[ROM] ► [9.0.0_r33] ► [taimen] ► Nitrogen OS Pie ► Substratum ► (07.Feb.2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chinhe

This and Dirty unicorns...I'm not so jealous of the oneplus 5t forums now lol

Man i just got my XL2 yesterday i was worried about the custom roms' development, i was undecided about getting it over the op5t knowing that there are already tons of custom roms despite its just 3months since its out. But then made my decision and its the right one.

Will probably test this rom and give some feedbacks.:cowboy:

Ericarthurc

Jul 28, 2013
Holy moly! Nitrogen joining the party! Missed you guys from the Nexus 6p forums! Thanks for the hard work!

Can anyone confirm if the project fi E-Sim is working? Thanks!

Reactions: JagXK8

Ericarthurc

Jul 28, 2013
Good to see the ROM finally makes its way onto the XL 2! Testing now...

Found that it replaces TWRP with stock recovery every time you flash it, at least for me.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

It is, just tested it! Shows VoLTE as well. :good:

Thanks!

Also just so you know TWRP is now installed in the system partition, so you have to flash the TWRP zip everytime you wipe or flash over on the system partition.

Reactions: StrifeSoldierVII

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I loved the ROM at my 6p.
Now i wanted to flash it on my Pixel 2 XL, but i can't get it to boot...

I was on the latest google release, go in to my recovery, wiped cache, dalvik and data, installed the zip and rebooted.
Now I'm stuck on the "Google screen" right after the "phone unlocked" warning.

What did i do wrong?

What twrp version do you have? I recommend you to remove any lock (if you have) before flashing the ROM. So the steps are:

1. Got to Settings -> Security -> Remove any lock if you have, set it to none
2. Reboot to bootloader, boot to TWRP-3.2.1-0
3. Wipe Dalvik and data partitions
4. Flash the ROM zip and reboot

It must work as I've tested it multiple times and also mentioned in this post.

Nitin

Golf c

Jan 4, 2015
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I loved the ROM at my 6p.
Now i wanted to flash it on my Pixel 2 XL, but i can't get it to boot...

I was on the latest google release, go in to my recovery, wiped cache, dalvik and data, installed the zip and rebooted.
Now I'm stuck on the "Google screen" right after the "phone unlocked" warning.

What did i do wrong?
How did you update to the February image? I suspect the slot your on now has the old January image? Custom roms flash an OTA zip. They switch slots. So if you updated to February in your active slot, you flashed the rom and it switched slots to the old January image. Won't boot.

lutzbat

Apr 30, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
What twrp version do you have? I recommend you to remove any lock (if you have) before flashing the ROM. So the steps are:

1. Got to Settings -> Security -> Remove any lock if you have, set it to none
2. Reboot to bootloader, boot to TWRP-3.2.1-0
3. Wipe Dalvik and data partitions
4. Flash the ROM zip and reboot

It must work as I've tested it multiple times and also mentioned in this post.

Nitin

Don't know what I've done differently this time.
But now it worked!

Is there a difference between wiping Dalvik and data right at the first screen in twrp and the advanced one?

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
?? yezzir this was our favorite rom for the 6P you already know lol but hey can you please tell me your installation process to flash this ROM so I don't have no issues? Lol Thanks in advance

Just follow the OP bro, and read what's been done already. Nitin and Golf c already have you covered ??

jgreen077

Aug 6, 2017
Concord, NH
I'm wicked excited to see another custom ROM joining the party! Before I end up flashing I'm curious about the "exclusive" features like the squeeze and Now Listening, along with the eSIM (I believe one of the last posts confirmed the project fi portion, but still something I bring up because it's a unique feature).

Definitely just excited to see the work being done! And once I get comfortable financially I'll be donating to all the wonderful developers busting their ass to bring the community these ROMs! Honestly I'm probably gonna flash this without confirming the above. But I'm sure others will be curious. ? Cheers!

Adam1626

Nov 2, 2016
Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. Is there no squeeze feature or now playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts