[ROM][A11][H870|H870DS|H872|US997] LineageOS 18.1 for LG G6 with microG support [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

frank90petro

Mar 28, 2021
I just installed the rom. Works great but I'm not able to access to my external SD card. I'm not able to format my SD card as internal or external storage too, I obtain an error during formatting. How to fix it? Re-flashing the rom?

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    New LineageOS 18.1 (A11) build available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date

28/03/2021

Lineage changes
    · NFC fix for mifare type chips/cards

>> Builds for all LG G6 variants <<

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Trash remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    My phone makes a random buzzing noise and the flash light is not working and camera crashes.

Check a couple of posts before yours. Some users went through the same and they were able to fix it quite easily.

Other way to solve it would be to flash Pie KDZ (with LG software) and then upgrade to the latest KDZ to start over and flash a new recovery, ROM, and all the rest. This fix is a sure thing but takes longer, the one done by other users may be easier but may not 100% effective.

As I mentioned before, this is due to some LG crap. I even had this issue while being on Stock Oreo (once with camera and some other time with proximity sensor).

Good luck

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires

Build date

30/03/2021

Device changes
    · Fixed Vulkan support
    · Complete RIL rework and update
    · Introduced new AIDL Power HAL
    · Updated Perf, Media, GPS blobs
    · Updated Camera blobs from V30B
    · Added support for Call Screening
    · New sound mixer

Kernel changes
    · Thermal changes

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

frank90petro

Mar 28, 2021

Build date

30/03/2021

Device changes
    · Fixed Vulkan support
    · New sound mixer

Kernel changes
    · Thermal changes

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.
    Why on 18.1 the charging rate is too slow (780mA) while on the 17.1 was quite fast (1800 mA)? I tryed also the USB fast charging option on different power adapter but nothing, the maximum remain to 780mA. How to fix?

samlibardi

Mar 26, 2021
    Why on 18.1 the charging rate is too slow (780mA) while on the 17.1 was quite fast (1800 mA)? I tryed also the USB fast charging option on different power adapter but nothing, the maximum remain to 780mA. How to fix?
    Hello. Are you using the latest build? Some previous builds had fast charging disabled.
    I've tested here and fast charging is working as intended, measured 2600mA average from 25% to 50% (see pic below for more details )

Screenshot_20210401-152938_AccuBattery.png

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires

Build date

02/04/2021

Kernel changes
    · Camera focus fixed

Reactions: rossmurray

placidns11

Jun 7, 2018
    Having pretty good luck with the ROM so far, thanks guys. Just one thing I'm looking for is I can't find the setting for Wi-Fi calling. I'm using mint mobile and it was always there on the stock ROM can't seem to find it on Android 11?

pococos

Jul 31, 2019
    Hello,

I'm just testing the last release and it fixes the Proshot camera app on my device 🙂

I still have my weird issue on some Instagram Reels, it's may be due to some driver update I did some time ago 😅

I will do a feedback of the temps and battery life in a few days

Thank you for your work!

Reactions: bernardobas

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    Hello,

I'm just testing the last release and it fixes the Proshot camera app on my device 🙂

I still have my weird issue on some Instagram Reels, it's may be due to some driver update I did some time ago 😅

I will do a feedback of the temps and battery life in a few days

Thank you for your work!

Glad that new camera blobs fixed your app issue.

Just clean flashed my second G6 and I can confirm IG reels are working fine.

Clean flashing is also recommended to get the best possible battery life. Takes a couple of days to reach the best performance tho.

Last edited:
    Reactions: pococos

louisld

Feb 27, 2019
    Hello,

I just installed the lastest rom on my LG G6 H870 and everything seems to be ok. It's just when I want to install magisk from recovery, it says it cannot mount /vendor partition. Any idea where this can come from ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Build date
      26/05/2021

Lineage changes
      · PowerMenuActions: Add emergency option
      · Power menu actions settings are back
      · Power menu customizations for R
      · Dialer: use black/white navigation colors
      · Bluetooth: follow system theme in dialogs
      · Fix multi-user awareness
      · Apns: Add AT&T 310-280 ids
      · Remove Bluetooth related text from DNS-dialog
      · Trebuchet: Set 5x6 grid to 5 hotseat icons
      · Fix voicemail for Bouygues Telecom France
      · Add strings for "Disabled" + wake on pick-up
      · Snap: reduce unneeded animations
      · Snap: add QR scanner mode
      · Snap: update promode icons
      · Snap: use nicer icons in settings
      · Apns: Enable IPV6 for China Telecom
      · Apns: Enable IPV6 for China Unicom
      · Apns: Enable IPV6 for China Mobile
      · Settings: Make setup wizard go through ChooseLockPatternSize if needed
      · Settings: Make FRP go through ChooseLockPatternSize if needed
      · Settings: Remove hardcoded extras from ChooseLockPatternSize
      · Snap: use translucent control background on 16:9
      · Apns: Add Kena Mobile entries
      · Apns: Update PosteMobile entries
      · Apns: Add ho.mobile configs
      · Apns: Update CoopVoce entries
      · More fixes and optimizations

Device changes
      Due to own hardware issues I cannot use or event test V30 camera and sensor blobs. All future builds will include V20J blobs.
      · Camera and sensors blobs back to V20J
      · Optimize mic input level during regular phone calls using loudspeaker

Build date
      28/05/2021

Device changes
      **Device changes**
      · Camera and sensors blobs back to V30x to fix focus

Is it normal that my device appears as not rooted for apps after flashing this rom? I have to install magisk and only then apps like Smartpack Kernel Manager works well.

Yes, it's normal. The rom is not pre rooted.
      attachment.php

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */

What's working?
      WiFi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      Fingerprint reader
      NFC
      Flashlight
      Sound
      Vibration
      microG support

Known issues
      - VoLTE doesn't work. LG uses a proprietary implementation of VoLTE that is not compliant with AOSP. Fixable? Probably not.
      - Encryption doesn't work

Bug reporting
      If you want to report bugs, please always indicate device variant, Gapps package, Magisk version and Magisk modules installed.

Prerequisites
      Your device must be unlocked and running a custom recovery. Click here if your variant is H870 or US997 and here for H872.

Oreo or Pie bootloader required
      H870: if you are running the latest Stock Pie, there's no need to update your bootloader.
      US997 and H872: if you are running the latest Stock Oreo, there's no need to update your bootloader.
      In case you aren't running those stock versions, you'll need to update your bootloader by flashing the right one for your variant.
      Bootloaders for all LG G6 variants

Android 11 recovery required
      After you unlocked your bootloader and flashed the suggested TWRP version, you'll need to upgrade your recovery to have A11 support. Old recoveries will not work with Android 11. OrangeFox and SkyHawk are both TWRP based and are fully compatible with this rom. You can flash them like any other ZIP (no need to unzip). Once flashed, you can use the "reboot to recovery" option to start flashing the rest of the packages.
      OrangeFox Recovery
      SkyHawk Recovery

Instructions
      - Clean flash is mandatory
      - Backup everything
      - Unlock your device and install TWRP following the prerequisites guides above
      - Update your recovery to the latest OrangeFox or SkyHawk (otherwise flashing Android 11 based roms will fail). They are flasheable ZIPs, no need to unzip
      - Update your bootloader if needed (fingerprint reader doesn't work with old bootloaders)
      - Download the latest build and Roar Gapps (Mini Me package is mandatory, other packages will cause issues)
      - Reboot to recovery
      - Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
      - Flash the latest build and Roar Gapps Mini Me
      - Magisk (optional)
      - Reboot and enjoy

Downloads
      LineageOS for all LG G6 variants

Debloated builds
      You can flash Gapps & Trash Remover by Cheewaca. All these apps will be removed: AudioFX, Camera2, Contacts, DeskClock, Dialer, Eleven, Email, Etar, ExactCalculator, Exchange, Gallery2, Jelly, Messaging, Recorder, Snap, Updater.

The order for flashing is: ROM + Gapps & Trash Remover + Gapps + Magisk.

You can get the remover here: https://t.me/Gapps_Trash_Remover

Stay up to date
      LG G6 ThinQ Community
      LG G6 ThinQ Releases
      The real devs are there!!!

Sources
      LineageOS
      Devices tree and kernel

Thanks
      Thanks to @-Androider- for sharing his work as the previous maintainer. And special thanks to @TheWolfSVK, @dom133 and Cheewaca who are the real brains behind this (sorry if I forgot about someone).

-
      BSG GCam 8.1 (best camera choice)

Our BSG friends are doing an amazing job releasing new versions almost every week.

The below recommended version has been tested and works fine but feel free to download any other.

>> Download recommended MGC_8.1.101_A9_PVs_libs_Eng <<
      · Includes XML config and 3rd party gallery support (among other new features).
      · 1/8 slow motion doesn't work but 1/4 works fine.
      · Logging disabled
      · Runs smoother than other builds

BSG Telegram Channel
      New LineageOS 17.1 builds available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date: 10/08/2020

Changelog:

LineageOS Changes:
      - Android 10.0.0 Release 41
      - New security patch level: 05.08.2020
      - VolumeDialog: Redo expanded volume panel
      - Add APN for Telefonica
      - Calendar: Make use of system theme setting on android 10 (#715)
      - DeskClock: Fix alarm clock screen show black when screen locked
      - Messaging: fix launch screen status bar color
      - Dialer: Fix launch screen status bar color
      - Upstream updates, enhancements and fixes

Device Changes:
      · Removed AudioFX to avoid random reboots while playing video

Kernel Changes:
      · Update WireGuard to version 1.0.20200729

Random reboots while playing video are fixed.

>> Downloads for all LG G6 variants <<
      does H870DS unlock bootloader available?

How is It possible to install this ROM on H870DS? Is It possible to unlock its bootloader now?

Some users got the bin file for unlocking directly from LG. You should join this TG group to get the exact procedure: https://t.me/LGG6BootloaderExploit

Build date

30/03/2021

Device changes
      · Fixed Vulkan support
      · New sound mixer

Kernel changes
      · Thermal changes

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone