[ROM] ► [9.0.0_r42] ► [shamu] ► Nitrogen OS Pie ► Substratum ► (06.June.2019)

Search This thread

Nyonisto

Feb 20, 2017
Bulawayo
Hello All,

This is the end of the NOS for shamu... Recently I've got busy in real life and unable to spend enough time on NOS for shamu.

I'll however planning to continue with Pixeldust and Colt OS for shamu.

Thank you all for your love for Nitrogen OS :good:

I' had started this thread in October 2016 and it's almost 3 years now. Got to interact with lot of good people because of this ROM. I'll definitely miss you guys!

Regards,
Nitin
My N6 died some months back but i have been following this thread with keen interest. It's sad to say goodbye Nitin but we are eternally grateful for keeping shamu alive!! All the best buddy:cowboy:

Reactions: nitin.chobhe

wolfballz

Jul 11, 2012
San Diego. CA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello All,

This is the end of the NOS for shamu... Recently I've got busy in real life and unable to spend enough time on NOS for shamu.

I' had started this thread in October 2016 and it's almost 3 years now. Got to interact with lot of good people because of this ROM. I'll definitely miss you guys!

Regards,
Nitin
Thanks for your contribution to the community and the N6. Time to move on to one of your other Roms.

Onknight

Feb 21, 2012
Burlington
Going to miss this OS

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Hello All,

Regards,
Nitin
@nitin.chobhe Thanks for your Rom
as I am Retiring my Nexus 6 Very soon
It's been great phone but phone is real slow now and it time to go 64 Bit
But I do. want to keep it updated with one of other OS's
do I have to Clean Flash all them or Can I dirty flash Pixel Dust PIE or Colt ?

Last edited:

hbenz2008

Jan 11, 2008
Going to miss this OS

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

@nitin.chobhe Thanks for your Rom
as I am Retiring my Nexus 6 Very soon
It's been great phone but phone is real slow now and it time to go 64 Bit
But I do. want to keep it updated with one of other OS's
do I have to Clean Flash all them or Can I dirty flash Pixel Dust PIE or Colt ?

Clean flash

Note:You maybe able to restore data from twrp back up between say nos, pd and Colt. Doesn't always work due to some slight differences.

ostrolk

Mar 16, 2016
@nitin.chobhe
Thank you very much for the Nitrogen OS. Used it, enjoyed it and completely forgot how to install another rom.

To which one should I move, PD or Colt?

Last edited:

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
will we get an 10. q rom for nitrogen for shamu or will 9.0 nitrogen be the end of nexus 6 shamu. just wondering.no ETA .

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

nitin, this has been a wonderful experience. hopefully you will b developing othe roms for nexus 6 shamu down the road.

rfactor117

Nov 29, 2012
Altona, Manitoba
Nexus 6
Nexus 9
will we get an 10. q rom for nitrogen for shamu or will 9.0 nitrogen be the end of nexus 6 shamu. just wondering.no ETA .

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

nitin, this has been a wonderful experience. hopefully you will b developing othe roms for nexus 6 shamu down the road.

NOS 0606 is the last NOS, @nitin.chobhe is now working on
2 builds for Shamu...

https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6/development/rom-coltos-shamu-t3709921/page35

https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6/development/rom-pixel-dust-pie-nexus-6-shamu-t3867094/page60

dj_s_021

Mar 24, 2011
tehran
I installed the latest version of this rom with the latest version opengapps micro 9.0 and magisk v20.1 as well. But unfortunately I have two big problems :
First, the battery turns off when it reaches 40%
Secondly, 4G Internet is not enabled and only 3G is mobile switched off
please help ...

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

I installed the latest version of this rom with the latest version opengapps micro 9.0 and magisk v20.1 as well. But unfortunately I have two big problems :
First, the battery turns off when it reaches 40%
Secondly, 4G Internet is not enabled and only 3G is mobile switched off
please help ...

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Are you serious? Have you read the previous posts?
First, your battery is dying. Buy a new one.
Second, this ROM is no longer developed. Please do the devs the courtesy of reading the thread before posting.

barats

Aug 13, 2010
Kind of noob when it comes to all this. Used to root my Evo4G and Note 2 back in the day all the time but it's been a very long time since I installed custom roms. I rooted the phone to stock root when I got this phone last year but only recently wanted to install a custom rom to upgrade the Android OS and open up everything and get better speed.

I have been reading some of this thread (can't expect me to read all 11,500 replies) and watched the videos and read the instructions. I have a few questions.

1. I need to remove Encrypt first. When I do the data wipe, will this remove root from my phone? I ask this because the video said to install Magisk as a zip when you are flashing to put root on it. Do I need to do this if my phone is already rooted?

2. I read that you need a rom or kernel that bypasses the encryption. Does this rom do that? I want this custom rom as well as remove encryption at the same time.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Kind of noob when it comes to all this. Used to root my Evo4G and Note 2 back in the day all the time but it's been a very long time since I installed custom roms. I rooted the phone to stock root when I got this phone last year but only recently wanted to install a custom rom to upgrade the Android OS and open up everything and get better speed.

I have been reading some of this thread (can't expect me to read all 11,500 replies) and watched the videos and read the instructions. I have a few questions.

1. I need to remove Encrypt first. When I do the data wipe, will this remove root from my phone? I ask this because the video said to install Magisk as a zip when you are flashing to put root on it. Do I need to do this if my phone is already rooted?

2. I read that you need a rom or kernel that bypasses the encryption. Does this rom do that? I want this custom rom as well as remove encryption at the same time.

githyanki

Mar 11, 2009
Edmonton

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

This rom is no longer updated. Still works, but try some others if you want latest security patches and any other fixes. Lineage or AICP are some to look into.
You need to format data to remove encryption. If you don't type "yes" to confirm, you have not formatted. You will lose everything on the phone, so copy it to your computer first.
Yes, this rom and most others have force encrypt removed. Lineage 16 also, but some older lineage versions had force encrypt enabled.

barats

Aug 13, 2010
This rom is no longer updated. Still works, but try some others if you want latest security patches and any other fixes. Lineage or AICP are some to look into.
You need to format data to remove encryption. If you don't type "yes" to confirm, you have not formatted. You will lose everything on the phone, so copy it to your computer first.
Yes, this rom and most others have force encrypt removed. Lineage 16 also, but some older lineage versions had force encrypt enabled.

Thanks! So will the format clear root as well? I am stock rooted at the moment.

barats

Aug 13, 2010
Don't know, but I'm sure that flashing a new rom will.
If you have installed TWRP already, these things are easily fixable.

I do have TWRP. It's great to use and better than Clockwork for me.

I didn't know installing a new rom would clear root, though. I thought you had to be rooted in the first place to be able to install these roms. At least that is how it was for me on the Evo and Note 2.

Top Liked Posts