[ROM][A11] Evolution X 5.3 for Xiaomi Mi 8 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

sandman01

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2011
I don't think I understand you.
If you are coming from another rom, you can't dirty flash. You can dirty flash an update (I thought this was your problem since the last ota was broken). For the firmware, if you need to install it, just flash it in twrp. You have to type your password, if the phone is encrypted, and then just flash the zip.
Hi, I want to update to the last rom via twrp - because OTA rom is broken - but I have no password requests...

sandman01

Hi, I want to update to the last rom via twrp - because OTA rom is broken - but I have no password requests...
that means your phone is not encrypted at the moment.
simply follow the instructions in the initial post and flash the ROM

PS:
only if you have encrypted your phones partitions previously, you need to enter your unlock code when entering TWRP to unlock the partitions to be readable otherwise you will only see the partition contend with confusing alphanumeric characters.
so you haven't encrypted your phone, that's not problem this is an optional safety feature that isn't required
You only need to take care about your TWRP version if the phone is encrypted, because not all versions can handle the encryption properly (but thats not your case :) )

DarkAngelGR

Recognized Developer
Hi everibody,

Anyone else is using screen mirroring to stream content to a TV or similar?
It seems that this function is broken since the last update

was working on EvolutionX_5.4_dipper-11-20210213-1233-OFFICIAL
broken on EvolutionX_5.4_dipper-11-20210224-1017-OFFICIAL (as also cellular phone calls after OTA update)
broken on EvolutionX_5.4_dipper-11-20210224-1338-OFFICIAL (after clean install with formating partitions,...)

br,
Mario
If others have the issue as well I know what caused it but I can't test it myself since my Dipper doesn't work. I plan on making a new update soon so it would be good if others can test cast as well so I can know in advance

sandman01

If others have the issue as well I know what caused it but I can't test it myself since my Dipper doesn't work. I plan on making a new update soon so it would be good if others can test cast as well so I can know in advance

No problem If you like me to test features, you are very welcome.
I will do a dirty flash and try to help as good as I can.

Is there a list of tests,.. you like to check before post the ROM to others than let me know.

Regards,
Mario from Austria

Reactions: arifqur

easy_mac

Jan 22, 2015
hey all, thinking of switching to this ROM as its one of the few that seems to have android auto working

can anyone tell me if there is an option to enable the flashlight by holding down the power button?

Draguxen

Jul 1, 2012
Hi, when I click in an application information, and try to set the install from unknown source, it does not do anything, I cannot set it. I tried to unset it from another application that already had that permission, but it does not do anything either.

Anyone else with this issue? Or just me?

sandman01

Hello everyone, hope you doing great!
New update is out (03/03/2021)

Download here
Changelog here

Hope you enjoy this update and if you want to support me, here is my PayPal and Patreon. #KeepEvolving

Screen Mirroring to a TV, in my case a Samsung TV is fixed in this build.
Many thanks for your quick work.

BTW. standard cellular phone calls still working also. (which were broken in Feb-24 bulid 1017)

best regards,
Mario Holzinger

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkAngelGR

mejinn3

Jun 8, 2016
Hi everyone, I wanted to know if the ir face unlock works on this rom, and if it is possible to clone apps like on miui without using third-party apps. thank you..

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Hi everyone, I wanted to know if the ir face unlock works on this rom, and if it is possible to clone apps like on miui without using third-party apps. thank you..

Yeah FaceUnlock works fine on the latest version of EvoX. Don't know about the app cloning thingy

easy_mac

Jan 22, 2015
just installed this ROM and all i can say is wow, amazingly smooth and bug free. great work!

hopefully we can get a few more options to customize the nav bar buttons, so we can add long press actions to them

Draguxen

Jul 1, 2012
Hi, when I click in an application information, and try to set the install from unknown source, it does not do anything, I cannot set it. I tried to unset it from another application that already had that permission, but it does not do anything either.

Anyone else with this issue? Or just me?

Anyone else with this error? I cannot change the permissions (location, camera, etc.) or change the option to allow to install from unknown source.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone