• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][A11][H870|H870DS|H872|US997] LineageOS 18.1 for LG G6 with microG support [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

montechristos1

Aug 27, 2012
I just installed this ROM and I am very happy with it! Very smooth, excellent battery life and all seems to work.
Kudos to the developers. Keep up the great work

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Ookay, I just followed your steps in the first post.
If there is a simpler path, what speaks against describing this instead?

I was talking about your issues to flash gapps and to the fact that you ended with an unwanted recovery.
There's a fully tested procedure that works just fine already (first post) and it's better to stick to that to avoid other people getting into trouble.
I know you had the best intentions, I only meant to make things clear regarding how to get things working easily.

biped91

Sep 26, 2015
@bernardobas Hi, I was on lineage-18.1-20210421-UNOFFICIAL-h870.zip build, and it was wonderful, because somehow made my LG G6 think it was a pixel 5, and that meant that I could natively use the Google Recorder. However, when I flashed to lineage-18.1-20210614-UNOFFICIAL-h870.zip
The phone went back to thinking it was an LG G6, And Google's Recorder does not work anymore. Is there anyway to force the phone into thinking it's a Pixel phone again?

I found a flashable zip file to force this spoof, but unfortunately, it doesn't work properly. and to use Google's Recorder, I need to keep flashing this Pixel spoof every day. https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixel-spoof/files/Pixel 5 Spoof/

Anyway to bring back the native pixel 5 spoof from the previous build?
Thanks, and also, thanks for the continued work on the LG G6. I love this phone.

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
@bernardobas Hi, I was on lineage-18.1-20210421-UNOFFICIAL-h870.zip build, and it was wonderful, because somehow made my LG G6 think it was a pixel 5, and that meant that I could natively use the Google Recorder. However, when I flashed to lineage-18.1-20210614-UNOFFICIAL-h870.zip
The phone went back to thinking it was an LG G6, And Google's Recorder does not work anymore. Is there anyway to force the phone into thinking it's a Pixel phone again?

I found a flashable zip file to force this spoof, but unfortunately, it doesn't work properly. and to use Google's Recorder, I need to keep flashing this Pixel spoof every day. https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixel-spoof/files/Pixel 5 Spoof/

Anyway to bring back the native pixel 5 spoof from the previous build?
Thanks, and also, thanks for the continued work on the LG G6. I love this phone.
No need to flash anything. Just go to recorder settings and swich to phone mic instead of using the automatic feature.

biped91

Sep 26, 2015
No need to flash anything. Just go to recorder settings and swich to phone mic instead of using the automatic feature.
Yes I do switch to phone mic, but that only works the first time I install the app from the play store. when my phone restarts, I get the following message, attached:

the transcription doesn't work and asks that I install the Google App, which also doesn't fix the issue. So every time I need to get the transcribe feature to work, I need to reinstall the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210621-152451_Recorder.png
    Screenshot_20210621-152451_Recorder.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210621-152427_Recorder.png
    Screenshot_20210621-152427_Recorder.png
    148 KB · Views: 30

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
The Mini Me one that you linked, after uninstalling all google services and google play and flashing trash remover and flashing gapps it worked

Edit: After checking phone battery usage, 53% of my battery was used last night when screen was off, does this rom not have deep sleep or something?

You should clean flash and see what happens. Could be a battery issue too.

The rom does have deep sleep. As a reference, with light use I usually charge my phone every 2 days (40 hours uptime / 1 hour SOT) and with normal use I get about 4 hours SOT during 15 hours uptime.

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Yes I do switch to phone mic, but that only works the first time I install the app from the play store. when my phone restarts, I get the following message, attached:

the transcription doesn't work and asks that I install the Google App, which also doesn't fix the issue. So every time I need to get the transcribe feature to work, I need to reinstall the app.

Transcription isn't available in my language, maybe someone else can help you.

ma66ot87

Sep 8, 2020
Any experiences with other Gapps variants? I switched back to havoc because Google assistant wasn't working correctly with roar mini me. Using the normal roar on havoc an everything works. But overall performance isn't as good as on LOS.

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Any experiences with other Gapps variants? I switched back to havoc because Google assistant wasn't working correctly with roar mini me. Using the normal roar on havoc an everything works. But overall performance isn't as good as on LOS.
Mini me package does include assistant but not ok Google detection. You need to use the standard package to grt that. But it will eventually cause sound to fail with any A10 or A11 rom due to own limitations (rom issue).

You may give it a try and disable ok Google if needed.

ma66ot87

Sep 8, 2020
Mini me package does include assistant but not ok Google detection. You need to use the standard package to grt that. But it will eventually cause sound to fail with any A10 or A11 rom due to own limitations (rom issue).

You may give it a try and disable ok Google if needed.
Thanks for your reply.
I actually don't use Ok Google I was just trying to setup Action Blocks which uses Google Assistant with written commands. Strangely I could open YouTube eg. but failed to open Google Photos.

Will try the normal Roar Gapps then. Thanks

Jun 8, 2019
LG G5
T-Mobile LG G6
@bernardobas When I use GSAM to check standby, updating to the new build seems to increase my screen-off usage a lot more, around 25% for 2.5 hours. irq/318-2cd9xx, irq/389-lge_tou, thermal-engine, reset_task, mdss_fb0, and ip6tables-restore seem to be some of the largest culprits on the kernel side. On the LOS side, ConnectivityService, deviceidle_maint, and ActivityManager-Sleep seem to wake my device a lot.

Do you know anything about how to fix these things from such large idle battery drain? Having to completely shutdown the phone each time seems like a pain.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New LineageOS 18.1 (A11) build available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date

08/07/2021

Lineage changes
    · July security patch
    · More fixes and optimizations that I'm too lazy to describe

>> Builds for all LG G6 variants <<

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.
    Flashed this rom and ran into an interesting problem. When I play audio (whether it be through bluetooth or the headphone jack), the audio plays only through the right channel. I don't remember changing any balance settings in the AudioFX equalizer. Should I just reflash or how should I go about trying to fix this? This problem wasn't present on previously installed HavocOS.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the setting. The audio balance slider was set all the way to the right channel under Accessibility for some reason. I am 1000% certain I haven't touched this slider as I haven't even opened accessibility settings since flashing this rom.

Great rom. Switched over from Havoc because the battery drain was getting unbearable. This one seems to have much better battery life. Lost some customization settings but overall this rom is very good too, great daily driver.

Build date

08/07/2021

Lineage changes
    · July security patch
    · More fixes and optimizations that I'm too lazy to describe

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

Installed, and working really well. Google Recorder also working natively now. Thank you so much for the continued support.
    Thanks for making/maintaining this rom!

I installed this today for the first time after using Havoc for nearly two years.
    I'm very satisfied with most things, the performance is the best I've ever had on my G6. The only problem I've noticed is that my phone heated up more than ever before. (I installed only Signal and Reddit sync & started browsing Reddit before the phone started acting like a clothes iron.)
    So I remembered that I bought Ex Kernel Manager many years ago & setting the cpu scheduler from interactive to conservative made the heat manageable, whilst the performance is still brilliant.

Cheers!

edit: The charging temps are more than a little crazy, it would be nice if Lineage supported slow charging, like some Samsung phones did in the past.
    BSG GCam 8.1 (best camera choice)

Our BSG friends are doing an amazing job releasing new versions almost every week.

The below recommended version has been tested and works fine but feel free to download any other.

>> Download recommended MGC_8.1.101_A9_PVs_libs_Eng <<
    · Includes XML config and 3rd party gallery support (among other new features).
    · 1/8 slow motion doesn't work but 1/4 works fine.
    · Logging disabled
    · Runs smoother than other builds

BSG Telegram Channel
    attachment.php

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's working?
    WiFi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Flashlight
    Sound
    Vibration
    microG support

Known issues
    - VoLTE doesn't work. LG uses a proprietary implementation of VoLTE that is not compliant with AOSP. Fixable? Probably not.
    - Encryption doesn't work

Bug reporting
    If you want to report bugs, please always indicate device variant, Gapps package, Magisk version and Magisk modules installed.

Prerequisites
    Your device must be unlocked and running a custom recovery. Click here if your variant is H870 or US997 and here for H872.

Oreo or Pie bootloader required
    H870: if you are running the latest Stock Pie, there's no need to update your bootloader.
    US997 and H872: if you are running the latest Stock Oreo, there's no need to update your bootloader.
    In case you aren't running those stock versions, you'll need to update your bootloader by flashing the right one for your variant.
    Bootloaders for all LG G6 variants

Android 11 recovery required
    After you unlocked your bootloader and flashed the suggested TWRP version, you'll need to upgrade your recovery to have A11 support. Old recoveries will not work with Android 11. OrangeFox and SkyHawk are both TWRP based and are fully compatible with this rom. You can flash them like any other ZIP (no need to unzip). Once flashed, you can use the "reboot to recovery" option to start flashing the rest of the packages.
    OrangeFox Recovery
    SkyHawk Recovery

Instructions
    - Clean flash is mandatory
    - Backup everything
    - Unlock your device and install TWRP following the prerequisites guides above
    - Update your recovery to the latest OrangeFox or SkyHawk (otherwise flashing Android 11 based roms will fail). They are flasheable ZIPs, no need to unzip
    - Update your bootloader if needed (fingerprint reader doesn't work with old bootloaders)
    - Download the latest build and Roar Gapps (Mini Me package is mandatory, other packages will cause issues)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
    - Flash the latest build and Roar Gapps Mini Me
    - Magisk (optional)
    - Reboot and enjoy

Downloads
    LineageOS for all LG G6 variants

Debloated builds
    You can flash Gapps & Trash Remover by Cheewaca. All these apps will be removed: AudioFX, Camera2, Contacts, DeskClock, Dialer, Eleven, Email, Etar, ExactCalculator, Exchange, Gallery2, Jelly, Messaging, Recorder, Snap, Updater.

The order for flashing is: ROM + Gapps & Trash Remover + Gapps + Magisk.

You can get the remover here: https://t.me/Gapps_Trash_Remover

Stay up to date
    LG G6 ThinQ Community
    LG G6 ThinQ Releases
    The real devs are there!!!

Sources
    LineageOS
    Devices tree and kernel

Thanks
    Thanks to @-Androider- for sharing his work as the previous maintainer. And special thanks to @TheWolfSVK, @dom133 and Cheewaca who are the real brains behind this (sorry if I forgot about someone).

-

Build date
    14/06/2021

Lineage changes
    · June security patch
    · More fixes and optimizations

New LineageOS 17.1 builds available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date: 10/08/2020

Changelog:

LineageOS Changes:
    - Android 10.0.0 Release 41
    - New security patch level: 05.08.2020
    - VolumeDialog: Redo expanded volume panel
    - Add APN for Telefonica
    - Calendar: Make use of system theme setting on android 10 (#715)
    - DeskClock: Fix alarm clock screen show black when screen locked
    - Messaging: fix launch screen status bar color
    - Dialer: Fix launch screen status bar color
    - Upstream updates, enhancements and fixes

Device Changes:
    · Removed AudioFX to avoid random reboots while playing video

Kernel Changes:
    · Update WireGuard to version 1.0.20200729

Random reboots while playing video are fixed.

>> Downloads for all LG G6 variants <<
    does H870DS unlock bootloader available?

How is It possible to install this ROM on H870DS? Is It possible to unlock its bootloader now?

Some users got the bin file for unlocking directly from LG. You should join this TG group to get the exact procedure: https://t.me/LGG6BootloaderExploit