• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] ► [9.0.0_r33] ► [taimen] ► Nitrogen OS Pie ► Substratum ► (07.Feb.2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Chronos300

Aug 20, 2010
I need some serious help here. No matter how many times I flash this ROM i get google services framework keeps stopping. I've reflashed the ROM, factory reset, restored stock...just about everything and this error keeps persisting. Any tips?

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
I need some serious help here. No matter how many times I flash this ROM i get google services framework keeps stopping. I've reflashed the ROM, factory reset, restored stock...just about everything and this error keeps persisting. Any tips?

I followed this exactly and all is working nicely, the only thing I got was a "carrier provisioning has stopped" once during first boot. You might want to back up and then wipe your internal storage as well just to be safe. One last thing, I used dueces script instead of flashing the image, seems like it also helps get rid of any problems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

Reactions: nitin.chobhe

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180302-102121.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180302-102121.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
Reactions: housepabldroid

Chronos300

Aug 20, 2010
By default it's off. Did you turn it on?

Works fine for me :)

You can try dirty too if you are on last build (but I always recommend clean flash)

Nitin

Yes I have it turned in the notification settings. I am only getting Heads Up notifications from Textra but only because it has an option within the app specific for heads up notifications. I also seem to randomly be getting "carrier provisioning service has stopped" randomly.

Also, for the record, I did a clean flash.

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
Read thread title ;)

Yes I have it turned in the notification settings. I am only getting Heads Up notifications from Textra but only because it has an option within the app specific for heads up notifications. I also seem to randomly be getting "carrier provisioning service has stopped" randomly.

Also, for the record, I did a clean flash.
Do a clean flash. It's something at your end.

Screenshot never gets saved. Anyone else also experiencing similar issue
No, works fine. I've posted few screenshots.

Nitin

davall

Jun 1, 2011
Reactions: nitin.chobhe

Bubbamanlarry

Jul 31, 2007
I haven't tried the latest build, but I could never get my calendars configured right. I use Business Calendar Pro 2 and even when signed in to my Google account, it won't pick it up in the calendars. Same goes for the stock Google calendar app. Any answers?

SamuelBegui

Jan 27, 2015
/home/coolbeans/
@nitin.chobhe
Hello there! This ROM is excellent. I love what has been added into the ROM and so on. I would like to give you a few logs regarding connectivity issues with Project Fi. I was unable to find other users here having the same issue but this is with regards to Sprint and U.S. Cellular towers. T-Mobile towers work naturally with the ROM. However, when leaving range there seems to be issues connecting to any of the mentioned towers (besides T-Mobile). Here are my logs, hopefully everything needed was captured in them. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue and post more if needed. Thank you. :)

Regards, CoolBeans

Edit:
Rebooting seems to have fixed the issue. I tested the connection using Project Fi dialer codes and I was able to successfully connect to each cell tower respectively. However maybe you'll find something in the logs I provided. :)

Attachments

• drive-download-20180302T160101Z-001.zip
    471.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
I haven't tried the latest build, but I could never get my calendars configured right. I use Business Calendar Pro 2 and even when signed in to my Google account, it won't pick it up in the calendars. Same goes for the stock Google calendar app. Any answers?
Check the permissions of the apps in Settings -> Apps. That should solve the issue.

@nitin.chobhe
Hello there! This ROM is excellent. I love what has been added into the ROM and so on. I would like to give you a few logs regarding connectivity issues with Project Fi. I was unable to find other users here having the same issue but this is with regards to Sprint and U.S. Cellular towers. T-Mobile towers work naturally with the ROM. However, when leaving range there seems to be issues connecting to any of the mentioned towers (besides T-Mobile). Here are my logs, hopefully everything needed was captured in them. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue and post more if needed. Thank you. :)

Regards, CoolBeans

Edit:
Rebooting seems to have fixed the issue. I tested the connection using Project Fi dialer codes and I was able to successfully connect to each cell tower respectively. However maybe you'll find something in the logs I provided. :)
Happy that it's working after a reboot.

Thanks for the log! But to be honest I do not know what could be wrong with Project Fi :(

Nitin

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
Last edited:

Reuben_skelz92

Feb 20, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts