• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][A11][DISCONTINUED] Project Sakura 5.1

Search This thread

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1
OFFICIAL CEDRIC BUILDS ARE DISCONTINUED (original OP in the spoiler)

header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

disclaimer.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

CLEAN FLASH :
- Download the ROM zip
- Reboot to Recovery
- Take Backup (Not necessary)
- Format Data (Where you have to type yes)
- Install the ROM
- Install Gapps (Nikgapps Core Arm64 11.p)
- Install Magisk (for root)
- Reboot

Update ROM:
- Download the ROM zip
- Reboot to recovery
- Take Backup (Not necessary)
- Install the ROM
- Reboot

download.png

credits.png

- Lineage OS
- AOSP
- Superior OS
- AOSiP
- Pixel Experience
- Extended UI
- Havoc OS
- crDroid ROM
- JarlPenguin

source.png

Project Sakura Source

miscinfo.png

Project Sakura, ROM for Cedric
Device:
Moto G5
Maintainer: nift4
Build Type: Official

Contributors
JarlPenguin for the device trees

Kernel Source:

Device Source:

Blobs:

ROM OS Version: 11.0
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.140
ROM Firmware Required: Must be on Latest Oreo Stock Firmware
Based On: LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 5.1
SELinux Status: Enforced
Release Date: 27th June 2021

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018
I did a clean flash and when installing gapps, I got "failed to mount /system (Device or resource busy)" error and after restarting to system, it bootlooped. Tried flashing again but not using format data but formatting system, data, dalvik and cache manually and this time not flashing gapps but I got the same error (but instead of /system, it was /system_root) and it bootlooped again

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I did a clean flash and when installing gapps, I got "failed to mount /system (Device or resource busy)" error and after restarting to system, it bootlooped. Tried flashing again but not using format data but formatting system, data, dalvik and cache manually and this time not flashing gapps but I got the same error (but instead of /system, it was /system_root) and it bootlooped again
What gapps did you try?

You either want

Opengapps arm64 nano android 11

Or

bitgapps arm64 11

Format data and start again or flash stock rom via fastboot boot phone to welcome screen and then you can flash twrp etc

I've used bitgapps on my own builds without issue so you'll have no issues using this in the official version.

Or you can wait for 5.2 to be released. This will have a redesigned gapps package which is smaller. I'll be building this in the unofficial thread as soon as the source code is released.

Jan 21, 2018
What gapps did you try?

You either want

Or

bitgapps arm64 11

Format data and start again or flash stock rom via fastboot boot phone to welcome screen and then you can flash twrp etc

I've used bitgapps on my own builds without issue so you'll have no issues using this in the official version.

Or you can wait for 5.2 to be released. This will have a redesigned gapps package which is smaller. I'll be building this in the unofficial thread as soon as the source code is released.
I tried opengapps arm64 nano android 11

Jan 21, 2018
What gapps did you try?

You either want

Or

bitgapps arm64 11

oh btw I use TWRP 3.4.0-1 if it makes a difference

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Reactions: k3lcior

Top Liked Posts