[ROM] ► [9.0.0_r33] ► [taimen] ► Nitrogen OS Pie ► Substratum ► (07.Feb.2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

valiymt

Oct 9, 2009
removed my secondary account and added back the account. that seems to have fixed the issue.

Might have been some permissions issue in the beginning.

Thanks for the great work that is being done here!

Reactions: nitin.chobhe

ram31363

Jan 26, 2016
First off THANK to ALL for the great ROM!

Can I dirty flash this update or do I have to go through the following process?

"Make sure you are on latest factory image
Go to your recovery
Wipe Dalvik Cache and Data partition
Flash ROM & TWRP zip
Reboot the system and set it up
Flash Magisk 17.x if you want root
Reboot - Enjoy!"

This is my 3rd ROM I've tried on my Pixel 2XL and dirty flashing is most likely the reason I had problems with the other 2....
Thanks in advance for the help!
Much appreciated.

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
First off THANK to ALL for the great ROM!

Can I dirty flash this update or do I have to go through the following process?

"Make sure you are on latest factory image
Go to your recovery
Wipe Dalvik Cache and Data partition
Flash ROM & TWRP zip
Reboot the system and set it up
Flash Magisk 17.x if you want root
Reboot - Enjoy!"

This is my 3rd ROM I've tried on my Pixel 2XL and dirty flashing is most likely the reason I had problems with the other 2....
Thanks in advance for the help!
Much appreciated.
As you already had issues with dirty flashing, follow the steps mentioned in OP. As use latest Magisk.

Nitin

ram31363

Jan 26, 2016
As you already had issues with dirty flashing, follow the steps mentioned in OP. As use latest Magisk.

Nitin

Okay thank you!
Can I fastboot with (-w) removed the Jan image, reboot setup, fastboot back into TWRP and follow the steps mentioned or do I have to do a factory complete factory image install with the (-w)?

Or can I flash the Jan Vendor.img in both slots via TWRP then dirty flash?

Reason I ask is I'm not a big fan of rebuilding everything (which is why I like to dirty flash).

I apologize for the dumb questions, I'm just trying to do this as easy as possible wo messing up the ROM....

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Okay thank you!
Can I fastboot with (-w) removed the Jan image, reboot setup, fastboot back into TWRP and follow the steps mentioned or do I have to do a factory complete factory image install with the (-w)?

Or can I flash the Jan Vendor.img in both slots via TWRP then dirty flash?

Reason I ask is I'm not a big fan of rebuilding everything (which is why I like to dirty flash).

I apologize for the dumb questions, I'm just trying to do this as easy as possible wo messing up the ROM....
I always recommend (and practice) clean flash (-w option). You can try and find the best way that suits for you.

Note: if you face any issue with dirty flash - reproduce it with clean flash and then post here.

Nitin

madfudz

Jun 8, 2018
Hi Nitin,

Latest build running well. Just curious about the new OTA service. Does this mean for future updates we can just do OTA update on the phone, without needing to clean flash? I really hope it does haha.

Software Guru

Oct 31, 2003
Halifax
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Mi 11
Morning, I've switched to this ROM from Liquid Remix but I can't seem to find the option for a dark theme or to change the QS tile colours

Have these options been remove in the latest build

Also my phone is rooted /unlocked but the OEM unlocking switch is not greyed out in Developer Options

Any ideas why?

Thanks

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Morning, I've switched to this ROM from Liquid Remix but I can't seem to find the option for a dark theme or to change the QS tile colours

Have these options been remove in the latest build

Also my phone is rooted /unlocked but the OEM unlocking switch is not greyed out in Developer Options

Any ideas why?

Thanks

There is not in built dark theme in Nitrogen. however you can change the QS tile colours from Settings -> Display.

I didn't get your last point. What is the problem related to the OEM unlocking switch?

Nitin

Reactions: samad.ansari

Software Guru

Oct 31, 2003
Halifax
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Mi 11
There is not in built dark theme in Nitrogen. however you can change the QS tile colours from Settings -> Display.

I didn't get your last point. What is the problem related to the OEM unlocking switch?

Nitin

Morning Nitin

In previous ROM's that I've used this OEM unlocking option is usually greyed out so it cannot be accidentally selected again (not that I'd do that)
I normally unlock my phone using the fastboot command but its not a big issues just something I noticed

Sorry but I can't see any option to change QA tile colours in Settings / Display unless I'm going blind
I've attached some screenshots

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190116-091244_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190116-091244_Settings.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot_20190116-091253_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190116-091253_Settings.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Morning Nitin

In previous ROM's that I've used this OEM unlocking option is usually greyed out so it cannot be accidentally selected again (not that I'd do that)
I normally unlock my phone using the fastboot command but its not a big issues just something I noticed

Sorry but I can't see any option to change QA tile colours in Settings / Display unless I'm going blind
I've attached some screenshots

Thanks

The option "Device theme" takes care of that. It'll set the color of QS to black.

Nitin

Software Guru

Oct 31, 2003
Halifax
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Mi 11
The option "Device theme" takes care of that. It'll set the color of QS to black.

Nitin

Apologies Nitin, maybe I'm not asking the right way ;)

What I mean is that the when a QS tile is active, its coloured blue as per my screenshot (what you suggest changes the background colour of QS)

I want to be able to change that blue colour to something else

Is that possible?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190116-102236_Nova_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20190116-102236_Nova_Launcher.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 249

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Apologies Nitin, maybe I'm not asking the right way ;)

What I mean is that the when a QS tile is active, its coloured blue as per my screenshot (what you suggest changes the background colour of QS)

I want to be able to change that blue colour to something else

Is that possible?

Currently it is only possible to define the background color of the QS. It is not possible to change the color of the tile in Nitrogen. You can try Pixeldust ROM, it is possible to select the Accent color of your choice in that ROM.

Nitin

Reactions: samad.ansari

Software Guru

Oct 31, 2003
Halifax
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Mi 11
Currently it is only possible to define the background color of the QS. It is not possible to change the color of the tile in Nitrogen. You can try Pixeldust ROM, it is possible to select the Accent color of your choice in that ROM.

Nitin

Thanks Nitin

I was looking at that but I like your ROM so think I'll use the Android Pie Various Mods Magisk module instead

Can anyone confirm this mod works fine with Nitrogen

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts