[ROM][A11][H870|H870DS|H872|US997] LineageOS 18.1 for LG G6 with microG support [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

sushiboba

Mar 20, 2019
This is so lame!! I finally got fastboot to work to get my device ID via fastboot... and the stupid LG website (which was a headache in itself to simply create an account) denied it... ALL THAT WORK FOR NOTHING

"Unfortunately, your device( United States, (AMAZON(USA)), LGUS997U.AMZ )does not support unlocking the bootloader."

I hate this phone.

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    This is so lame!! I finally got fastboot to work to get my device ID via fastboot... and the stupid LG website (which was a headache in itself to simply create an account) denied it... ALL THAT WORK FOR NOTHING

"Unfortunately, your device( United States, (AMAZON(USA)), LGUS997U.AMZ )does not support unlocking the bootloader."

I hate this phone.
    Exactly. There's no known way to unlock your bootloader and without that you can't flash a custom recovery or rom.

It's very important to check if the specific model variant you are about to buy can be unlocked.

placidns11

Jun 7, 2018
    Need a bit of help with roar the gapps after ROM Installation. My goal is to get to Roar Standard. Does it mean I should install the RoarTheGapps_MINI-ME_20210307.zip and the install RoarTheGapps_20210307.zip immediately after??

kiel007

Mar 23, 2021
    OK, I fixed camera, or at least I think I did. I installed havoc os - camera started working, but I didn't like havoc, so I flashed again Lineage 18.1 latest build and now camera seems to be OK.

Google Play works fine, I was able to install and run all my usual apps except one:

I would like to install PUBG MOBILE HUNDREDS RHYTHMS - when I try my phone downloads all 657 mb of data from googleplay and then displays error message: "It impossible to download PUBG MOBILE HUNDREDS RHYTHMS" (my free translation.) Same if I try to install COD MOBILE. I installed google play services. Any idea how to fix it, or what causes the problem?!

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    OK, I fixed camera, or at least I think I did. I installed havoc os - camera started working, but I didn't like havoc, so I flashed again Lineage 18.1 latest build and now camera seems to be OK.

Google Play works fine, I was able to install and run all my usual apps except one:

I would like to install PUBG MOBILE HUNDREDS RHYTHMS - when I try my phone downloads all 657 mb of data from googleplay and then displays error message: "It impossible to download PUBG MOBILE HUNDREDS RHYTHMS" (my free translation.) Same if I try to install COD MOBILE. I installed google play services. Any idea how to fix it, or what causes the problem?!
    Seems that the obb fix isn't working with this kernel. I'll check.

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires

This build may have some heating and drain issues but will work if you want to play those games.

You can dirty flash.

kiel007

Mar 23, 2021
    Well, in the meantime I downloaded apk from the official PUBG website and after transferring it to phone I was able to install game with no problem. Game works fine.

Still I would like this solved or to know workaround for future updates - inability to install big apps from google playstore. Phone seems to work really nice now. I will test it. Going to flash lineage on MI PAD 4 next.

One more question: can I somehow get rid of this ugly LG warning screen about unlocked bootloader? Is it possible to flash it with some other graphics? G6 is second phone I flashed with custom rom - on moto g3 it was possible to flash bin image to replace this ugly warning, but I can't find webpage with instruction I previously used.

Last edited:

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    Well, in the meantime I downloaded apk from the official PUBG website and after transferring it to phone I was able to install game with no problem. Game works fine.

Still I would like this solved or to know workaround for future updates - inability to install big apps from google playstore. Phone seems to work really nice now. I will test it. Going to flash lineage on MI PAD 4 next.

One more question: can I somehow get rid of this ugly LG warning screen about unlocked bootloader? Is it possible to flash it with some other graphics? G6 is second phone I flashed with custom rom - on moto g3 it was possible to flash bin image to replace this ugly warning, but I can't find webpage with instruction I previously used.

Please, don't ask for ETAs, it's annoying.
    I sent you a workaround in my previous post, but it will be fixed soon.
    No, it's not possible to remove that warning.

Last edited:

kiel007

Mar 23, 2021
    I flashed the newest build and everything is working fine except a camera. Both GCamera and default camera app are crashing whenever I'm trying to launch them. Did anyone have the same problem

Had the same issue day ago (post #225). Re-flashed Lineage and it was still not working. OP suggested restoring to stock rom and then flashing Lineage again. But LGUP stopped working for me, and I was unable to return to stock. So I fixed it by flashing havoc os - checking if camera work there, and then flashing again Lineage. Now it works. So try to flash this rom: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-h870-us997-h872-h870ds-a11-havocos-v4-2-official.3893668/ then check if camera works and clean flash Lineage again. Worked for me.

Last edited:
    Reactions: bernardobas

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires

You can try this new beta build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lg-g6/files/Beta/

- fast charge should be fixed
    - pubg thing should be fixed

Need to confirm if temps and drain are ok.

Thanks

Gerard951

Jan 13, 2015
    I clean installed this rom and so far it works great. Thanks to all developers! I also installed microg with the magisk microg revived module. For me the location service isnt working great, does this work for you? Or is this a microg issue or something on my side?

kiel007

Mar 23, 2021
    You can try this new beta build: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lg-g6/files/Beta/

- fast charge should be fixed
    - pubg thing should be fixed

Need to confirm if temps and drain are ok.

Thanks

I flashed lineage-18.1-20210325-UNOFFICIAL-h870.zip - seems to work perfectly fine. I was able to install PUBG from google playstore. Game works fine, 30 min round and battery down from 99% to 83% (no sim inside, but still rather good result IMHO). The Phone was hot (not critical hot), but its old phone and demanding game, so I don't think it overheats.

I am using this old G6 mainly as internet camera (via IVCam app). Since I lately damaged my daily driver I decided to flash new os into G6 just it in case my daily driver died, and I had to use this backup phone for a while - and I need dark mode and gesture navigation for this (not available in stock soft). I am honestly surprised how a nice little device it becomes after flashing Lineage. Thanx!

Last edited:
    Reactions: bernardobas

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    New LineageOS 18.1 (A11) build available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date

26/03/2021

Kernel changes
    · Fixed Android/OBB issues
    · Fast charge reenabled

>> Builds for all LG G6 variants <<

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Trash remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

pococos

Jul 31, 2019
    Hello,

I did update from de February build to the last one (26/03/21).
    The overall experience is good as for the previous one.

Here the different issues I encounter:
    • Instagram: Vidéo was buggy in both versions
    • Spotify: in the latest version song tend to not load, I will do some more testing on this
    • I had a weird issue when passing the phonecall, I think the device had difficulties switching antennas. Basically if I walk and have a phone call, at some point when I'm far from the antenna the call will stop and I have to call back
    • My battery drain quite quickly, but still it provides better usage than the previous ROM I had
    I can provide logs if needed, I just don't know-how.

Oh and it's not a request to be fixed, I can live with this :)

Thanks for your job

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    Hello,

I did update from de February build to the last one (26/03/21).
    The overall experience is good as for the previous one.

Here the different issues I encounter:
    • Instagram: Vidéo was buggy in both versions
    • Spotify: in the latest version song tend to not load, I will do some more testing on this
    • I had a weird issue when passing the phonecall, I think the device had difficulties switching antennas. Basically if I walk and have a phone call, at some point when I'm far from the antenna the call will stop and I have to call back
    • My battery drain quite quickly, but still it provides better usage than the previous ROM I had
    I can provide logs if needed, I just don't know-how.

Oh and it's not a request to be fixed, I can live with this :)

Thanks for your job

Are you using official Instagram app? Apps like instander or similar are crap.

What gapps package are you using?

Spotify thing always happens even on stock (which I also use for testing on a second G6).

Not sure if you are using regular or wifi phone calls but seems like you are on a weak signal spot. I use my phone quite a lot and never have signal issues or calls missed.

Last edited:

pococos

Jul 31, 2019
    I am using the official Instagram app, this issue appeared with the new renderer (that makes the phone much smoother, thanks for that :D ) only on the Reels. I have this issue on Instagram, but all the other apps with video content work perfectly well (tik tok, youtube, Instagram stories, etc.)

On Spotify, it seems to work better after a reboot.

Regarding the phone call, it's one regular phone call, not on wifi one. It doesn't bother me haha, I prefer to use vocals.

Regarding the thermals & battery life, I think my phone works better with a low battery than before, the temps are similar, the battery life is not as good as what I had with Havoc 3.11 but as its a lot smoother, it's all good for me :)

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    I am using the official Instagram app, this issue appeared with the new renderer (that makes the phone much smoother, thanks for that :D ) only on the Reels. I have this issue on Instagram, but all the other apps with video content work perfectly well (tik tok, youtube, Instagram stories, etc.)

On Spotify, it seems to work better after a reboot.

Regarding the phone call, it's one regular phone call, not on wifi one. It doesn't bother me haha, I prefer to use vocals.

Regarding the thermals & battery life, I think my phone works better with a low battery than before, the temps are similar, the battery life is not as good as what I had with Havoc 3.11 but as its a lot smoother, it's all good for me :)

Just tested reels and no issues at all.

I recommend doing a clean flash + gapps & trash remover, roar gapps mini me (op links) and magisk 22.

Temps are similar than A10 now, you should get that after a clean flash. Stand by drain needs to be improved.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Build date
      26/05/2021

Lineage changes
      · PowerMenuActions: Add emergency option
      · Power menu actions settings are back
      · Power menu customizations for R
      · Dialer: use black/white navigation colors
      · Bluetooth: follow system theme in dialogs
      · Fix multi-user awareness
      · Apns: Add AT&T 310-280 ids
      · Remove Bluetooth related text from DNS-dialog
      · Trebuchet: Set 5x6 grid to 5 hotseat icons
      · Fix voicemail for Bouygues Telecom France
      · Add strings for "Disabled" + wake on pick-up
      · Snap: reduce unneeded animations
      · Snap: add QR scanner mode
      · Snap: update promode icons
      · Snap: use nicer icons in settings
      · Apns: Enable IPV6 for China Telecom
      · Apns: Enable IPV6 for China Unicom
      · Apns: Enable IPV6 for China Mobile
      · Settings: Make setup wizard go through ChooseLockPatternSize if needed
      · Settings: Make FRP go through ChooseLockPatternSize if needed
      · Settings: Remove hardcoded extras from ChooseLockPatternSize
      · Snap: use translucent control background on 16:9
      · Apns: Add Kena Mobile entries
      · Apns: Update PosteMobile entries
      · Apns: Add ho.mobile configs
      · Apns: Update CoopVoce entries
      · More fixes and optimizations

Device changes
      Due to own hardware issues I cannot use or event test V30 camera and sensor blobs. All future builds will include V20J blobs.
      · Camera and sensors blobs back to V20J
      · Optimize mic input level during regular phone calls using loudspeaker

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

Build date
      14/06/2021

Lineage changes
      · June security patch
      · More fixes and optimizations

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

Build date
      28/05/2021

Device changes
      **Device changes**
      · Camera and sensors blobs back to V30x to fix focus

Is it normal that my device appears as not rooted for apps after flashing this rom? I have to install magisk and only then apps like Smartpack Kernel Manager works well.

Yes, it's normal. The rom is not pre rooted.
      attachment.php

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */

What's working?
      WiFi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      Fingerprint reader
      NFC
      Flashlight
      Sound
      Vibration
      microG support

Known issues
      - VoLTE doesn't work. LG uses a proprietary implementation of VoLTE that is not compliant with AOSP. Fixable? Probably not.
      - Encryption doesn't work

Bug reporting
      If you want to report bugs, please always indicate device variant, Gapps package, Magisk version and Magisk modules installed.

Prerequisites
      Your device must be unlocked and running a custom recovery. Click here if your variant is H870 or US997 and here for H872.

Oreo or Pie bootloader required
      H870: if you are running the latest Stock Pie, there's no need to update your bootloader.
      US997 and H872: if you are running the latest Stock Oreo, there's no need to update your bootloader.
      In case you aren't running those stock versions, you'll need to update your bootloader by flashing the right one for your variant.
      Bootloaders for all LG G6 variants

Android 11 recovery required
      After you unlocked your bootloader and flashed the suggested TWRP version, you'll need to upgrade your recovery to have A11 support. Old recoveries will not work with Android 11. OrangeFox and SkyHawk are both TWRP based and are fully compatible with this rom. You can flash them like any other ZIP (no need to unzip). Once flashed, you can use the "reboot to recovery" option to start flashing the rest of the packages.
      OrangeFox Recovery
      SkyHawk Recovery

Instructions
      - Clean flash is mandatory
      - Backup everything
      - Unlock your device and install TWRP following the prerequisites guides above
      - Update your recovery to the latest OrangeFox or SkyHawk (otherwise flashing Android 11 based roms will fail). They are flasheable ZIPs, no need to unzip
      - Update your bootloader if needed (fingerprint reader doesn't work with old bootloaders)
      - Download the latest build and Roar Gapps (Mini Me package is mandatory, other packages will cause issues)
      - Reboot to recovery
      - Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
      - Flash the latest build and Roar Gapps Mini Me
      - Magisk (optional)
      - Reboot and enjoy

Downloads
      LineageOS for all LG G6 variants

Debloated builds
      You can flash Gapps & Trash Remover by Cheewaca. All these apps will be removed: AudioFX, Camera2, Contacts, DeskClock, Dialer, Eleven, Email, Etar, ExactCalculator, Exchange, Gallery2, Jelly, Messaging, Recorder, Snap, Updater.

The order for flashing is: ROM + Gapps & Trash Remover + Gapps + Magisk.

You can get the remover here: https://t.me/Gapps_Trash_Remover

Stay up to date
      LG G6 ThinQ Community
      LG G6 ThinQ Releases
      The real devs are there!!!

Sources
      LineageOS
      Devices tree and kernel

Thanks
      Thanks to @-Androider- for sharing his work as the previous maintainer. And special thanks to @TheWolfSVK, @dom133 and Cheewaca who are the real brains behind this (sorry if I forgot about someone).

-
      BSG GCam 8.1 (best camera choice)

Our BSG friends are doing an amazing job releasing new versions almost every week.

The below recommended version has been tested and works fine but feel free to download any other.

>> Download recommended MGC_8.1.101_A9_PVs_libs_Eng <<
      · Includes XML config and 3rd party gallery support (among other new features).
      · 1/8 slow motion doesn't work but 1/4 works fine.
      · Logging disabled
      · Runs smoother than other builds

BSG Telegram Channel
      New LineageOS 17.1 builds available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date: 10/08/2020

Changelog:

LineageOS Changes:
      - Android 10.0.0 Release 41
      - New security patch level: 05.08.2020
      - VolumeDialog: Redo expanded volume panel
      - Add APN for Telefonica
      - Calendar: Make use of system theme setting on android 10 (#715)
      - DeskClock: Fix alarm clock screen show black when screen locked
      - Messaging: fix launch screen status bar color
      - Dialer: Fix launch screen status bar color
      - Upstream updates, enhancements and fixes

Device Changes:
      · Removed AudioFX to avoid random reboots while playing video

Kernel Changes:
      · Update WireGuard to version 1.0.20200729

Random reboots while playing video are fixed.

>> Downloads for all LG G6 variants <<
      does H870DS unlock bootloader available?

How is It possible to install this ROM on H870DS? Is It possible to unlock its bootloader now?

Some users got the bin file for unlocking directly from LG. You should join this TG group to get the exact procedure: https://t.me/LGG6BootloaderExploit

Build date

30/03/2021

Device changes
      · Fixed Vulkan support
      · Complete RIL rework and update
      · Introduced new AIDL Power HAL
      · Updated Perf, Media, GPS blobs
      · Updated Camera blobs from V30B
      · Added support for Call Screening
      · New sound mixer

Kernel changes
      · Thermal changes