[ROM][A11] Evolution X 5.3 for Xiaomi Mi 8 [OFFICIAL]

Lefty_Kas

Aug 18, 2017
When there are no notifications on the status bar swiping down to reveal the quick settings etc doesn't work, it doesn't respond. I tried to film it but when you screen record there is a persistent notification and I can't recreate the problem. Anyone else with this bug? Using Evox 5.3 Lightning

Fabiosx21m

Oct 7, 2019
Nice rom man, i'll buy you a coffe.
There is a way to add face unlock?
Crdroid android 11 has.
If i pick lib file/ system files /apk, something of this, it can works? Thanks
Edit**
Freezes sometimes rom :(

Last edited:

DarkAngelGR

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2017
Athens
Nice rom man, i'll buy you a coffe.
There is a way to add face unlock?
Crdroid android 11 has.
If i pick lib file/ system files /apk, something of this, it can works? Thanks
Edit**
Freezes sometimes rom :(
Face Unlock can't be added as we don't have permission from Motorola to include it. And you can't manually add the files needed and have it work. Regarding the freezing issue, I am working on a fix for it and will release an update soon

Rdzeniuch

Aug 30, 2018
Works great on my Mi8 but notch annoys me a lot, is it possible to do something about it?
Like there is space for 2 sim icons and wifi, but for some reason it just shows battery and one sim only and after that is only a dot. Really annoying..
Screenshot_20210116-184810.png

Edit: So far fixed it by setting interface size to 488dp and font size to 120%. Everything is smaller but it is still usable.

Last edited:
Reactions: d.tat and kether81

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Works great on my Mi8 but notch annoys me a lot, is it possible to do something about it?
Like there is space for 2 sim icons and wifi, but for some reason it just shows battery and one sim only and after that is only a dot. Really annoying..View attachment 5189807

Edit: So far fixed it by setting interface size to 488dp and font size to 120%. Everything is smaller but it is still usable.
1 Don't use the circular battery icon but the regular one
2 Flash Notch Notification Fix zip in recovery and then select that in Developer Options under Display Cutout

Reactions: Rdzeniuch

kether81

Feb 9, 2011
blog.rdiez.es
1 Don't use the circular battery icon but the regular one
2 Flash Notch Notification Fix zip in recovery and then select that in Developer Options under Display Cutout
Where can this zip be downloaded?

Other option is to hide the notch as can be hidden in MIUI. This could be done in developer option

Last edited:
Reactions: Rdzeniuch

kasspy

Aug 23, 2013
Fantastic Rom!! Congratulations, best Rom for the abandoned from Miui Super Mi8. Brightness bar could be place at bottom? Has it on my Mi5 Evolution X rom. Thanks a lot!.