[ROM][9.x][arm64][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonROM 7.0

Search This thread

Stayn

Sep 6, 2016
Barquisimeto
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMc8rSh2.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at Github and at Gerrit.

Disclaimer

• Flash and use with your own risk.
  • Please read whole this thread for minimize FAQ

Notice

• Before you flash, backup everything important of your device, then flash the ROM in TWRP.

Bugs

• You tell me (with logs please)

Download and Installing

• Carbon Pie ROM at here
  • Latest arm64GAPPs (Optional, Pico recommended)
  • Wipe system, dalvik/art cache, cache, data partition
  • Flash Carbon Rom and GAPPs throught TWRP.
  • Wipe dalvik/art and cache partition
  • Reboot your device and Enjoy Carbon Rom.

Source tree

Special thanks

• CarbonROM Team
  • Alberto97 for his repos
  • Me

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM for Moto Z Play, ROM for the Moto Z Play

Contributors
Stayn
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

Version Information

Created 2019-05-23
Last Updated 2019-08-10

Last edited:

Stayn

Sep 6, 2016
Barquisimeto
Features added to this ROM:

• Powered by ArtxPlay Kernel
  • Boosted Headphones volume
  • Optimized Shutdown and Restart time (now its 1s - 2s always)
  • Optimizations from Android GO
  • Enabled touch optimizations
  • Enabled PinnerService to keep loaded critical apps into memory
  • (framework, default launcher, default camera, SystemUI...)
  • SystemUI Pre-Optimized
  • And more... :)

Last edited:

Stayn

Sep 6, 2016
Barquisimeto
Changelog:

* 8/10/2019
  • Fixed reboot, sim and other issues
  • Now using ArtxKernel 3.0 (Simplified, clean)
  • Added some settings at boot

* 5/23/2019
  • Initial Release

Last edited:

Dovahkiin1290

Sep 7, 2016
Omg, A new rom!! This morning I flashed AOSP (Xperience was giving me a poor battery life) but I don't care, I must try this one asap!

Thanks for this man. I'll report if anything happens.

Reactions: Stayn

eskimos2000

Jul 3, 2018
Melbourne
Another rom hurray! after so many become closed something new. Could you maybe pick up some Lineage rom and keep going 16 is pretty good?

sebx_g1

Nov 6, 2009
Good to see new rom - only disadvantage for me that it is arm - 32bit :/ . I prefer arm64 roms since I don't have problems with them .

Reactions: Rashad79

KubiGR

Mar 1, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hey,

long time custom rom user but lurking here. It's great that you bring a new ROM for this phone. Everything works great as far as I can tell. No magisk boot or battery problems.

2 very minor things I would like to see fixed/added: 1) Status bar icons don't fit inside the box. Wi-Fi and Auto-Rotate flood and get out of border. Also I remember a settings button being present there without the need to expand the menu. 2) Add touch fingerprint for lock option.

EDIT: Mobile network seems to not work (no access point names?)
EDIT2: Added them manually and everything is fine

Last edited:

FelTell13

Oct 29, 2014
Always great to have a new ROM, thanks!! Unfortunately it's always rebooting into recovery after some few minutes, even without gapps. It even showed the "Shutting Down" system message . Also the ROM didn't find my SIM and I didn't have any mobile network, i would have tried adding access point names if it wasn't for the constant reboots. I have copied logs from recovery, if that is what you wanted I can share with you.

[email protected]

Apr 18, 2016
all good until now only difficulty in the optimization in the camera! presents delays. I can not find the option to wake up and sleep the phone with the fingerprint reader

Last edited:

Stayn

Sep 6, 2016
Barquisimeto
Always great to have a new ROM, thanks!! Unfortunately it's always rebooting into recovery after some few minutes, even without gapps. It even showed the "Shutting Down" system message . Also the ROM didn't find my SIM and I didn't have any mobile network, i would have tried adding access point names if it wasn't for the constant reboots. I have copied logs from recovery, if that is what you wanted I can share with you.

Always provide logs, also, whats your flashing procedure?

Reactions: FelTell13

manfred18

Jul 20, 2014
Thank you for new rom! Will try it :)
Edit: Ok, it reboots to recovery after few minutes. Can't use it by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: FelTell13

enzoplay

May 23, 2019
Very good ROM, no problem so far. Just note that the navbar at times is half, you can not see the complete drawing. The icons in the status bar solve them by shrinking the screen, sorry for my English and thanks

Stayn

Sep 6, 2016
Barquisimeto

Wipe Dalvik,System,data and cache
Install ROM and Gapps
wipe cache and dalvik
reboot
I even tried without gapps and it still turned off.
Here is the logs

Thank you for new rom! Will try it :)
Edit: Ok, it reboots to recovery after few minutes. Can't use it by now.

I had the same problem as him, and no, even without flashing Magisk I still had the reboot...

New update

For you guys and others with sim card problems download the ROM from here or the OP

This build most likely fixes that problem, if not, I'll prepare another solution, thanks :)

sebx_g1

Nov 6, 2009
New update

For you guys and others with sim card problems download the ROM from here or the OP

This build most likely fixes that problem, if not, I'll prepare another solution, thanks :)

Lets see how it works - I am a bit tired with all GSIs ...:silly:

--- Rom boots to desktop then do auto shutdown and return to recovery --- interesting never seen that before ?! (with Magisk 19.2 + gapps nano) .

Clean rom flashed again - it lasted longer before reboot to recovery on desktop - so I manage to see that no sim problem is still there :/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMc8rSh2.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at Github and at Gerrit.

Disclaimer

• Flash and use with your own risk.
    • Please read whole this thread for minimize FAQ

Notice

• Before you flash, backup everything important of your device, then flash the ROM in TWRP.

Bugs

• You tell me (with logs please)

Download and Installing

• Carbon Pie ROM at here
    • Latest arm64GAPPs (Optional, Pico recommended)
    • Wipe system, dalvik/art cache, cache, data partition
    • Flash Carbon Rom and GAPPs throught TWRP.
    • Wipe dalvik/art and cache partition
    • Reboot your device and Enjoy Carbon Rom.

Source tree

Special thanks

• CarbonROM Team
    • Alberto97 for his repos
    • Me

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM for Moto Z Play, ROM for the Moto Z Play

Contributors
    Stayn
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

Version Information

Created 2019-05-23
    Last Updated 2019-08-10
    ROM Update!

Check out the link in the OP for the new build

Notes:

This ROM will now be arm64, sim issues are fixed and it comes with other improvements, kernel is now a simplified version of ArtxPlay(3.0, I would say it is unnecessay to flash ArtxPlay, only if you need a lot of extra features). For those who are using the previous build, don't flash this update over it, now that I changed to arm64 you have to clean flash it, for those which sim didn't work or had other issues, its all fixed.

Enjoy :good:

bootleggers and lineageos are next :>
    Features added to this ROM: