[ROM][A11] Evolution X 5.3 for Xiaomi Mi 8 [OFFICIAL]

xCalibur15

Oct 10, 2015
Youtube freezes every 8-10 seconds and listening to music(spotify) audio also gets cut off every 8-10 seconds. Sometimes when I click the power button screen won't turn off, and fingerprint unlock when screen is off takes a while.

I'm on latest build

Edit: just did a clean install of the rom, and YouTube still freezes, but then audio just totally went out and when I pause and play again, seems like the problem got fixed? Anyway I'll keep on testing and try the rom with magisk

Last edited:
Reactions: d.tat

Sld_Ultra

May 5, 2012
Thank you for the reply. More specifically I'm looking for this Bluetooth codec in the developer settings if the ROM supports it.

View attachment 5191889
Isn't that up to the manufacturer to enable the supported hardware in the said TWS, for it to work? I think I remember seeing this option in MIUI in developer options, but I don't think it worked. I have the soundcore liberty air 2.

Aug 12, 2013
Isn't that up to the manufacturer to enable the supported hardware in the said TWS, for it to work? I think I remember seeing this option in MIUI in developer options, but I don't think it worked. I have the soundcore liberty air 2.
I think it comes down to the ROM and the earphones being used. I am currently using ZenOS along with the soundpeats truengine 3se and the codec seems to work. I briefly used another ROM (can't for the life of me remember which) with these earphones and only noticed after connecting the earphones to the phone that the earphones were only connecting in master/slave mode. Checking the developer settings confirmed that the ROM didn't support the codec.

I would like to move this ROM if it supports the codec or if I can find a way to add it through magisk.

Sld_Ultra

May 5, 2012
I think it comes down to the ROM and the earphones being used. I am currently using ZenOS along with the soundpeats truengine 3se and the codec seems to work. I briefly used another ROM (can't for the life of me remember which) with these earphones and only noticed after connecting the earphones to the phone that the earphones were only connecting in master/slave mode. Checking the developer settings confirmed that the ROM didn't support the codec.

I would like to move this ROM if it supports the codec or if I can find a way to add it through magisk.
Been trying to see if I can force tws+ on through editing build.prop by adding persist.vendor.btstack.enable.twsplus=true. I checked the specs of my soundcore liberty air 2 and it has the QCC3020 Chipset like yours do, which supports tws+. I guess it's a problem with both my earphones and ROM.

I would have been using zenOS, if it wasn't for it causing problems during phone calls that others only hear buzzing/static or muffled sound from me until I put the phone in speaker mode. Maintainer claims I missed up my phone, but if I use miui or any other custom ROM, problem goes away.

xCalibur15

Oct 10, 2015
Youtube freezes every 8-10 seconds and listening to music(spotify) audio also gets cut off every 8-10 seconds. Sometimes when I click the power button screen won't turn off, and fingerprint unlock when screen is off takes a while.
Alright, I installed a previous build(Jan 8) since the latest build just keeps freezing the audio. So far I haven't encounter any problems.

Aug 12, 2013
Been trying to see if I can force tws+ on through editing build.prop by adding persist.vendor.btstack.enable.twsplus=true. I checked the specs of my soundcore liberty air 2 and it has the QCC3020 Chipset like yours do, which supports tws+. I guess it's a problem with both my earphones and ROM.

I would have been using zenOS, if it wasn't for it causing problems during phone calls that others only hear buzzing/static or muffled sound from me until I put the phone in speaker mode. Maintainer claims I missed up my phone, but if I use miui or any other custom ROM, problem goes away.
Thanks for trying that out and letting me know, that's actually really helpful. It's unfortunate that it doesn't seem to work for you. Do you notice a disparity in battery life between the right and left earbud? It's my main concern for not being able to use TWS+.

Sld_Ultra

May 5, 2012
Thanks for trying that out and letting me know, that's actually really helpful. It's unfortunate that it doesn't seem to work for you. Do you notice a disparity in battery life between the right and left earbud? It's my main concern for not being able to use TWS+.
I know that for the earbud that's the current master uses more power than the slave since it's streaming the audio to it. But I get about 5-6 hours of battery for the earbud that is the master with volume at around 70-80%. I think this was a normal behavior on miui too. I just switch to the other left earbud when battery is around 30-40%, to make it the master. This evens out the usage and I get close to the 8 hours of battery life (if using 50-60% volume) it's suppose to have. So it works about the same on this ROM, but would like to try the tws+ codec if possible, maybe I won't have to keep switching earbuds if there's no master/slave thing going on.

Aug 12, 2013
I know that for the earbud that's the current master uses more power than the slave since it's streaming the audio to it. But I get about 5-6 hours of battery for the earbud that is the master with volume at around 70-80%. I think this was a normal behavior on miui too. I just switch to the other left earbud when battery is around 30-40%, to make it the master. This evens out the usage and I get close to the 8 hours of battery life (if using 50-60% volume) it's suppose to have. So it works about the same on this ROM, but would like to try the tws+ codec if possible, maybe I won't have to keep switching earbuds if there's no master/slave thing going on.
Thank you for the detailed response. I actually never thought of switching which earbud is the current master, I may end up doing that if/when I move to this rom. From what I can tell while using my earbuds with TWS+, the battery level reduces at an equal pace (the bluetooth panel shows both battery levels) so I'm assuming both earbuds are directly connected to the phone. I feel I get more battery life than the claimed 6h for my earbuds (I've never properly tested it), but usually I'll notice that the battery will have reduced from 100% to 90% at around the 1.5 to 2h mark.

xdamami

Oct 21, 2013
Antalya
Found bug (but don't know how exactly explain).
We have public WiFi i should be select for password my sim authorization when i select SIM method to connect public WiFi device getting reboot . On evry try to connect that WiFi device rebooting.

d.tat

Jul 24, 2019

I'm on latest build

Edit: just did a clean install of the rom, and YouTube still freezes, but then audio just totally went out and when I pause and play again, seems like the problem got fixed? Anyway I'll keep on testing and try the rom with magisk
i have same issues , they are rare and usually restart fixes them but still weird. thinking about going back 2 builds it was much more stable

Reactions: Speedo1320

xCalibur15

Oct 10, 2015
i have same issues , they are rare and usually restart fixes them but still weird. thinking about going back 2 builds it was much more stable
Did you dirty flash, or did a fresh install?
I went back on previous builds because the freezing keeps coming, with or without magisk.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone