Dec because of this, my S5 will(only on the stock rom :'( sadly), and Sprint has already stopped activating any device without at least LTE support since may or something this year.

TMO 1 year ago took down the lower 3G bands here in the area I live and only the LTE bands remain up, however they noted it's band 12 only which as you probably know TMO doesn't allow connections on Band 12 UNLESS a voice and data connection can be established with the device, otherwise you get devices that will roam to Band 12 and all calls will fail outright if it cannot find a 3G connection or 4G HSPA connection.

It's been alot of fun lol.

I have limited understanding of telecommunications but it's not terribly bad

Wow I wasn't aware that carriers were droping towers that weren't newer. That's kind of ballsy considering in the US there are tons of areas in butt-f nowhere that at best might get 3g. I'll have to look into this. I switched to att a couple years ago because screw vzw, and I haven't heard anything about this.

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
Wow I wasn't aware that carriers were droping towers that weren't newer. That's kind of ballsy considering in the US there are tons of areas in butt-f nowhere that at best might get 3g. I'll have to look into this. I switched to att a couple years ago because screw vzw, and I haven't heard anything about this.

Here's some info regarding it

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/verizon-to-shut-down-2g-cdma-1x-network-by-end-2019

It largely has to do with making room by using the old frequency bands to expand for 4G and upcoming 5G iirc

Another good link

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/b5fig5/cdma_shutdown_everything_you_need_to_know/

WCDMA is probably one of the worst offenders though

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawlrus

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013

GeTex

Aug 28, 2013
Fallon, NV
Cdma needs nuked. The only reason why Verizon sticks with it is so they can limit what phone choices people have if they don't accept the band.

WCDMA is actually a GSM band over 3G for data. CDMA tech Verizon originally used was the idea that you didn't need a Simcard but instead the device could identify itself, so new customers, byod, ect had the ability to activate without needing to wait to go to a store for a simcard, and the sim couldn't be removed/stolen. Verizon as of late will basically allow activating any device on the network that has proper support for verizon regardless where it came from(major change, remember upto 2013 when if it wasn't verizon branded, they said no, and you were screwed, sprint still does that sadly). GSM had other advantages such as just swapping Sims to move service and ect. LTE is actually a tech based on the GSM standard if i recall so CDMA is going away it seems

EvDO, 1xRTT, EDGE, WCDMA, GPRS all that stuff looks like its gonna go away to make room for LTE and 5G

Reactions: Mr.č_1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Nexus 6P, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash gapps
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 19.3.

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

DONATE

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid 5.7, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-08-19
    Last Updated 2019-08-20
    @PixelBoot you are one busy little bee. Thanks one more time for all your support. Don't know how you manage so much stuff but I do appreciate all your efforts!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    A few notes before you proceed:
    • Before going straight to the download section there’s something we would like to tell you. We have changed the default encryption method for the phone, migrating to File-Based Encryption (you can get more information from the official Google documentation page). In order to get this encryption mode working, you will need to use our custom recovery (compiled from the latest source) which is compatible with this encryption and, just for the first time, you will have to wipe your internal data, so backup your data before proceeding.
    Installation Instructions:
    • Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Wipe > Format data
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.
    Peripherals:
    FBE Recovery: TWRP