[ROM][9.x][N7105/T0LTE][Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE][BETA] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

raheelyousaf

Nov 28, 2021
Alright, did you come from a last official KK ROM? (I'm asking because of the installed modem)
Did you also try to use 3G only network mode?
LTE still could be more buggy than 3G, I will bring another update soon.
Yes, I came from official KK ROM. No, I have not tried 3G only mode, I will give it a try. Anyway thanks for your awesome work bro. You as well as all the contributors who give their precious time developing these softwares and sharing with plebs like us ;-), appreciate your efforts.

Reactions: html6405

html6405

Recognized Developer
Update 13.12.2021;
  • Synced with latest LineageOS sources (security patch level 05.11.2021)
  • Fixed tethering
  • Replaced mouse cursor with stylus icon -> use mouse cursor for pen now, improves the icon position
  • Made NetGuard support in Kernel
  • Updated OpenCamera and Via browser
  • some RIL fixes

Reactions: loci

Asu0

Aug 19, 2014
Update 13.12.2021;
  • Synced with latest LineageOS sources (security patch level 05.11.2021)
  • Fixed tethering
  • Replaced mouse cursor with stylus icon -> use mouse cursor for pen now, improves the icon position
  • Made NetGuard support in Kernel
  • Updated OpenCamera and Via browser
  • some RIL fixes
Getting, "OOPS! no mirrors found." from Android file host please update link.

Cheers!

sc02e-j

Dec 13, 2021
My device t0lte twrp-3.5.2_9-1-t0lte

lineage-16.0-20211213t0lte update
Cannot power off After shutting down, it will start rebooting

Also, even during charging, it automatically shuts down and starts restarting.
This also occurs with Power off Power on It shuts down and starts restarting.
Power off from TWRP can be done without problems

Actually, the same power problem It also occurs in lineage-18.1-20211209-HTML6405-t0lte

20211001 Ver was stable
Power off problem is from 20211008 Ver Are there any changes from 20211001Ver?

Power Off Is
com.lge.poweroff/system/app/PowerOff.apk disabled?

I'm trying to return to 20211001 Ver once is

sc02e-j

Dec 13, 2021
Power Off
com.lge.poweroff
/system/app/PowerOff.apk

* For example, if you disable it, you can always restart from the logo animation by "turning off the power".

This is the state

html6405

Recognized Developer

sc02e-j

Dec 13, 2021
Thank you for reply
but
lineage-16.0-20211213t0lte
lineage-18.1-20211209t0lte
Another solid
I have two Both cause a power problem as described above

It does not occur in the original ROM,
so I think it is not a button failure.

lineage-16.0-20211213t0lte
It will restart without pressing a button.

lee nomal

Dec 14, 2021
lineage-16.0-20211001-HTML6405-t0lte.zip
Success in obtaining root privileges

lineage-16.0-20211008-HTML6405-t0lte.zip
Failed to acquire root privileges

lineage-16.0-20211213-HTML6405-t0lte.zip
Success in obtaining root privileges, but Root privileges are often revoked.

I gave up on 18.1 and moved on to 16.0.

There is a problem with the rom. I installed the same file on an external hard drive. magisk v23.zip

In one of the above three ROMs, it can be installed, but you cannot get root privileges.

I think 18.1 is the same case.

Asu0

Aug 19, 2014
Update 22.12.2021:
  • Synced with latest LineageOS sources (security bulletin 05.12.2021)
  • Reverted NetGuard support in Kernel, it made it unstable
I hope this fixes your issues.
Man, AFH is really acting up, still getting Oops no mirrors found. I assume it's due to routing I live in Canada BC. Possible to host on a different FH service?

Cheers!

lee nomal

Dec 14, 2021
After rooting, I modified the file little by little.
The compass worked fine for a while.
After reboot the compass died again.
I compared it with the compass of the main phone at the same time.
The app uses GPS testing.
I am attaching the file in case it helps.

Attachments

• 07 2_1GPSFix.zip
    302.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 10 WIDzard_DN4_V2_GPS_PATCH.zip
    13 MB · Views: 2

html6405

Recognized Developer
Man, AFH is really acting up, still getting Oops no mirrors found. I assume it's due to routing I live in Canada BC. Possible to host on a different FH service?

Cheers!
It's also not working at my location at the moment. But there are already 4 downloads.
I have no idea, but maybe AFH is overloaded at the moment.
If it's not regenerating itself, I have to move to another FH service.

lee nomal

Dec 14, 2021
Ok what did you do?
Did your GPS work better with the fix?
07 2_1GPSFix.zip file
All system related replacements
10 In the WIDzard_DN4_V2_GPS_PATCH file
Replaced everything except the framework folder and other folders.

The compass did not work at all, but after the fix, the compass worked normally. Then I rebooted again and the compass didn't work again.

We are currently monitoring the reboot of boot.img uploaded to 18.1 for testing.

html6405

Recognized Developer
The compass did not work at all, but after the fix, the compass worked normally. Then I rebooted again and the compass didn't work again.
Hmm ok I have to retry this by my own if it changes anything, thx.
We are currently monitoring the reboot of boot.img uploaded to 18.1 for testing.
It worked very well yesterday for me, but I recognized that the behaviour is changed after the device was in deep sleep.

sc02e-j

Dec 13, 2021
When I updated from the aircraft to a rooted device, the boot.img that took root went wrong, which affected the power on / off.
Power on / off worked fine when I unrooted and reverted to the original boot.img
On the other hand, the restart loop does not heal naturally during charging.

I put in the original ROM and fixed it
In the case of SC-02E
t0lte Select "Original ROM
Recovery modewipe data / factory reset"
Select "Yes --delete all user data" Initialize
Select "reboot system now" with the power button
In the case of SC-02E t0lte
If you update while rooted, it will affect you.

newhoa

Aug 26, 2014
Hi, thanks for all your work on these ROMs!

I tried to flash your 18.1 ROM but it did not work on my T889 (flashing failed). This 16.0 ROM did flash correctly, and performance and battery life were good.

Unfortunately it has modem crashes sometimes which makes me have to reset the phone often. And also, when I make calls it switches from LTE to the 3G network instead of 4G. After a few days my phone stopped making calls and data stopped working.

I had to call ATT who told me the system automatically disabled my phone because it detected either a non-ATT phone or a phone using the 3G network which they are shutting down next month.

So I'm not sure if there's a way to force 4G only, disable 2G and 3G, or what but just thought I'd mention it in case you or others know of a way.

Oh, and the Camera app is a Google app (with location stuff built in). And location had to be disabled for the web browser. Just a note for others avoiding Google/telemetry stuff.

Thanks again for all your work, it's really impressive to get a modern ROM working so well on such an old device. Hopefully I can figure the 3G switching problem out (or maybe it can be configured in the next ROM release if there is one). Also, thank you for the TWRP, I was able to update to 3.6.0 and it runs great (also gives me back USB UMS Mass Storage connection which is awesome and has been missing from TWRP for a long time on this device).

Edit: Using release 16.0 2021-12-22

html6405

Recognized Developer
Unfortunately it has modem crashes sometimes which makes me have to reset the phone often. And also, when I make calls it switches from LTE to the 3G network instead of 4G. After a few days my phone stopped making calls and data stopped working.

I had to call ATT who told me the system automatically disabled my phone because it detected either a non-ATT phone or a phone using the 3G network which they are shutting down next month.

So I'm not sure if there's a way to force 4G only, disable 2G and 3G, or what but just thought I'd mention it in case you or others know of a way.
Hi,
I'm sorry but I was never able to fix the modem 100%, it's really bad that they are shutting down 3G,
because LTE only works for data connection so far.
It was a real big struggle to get it working somehow, these old blobs doesn't made it easy for me.

sansonet

Jan 24, 2022
It's also not working at my location at the moment. But there are already 4 downloads.
I have no idea, but maybe AFH is overloaded at the moment.
If it's not regenerating itself, I have to move to another FH service.
Still not possible to download from the link, but I was able to download and install it from the phone upgrade (flashed with lineage-16.0-20211008-HTML6405-t0lte )
I was hoping it will fix the problem with the google street view app - I like to use it to make some 360-degree pics, I click on "create" , then "photo sphere", it opens the camera, appears to be taking the first pic, but then redirects to logo and back to "create" page. Probably a problem with the gyroscope - looks like it not working, I tried a couple of gyro testing apps - it detects the sensor, but there is no movement at all.
Is it possible to fix it?
Using SCH-R950 (original) , after update shows N7105 model.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE on LineageOS 16.0.
    At first I want to thank @ChronoMonochrome for his work, this is based on his his version from here:

I've fixed some bugs and will give further support via OTA updates.

This ROM is only tested with N7105, so maybe you could to give me a feedback if it does or does not work with all the different Note 2 LTE variants.

It theoretically should fit for:
    • SGH-I317
    • SGH-I317M
    • SCH-I605
    • SPH-L900
    • SGH-T889
    • SHV-E250S
    • SHV-E250K
    • SHV-E250L
    • SC-02E
    • GT-N7105/N7105T
    • SGH-T889V
    • SHV-E250S/E250K/E250L
    • SC-02E (SGH-N025)
    Here you can see how far everything is working:

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Cameras
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    RIL
    GPS, but there's no fix
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    Sensors
    Selinux
    • Maybe some apps because of video decoding issues
    • GPS fix, but navigating is working fine
    • SIM might be not detected / Data might be not available upon boot (reboot to fix).
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

If you plan to encrypt your device, the first step is to backup all your important stuff.

Reboot into recovery and choose:

Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Data (check)
    Choose "Repair or Change File System" and afterwards "Resize File System".
    After this step, choose Reboot System and you can start to encrypt your drive.
    If you can't find this option in the settings by your own, use the search function and type "encryption" and you can start.

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access boeffla sound and other configurations, there will follow more functions.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][N7105/T0LTE][BETA] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-04-17
    Last Updated 2022-04-20
    Works on SGH-I317, not tested much other than getting to homescreen
    Update 18.04.2021:
    • Fixed some more selinux denials.
    Update 19.04.2021:
    • Implemented exfat filesystem into kernel.
    Only via OTA.
    all well tested on my I317, everything works as it should for daily use,actually GPS I use it with mobile data but let's see if it works,but the rom feels 10/10 for daily use it needs,call listen loud as it should

everything nice @html6405