[ROM] ► [9.0] ► Nitrogen OS P ► beryllium [12-Sep]

Search This thread

lpsld

Nov 3, 2016
I fixed the broken battery in settings but now I'm getting "App and Data restore is paused". I just wiped system and cache, flash the older build, then set thermal mode to normal, after that I wiped system and flash again, and installed firmware, rom, gapps and so on. Also it wants me to make this first installation thing again. I dont want to clean flash

Mooatreides

Dec 9, 2018
Beersheva
I fixed the broken battery in settings but now I'm getting "App and Data restore is paused". I just wiped system and cache, flash the older build, then set thermal mode to normal, after that I wiped system and flash again, and installed firmware, rom, gapps and so on. Also it wants me to make this first installation thing again. I dont want to clean flash
why did you wipe system? when going from one version to another just wipe cache and delvik cache... you gotta do it all again because you wiped system..

lpsld

Nov 3, 2016
why did you wipe system? when going from one version to another just wipe cache and delvik cache... you gotta do it all again because you wiped system..
I just deactivated Both apps (like they would if you finished with the installation of your device) and it *seems* to work as usual. Or did I screw something up under the hood?

Mooatreides

Dec 9, 2018
Beersheva
I just deactivated Both apps (like they would if you finished with the installation of your device) and it *seems* to work as usual. Or did I screw something up under the hood?
Im no expert at alll but i would have clean flashed(wipe everything inluding internal except sd) previous build(do firmware also and nano gapps, dfe if you want), set up phone, set thermal in battery to avoid this glitch?, then dirty flash the test build (wipe cash and delvik) and flash test build. Worked for me, had all data from previous build..

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
Rom required for this rom? i'm tempting to install this NOS seems interesting as i'm reading this thread .Im on stock Miui 10 open beta Global 9.1.24
latest prerequisite download links pls. @OP
If you're on beta 9.1.24 then you already have the correct vendor/firmware.
So just flash the ROM image and gapps if you want (nano or higher if you want face unlock) - see the first post for link to latest ROM image.
Other stuff is optional - custom kernel, magisk/root, dfe (I never flash it and never have problems with an encrypted phone).
Hope this helps.

Reactions: bamz1117

bamz1117

May 4, 2015
Philippians 3:16
If you're on beta 9.1.24 then you already have the correct vendor/firmware.
So just flash the ROM image and gapps if you want (nano or higher if you want face unlock) - see the first post for link to latest ROM image.
Other stuff is optional - custom kernel, magisk/root, dfe (I never flash it and never have problems with an encrypted phone).
Hope this helps.

Great :)so dfe is not necessary to flash? just to confirm. and recommended twrp is By Vasishath ?

bamz1117

May 4, 2015
dfe is required if you don't want your phone encrypted.
I never bother with it.
Others do and have posted their reasons.
And yes - that's the unofficial twrp that I have used with no problems to date.

Alright buddy thanks for the tips!:D last thing , i know vendor/firmware will update as this is done by weekly or if it's available and also the NOS rom update. .if i want to update vendor/firmware and NOS rom i'll just have to dirty flash it or a clean flash again?

and for first installation clean flash is recommended right? ( Wipe System/data/cache/dalvic-cache )

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
i know vendor/firmware will update as this is done by weekly or if it's available and also the NOS rom update.
I don't know what the schedule is but vendor/firmware updates happen soon after Xiaomi make a new beta/developer ROM available.
See the LineageOS first post for a link to a site that uploads the latest vendor/firmware when it's available.
And NO - the V10 firmware on that site is NOT later than 9.1.24. :D
.if i want to update vendor/firmware and NOS rom i'll just have to dirty flash it or a clean flash again?
Dirty flash should work (and maybe wipe cache/dalvik - can't do any harm).
and for first installation clean flash is recommended right? ( Wipe System/data/cache/dalvic-cache )
I would do a clean flash anyway.

Wipe everything
Format data
Flash ROM
Flash gapps (I use nano)
Wipe cache/dalvik (why not?)
Reboot

Reactions: bamz1117

bamz1117

May 4, 2015
I don't know what the schedule is but vendor/firmware updates happen soon after Xiaomi make a new beta/developer ROM available.
See the LineageOS first post for a link to a site that uploads the latest vendor/firmware when it's available.
And NO - the V10 firmware on that site is NOT later than 9.1.24. :D

Dirty flash should work (and maybe wipe cache/dalvik - can't do any harm).

I would do a clean flash anyway.

Wipe everything
Format data
Flash ROM
Flash gapps (I use nano)
Wipe cache/dalvik (why not?)
Reboot

Thanks buddy,loud and clear! it would be a great help then..:D
are u facing any bugs right now on the latest build? since it is beta and Face unlock works charm for this rom? just want to confirm

Mooatreides

Dec 9, 2018
Beersheva
Thanks buddy,loud and clear! it would be a great help then..:D
are u facing any bugs right now on the latest build? since it is beta and Face unlock works charm for this rom? just want to confirm
Everything works great, really good balanced rom (except for fts touch support which is being fixed and added and common problem that only once i noticed and made a fuss seems to be in the focus?), start with the last official build i think it was jan9th then you can dirty flash the test build from the 19th i think, then the one from two days ago. Or wait for new build.
I prefer Nos over Los or Pixel, my gf has pixel on her phone and NOS is better for me.

bartoloandre98

Oct 9, 2010
Everything works great, really good balanced rom (except for fts touch support which is being fixed and added and common problem that only once i noticed and made a fuss seems to be in the focus?), start with the last official build i think it was jan9th then you can dirty flash the test build from the 19th i think, then the one from two days ago. Or wait for new build.
I prefer Nos over Los or Pixel, my gf has pixel on her phone and NOS is better for me.

You managed to get your gf to flash a rom? Wow she is a keeper, put a ring on already

Mooatreides

Dec 9, 2018
Beersheva
You managed to get your gf to flash a rom? Wow she is a keeper, put a ring on already
HAHA! I got a 64gb poco for 1000 shekels here(275$?) she had a breaking iphone 6. I used the 64gb with nitrogen (i had a redmi note 5 before so i knew to be weary of miui, i put PE on it, worked great on Rn5).
A week later I came on a deal where i got a 128gb poco for the same price i got the 64! So i got it the 128gb and gifted her the 64gb. At first she was scared saying "no it wont work i jsut want the standard like it comes from the store", i told her na babe you wont get FB and insta notifications remeber like i dint get at first, that sold her lol. So i flashed PE ( a simpler rom fo her) to replace her screwed up iphone. A week later shes acclimated to it and loves it especially the BSG camera mod and high quality pics. She has all her apps photoshop and whatever.

Reactions: matwaking

bartoloandre98

Oct 9, 2010
HAHA! I got a 64gb poco for 1000 shekels here(275$?) she had a breaking iphone 6. I used the 64gb with nitrogen (i had a redmi note 5 before so i knew to be weary of miui, i put PE on it, worked great on Rn5).
A week later I came on a deal where i got a 128gb poco for the same price i got the 64! So i got it the 128gb and gifted her the 64gb. At first she was scared saying "no it wont work i jsut want the standard like it comes from the store", i told her na babe you wont get FB and insta notifications remeber like i dint get at first, that sold her lol. So i flashed PE ( a simpler rom fo her) to replace her screwed up iphone. A week later shes acclimated to it and loves it especially the BSG camera mod and high quality pics. She has all her apps photoshop and whatever.

haha that's great , yeah she would probably get triggered from missing all those notifications and would probably blame it on android , saying that apple is better than android and this is why she gets iphones. I'm gland she is enjoying the rom :p

falconhossam1

Jan 1, 2014
The issue manifests primarily via third-party apps — like Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp — with users of those applications experiencing low-volume, tinny, distant audio. In further experiments, it seems affected apps are exclusively using the top microphone, ostensibly meant to be used for noise cancellation.
i found this problem for one plus users and i face it on this nitrogen os for poco

Reactions: slimshouki

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android OS version: 10.0_r4
    For devices: Xiaomi Poco F1 (Beryllium)
    Authors build: Shahan_mik3
    Source code: https://github.com/nitrogen-project
    Developers: xyyx, wight554
    Thanks: darkobas,ezio84, beanstown106, maxwen,SyCreed and etc.
    Google Apps: Open GAPPS
    Recovery: TWRP

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FmSx8lRG.png

Based on AOSP

• xyyx (Max) - main developer

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FIxVVRiE.png

• Wipe Data(if coming from another rom)
    • Flash rom zip
    • Flash gapps and Magisk
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FC8vWqi4.png

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FNnOP1ox.png

Known Bugs:

Special Thanks to @abhishek987 for amazing work on poco

Join Official POCO Telegram group

XDA:DevDB Information
    Nitrogen OS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    Shahan_mik3
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v4
    Stable Release Date: 2019-08-12
    Current Beta Version: v15
    Beta Release Date: 2019-09-12

Created 2018-10-23
    Last Updated 2019-10-11
    New build up: OTA and SF

Changelog
    *February patch
    *Fix exfat sdcard issue
    *Fix Clock not staying hidden
    *Fixed dt2w for focaltech panels
    *Brightness improved
    *Echo issue fixed
    *Fix HDR issue
    *Add Ambient display features
    *Add sync tile
    *Fix sounds fc
    *Improve smartclock
    *Fix black bar on screenshot and screen recording
    *Updated touch firmware from 9.1.24
    *Battery improvements
    *upstream from nos
    *upstream from los kernel/tree

Download
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/nitrogen-project/files/poco/

As informed in previous post ppl with echo issue
    run this in terminal and test if echo is fixed

mount /system/etc/acdbdata /vendor/etc/acdbdata

if u cant i request u to never report the issue here again.
    New TEST build

Color Accents
    System wide Dark mode(wip)
    battery temperature in battery settings
    Gaming mode tile
    Google sans font
    Switch to simpler expanded volume panel
    Upstream kernel to 4.9.162
    New build up:

Changelog
    • July security patch
    • HEVC fixed