[ROM] [9.x] LineageOS 16.0 Pie Unofficial for Moto G5 Plus (potter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aIeck

Sep 19, 2016
Moto X Play
Moto G5 Plus
I'm using @gothicVI's build from Sept. 21, works great and I love having the System Profiles quick settings tile back!

A couple things not working:

- FM radio
- Moto Actions settings won't open. The gestures themselves (twist for camera, karate chop for flashlight, and I think Do Not Disturb when face down) work, but tapping on the settings menu item or search result doesn't do anything.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Kahtras

Jan 4, 2017
facing issues while on calls. i cannot hear the other person voice but my voice can be heared by the other person. when i make a call there is no dailing tone. The call automatically connects and i cannot hear voice of the person

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

facing issues with calls. i cannot hear dailing tone while making call. when call gets connected i cannot hear other person voice but he can hear what i say. help me

Truck5067

Nov 14, 2019
Adelaide
SafetyNet Android System warning

Thanks for the ROM I have PQ3A 190505 installed. The installation was quite easy and everything looked perfect until I ran the SafetyNet check in Magisk (latest version installed) and the check failed.

So I installed the Safety Patch V3 and got the "Android System There's a problem with your device ..." so I clicked OK. To check it was the patch as I done some other installs mainly apps that need root access (Titanium Backup etc) I removed it via modules in Magisk and the warning vanished. I reinstalled the patch so Google accepts/likes my device.

Is it possible to get rid of the warning or just ignore it?

I hope to subscribe to XDA but there seems to be a problem regarding my IP.

Thanks again.

Kahtras

Jan 4, 2017
Thanks for the ROM I have PQ3A 190505 installed. The installation was quite easy and everything looked perfect until I ran the SafetyNet check in Magisk (latest version installed) and the check failed.

So I installed the Safety Patch V3 and got the "Android System There's a problem with your device ..." so I clicked OK. To check it was the patch as I done some other installs mainly apps that need root access (Titanium Backup etc) I removed it via modules in Magisk and the warning vanished. I reinstalled the patch so Google accepts/likes my device.

Thanks again.
Why u need magisk in the first place. Lineageos provides root zip.

https://download.lineageos.org/extras

jbradshw

Dec 8, 2010
Atlanta
Yeah today there's a good chunk of apps that will refuse to operate if it detects root on your device. Magisk is the only solution to get these apps to work AND have root.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Thanks again.

Back when I was on Lineage 15, I had to use this patch because SafetyNet refused to pass out of the box and I had that same issue. You're just going to have to acknowledge the warning and ignore it. Although after awhile, it would cause my Wifi to suddenly stop working until I disabled the mod so I eventually just left my phone in a state that wouldn't pass SafetyNet.

htsmi

Jul 15, 2016
Dear all,

thx for your work (in particular @coldhans). I was wondering if you could share the manifests you are using for these builds?

I am trying to build lineageos4microg for potter (I am familiar with arch linux but new to building android) and always run into problems. These are the manifests I use:

custom_packages.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="lineageos4microg/android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks" path="prebuilts/prebuiltapks" remote="github" revision="master" />
</manifest>

potter.xml
Code:
<manifest>
  <project name="joelh/android_device_motorola_potter" path="device/motorola/potter" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="joelh/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola/potter" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="joelh/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953" path="kernel/motorola/msm8953" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
</manifest>

This is the build command that I use:

Code:
docker run \
    -e "BRANCH_NAME=lineage-16.0" \
    -e "DEVICE_LIST=potter" \
    -e "INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=false" \
    -e "SIGN_BUILDS=true" \
    -e "SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=restricted" \
    -e "CUSTOM_PACKAGES=GmsCore GsfProxy FakeStore MozillaNlpBackend NominatimNlpBackend FDroid FDroidPrivilegedExtension OpenWeatherMapWeatherProvider" \
    -v "/data/container/lineageos4microg/keys:/srv/keys" \
    -v "/data/container/lineageos4microg/zips:/srv/zips" \
    -v "/data/container/lineageos4microg/devices/potter/lineage-16.0/src:/srv/src" \
    -v "/data/container/lineageos4microg/devices/potter/lineage-16.0/logs:/srv/logs" \
    -v "/data/container/lineageos4microg/devices/potter/lineage-16.0/manifests:/srv/local_manifests" \
    -v "/data/container/lineageos4microg/devices/potter/lineage-16.0/ccache:/srv/ccache" \
    lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd

Thx in advance, any help is appreciated! Best,

Felix

I successfully built with the following potter.xml:
Code:
<manifest>
	<project name="LineageOS/android_external_bson" path="external/bson" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
	<project name="LineageOS/android_system_qcom" path="system/qcom" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
	<project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
	<project name="joelh/android_device_motorola_potter" path="device/motorola/potter" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
	<project name="joelh/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola/potter" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
	<project name="joelh/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953" path="kernel/motorola/msm8953" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
</manifest>

bson probably not necessary. Was required in previous versions. Used the following command:

Code:
docker run \
    -e "SIGN_BUILDS=true" \
    -e "CUSTOM_PACKAGES=GmsCore GsfProxy FakeStore MozillaNlpBackend NominatimNlpBackend com.google.android.maps.jar FDroid FDroidPrivilegedExtension " \
    -v "$1/lineage:/srv/src" \
    -v "$1/zips:/srv/zips" \
    -v "$1/logs:/srv/logs" \
    -v "$1/ccache:/srv/ccache" \
    -v "$1/manifests-potter-16:/srv/local_manifests" \
    -v "$1/keys:/srv/keys" \

Where $1 is my build directory.

In the process of installing it. Will let you know if it actually works.

Update: it's in a boot loop. Shows loading screen for a while then reboots to recovery. Trying a new build and some other ones out there.

Update 2: Apparently joelh on Github has deleted the device, kernel, and vendor repositories. Not sure where to go from here. Only the 2019-08-11 build from @gothicVI will boot for me.

Last edited:

Truck5067

Nov 14, 2019
Adelaide
SafetyNet Android System warning

Code:
<manifest>
	<project name="LineageOS/android_external_bson" path="external/bson" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
	<project name="LineageOS/android_system_qcom" path="system/qcom" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
	<project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
</manifest>

bson probably not necessary. Was required in previous versions. Used the following command:

Code:
docker run \
    -e "SIGN_BUILDS=true" \
    -e "CUSTOM_PACKAGES=GmsCore GsfProxy FakeStore MozillaNlpBackend NominatimNlpBackend com.google.android.maps.jar FDroid FDroidPrivilegedExtension " \

Update: it's in a boot loop. Shows loading screen for a while then reboots to recovery. Trying a new build and some other ones out there.

Update 2: Apparently joelh on Github has deleted the device, kernel, and vendor repositories. Not sure where to go from here. Only the 2019-08-11 build from @gothicVI will boot for me.

I used the following to root my Moto G5 Plus

lineage-16.0-20190508-UNOFFICIAL-potter.zip
open_gapps-arm64-9.0-micro-20191029.zip
Magisk-v20.1.zip

Working very well no faults to date.

Great work !!

Reactions: lex66676

ftschindler

Sep 23, 2019
github.com
Code:
<manifest>
</manifest>

Code:
docker run \
    -e "SIGN_BUILDS=true" \

Thanks for sharing, points me to the missing lines in my manifest. Shame the repos are gone, forgot to fork them. The ones from boulzordev seem to be still active, though...

stark1296

Mar 31, 2018
Flashing without gapps results on bootloop. Is this normal for Lineage?
For now, yes...

If flashing gapps fixes it, then I would say yes.

I believe Android requires the Google Services Framework which flashing gapps provides.
What even
ROMs can boot pretty fine without gapps. What about Chinese 'google-less' devices then, if we follow your way?
Lineage used to boot fine without gapps (like many other ROMs) before they enforced priv-app permissions (and, their hotword permission is rekt, which needs gapps package to fix). Thus, for now, gapps are needed to boot lineage.

badtlc

Jan 28, 2013
KC
I switched from stock Oreo and I am having terrible battery drain when using the device. I'm not sure if the CPU governor is too aggressive or what. anyone else have a similar problem? any suggestions other than going back to an oreo ROM?

Standby power usage is excellent but once I flip the screen on it drains at a ridiculous rate.

badtlc

Jan 28, 2013
KC
I switched from stock Oreo and I am having terrible battery drain when using the device. I'm not sure if the CPU governor is too aggressive or what. anyone else have a similar problem? any suggestions other than going back to an oreo ROM?

Standby power usage is excellent but once I flip the screen on it drains at a ridiculous rate.

Standby power consumption has also worsened now. Google play services tends to have 50%+ battery consumption but I don't know how to fix that. I tried restarting. I tried deleting all data for google play services.

I also tried reflashing with gapps nano. that seemed to make everything work normally with no issues but battery consumption is still much worse than stock oreo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

device tree | kernel | vendor

What's not working :
    • You tell me
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    coldhans, kubersharma, vache
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Oreo

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-05-13

Created 2019-05-11
    Last Updated 2019-06-09
    I made a lineage build with updated device, kernel and vendor.
    Also updated to latest lineage source with july patch included:
    https://gtrcraft.stackstorage.com/s/JyrTShaCRCeLIDqx
    Huge thank you for the builds.

In the meantime I've been trying @gothicVI builds (https://androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=272434) . For now all issues (encryption, boot loop), mentioned in the last few posts, seem to be fixed.
    Thanks great to hear.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) Plus mit Tapatalk